D23 Parks and Resort Panel 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure I’m tracking...isn’t pretty much everything they announced an investment? Maybe just not the investments that everyone wants.
Sorry...I meant not really any “new investment”

I give them credit for building what’s already known...but considering their elongated construction timelines, absence of announcements means nothing of substance for a period in the future

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Yes my wife and I love DLR so much more than WDW. The whole having to plan your fastpasses 70 days in advance and even then most of the best fastpasses are gone. It’s stressful planning a WDW vacation these days.
Yes I lived in Plano a long time but I made that name 15 years ago on laughingplace when I still lived there. Now I live just up 121 in McKinney but I’m in Plano everyday.

Nice! Over in the Austin Ranch area myself!

The best would be heading to Tokyo as those parks are seriously the best I've ever been to, but I'm not spending $500/RT for my three kids :p

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yes my wife and I love DLR so much more than WDW. The whole having to plan your fastpasses 70 days in advance and even then most of the best fastpasses are gone. It’s stressful planning a WDW vacation these days.
Yes I lived in Plano a long time but I made that name 15 years ago on laughingplace when I still lived there. Now I live just up 121 in McKinney but I’m in Plano everyday.
Just back from Disneyland and I can’t recommend it more to people who only know wdw.

Don’t get me wrong...I’m a Florida boy...but the convenience and still mostly laid back nature of Disneyland is hard to beat

And...I had max pass. It made me nostalgic for what fastpass used to be.

We had more ride Times than we could use.

No joke...at one point i had Matterhorn at 7:40, space at 7:50 and Indy at 8:10

That would take 2 days with Tiering to get if I were in wdw

FP+...which I originally supported....only works if you’re there so much you don’t care what you do.

planodisney

Nice! Over in the Austin Ranch area myself!

The best would be heading to Tokyo as those parks are seriously the best I've ever been to, but I'm not spending $500/RT for my three kids :p
Cool, over in the Grapevine area. That’s actually a pretty touristy area for Texas isn’t it. With the Gaylord Texan, Great Wolf Lodge and Grapevine Mills.
I love old town Grapevine.

I think Nintendoland is probably looking at 2021-2022.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Just back from Disneyland and I can’t recommend it more to people who only know wdw.

Don’t get me wrong...I’m a Florida boy...but the convenience and still mostly laid back nature of Disneyland is hard to beat

FP+...which I originally supported....only works if you’re there so much you don’t care what you do.

Did you find you need the MaxPass?

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Cool, over in the Grapevine area. That’s actually a pretty touristy area for Texas isn’t it. With the Gaylord Texan, Great Wolf Lodge and Grapevine Mills.
I love old town Grapevine.

I think Nintendoland is probably looking at 2021-2022.

Austin Ranch is right behind the NFM, on the edge of Carrollton/Frisco/Plano actually.

planodisney

Aw your makin me jealous here. I’m dying to get out there just me and my wife with these decreased crowd levels. We long for the “old fastpass” days. Makes a day at the park so much more organic and enjoyable.

planodisney

Austin Ranch is right behind the NFM, on the edge of Carrollton/Frisco/Plano actually.
Oh I know exactly where you are. Close to the Arbour Hills nature preserve, in that area.
Do you know where Prestonwood is? My wife teaches and both kids in school there.
My parents live in The Colony just across 121 from NFM.
Small world

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Oh I know exactly where you are. Close to the Arbour Hills nature preserve, in that area.
Do you know where Prestonwood is? My wife teaches and both kids in school there.
My parents live in The Colony just across 121 from NFM.
Small world

Super small world. Arbor Hills Nature Preserve backs into where I live. I know where Prestonwood is at! My oldest played soccer over there and I would love to put my kids in school over there, just can't justify the cost personally.

And yeah, we're like 5 minutes from your parents. Too funny!

planodisney

Super small world. Arbor Hills Nature Preserve backs into where I live. I know where Prestonwood is at! My oldest played soccer over there and I would love to put my kids in school over there, just can't justify the cost personally.

I couldn’t justify the cost either. Wife teaching there is what makes it possible for us. That 50% discount helps big time.

planodisney

I actually grew up in Redding, Northern California and graduated high school in San Jose. Lived in Huntington Beach for a while.
I was born in Houston but moved to California at 4.
I’ve been back in Texas for 20 years now and I’m officially Texan now. Actually a great place to raise a family. IMO
Do funny what a small world.
Good to meet you!

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I actually grew up in Redding, Northern California and graduated high school in San Jose. Lived in Huntington Beach for a while.
I was born in Houston but moved to California at 4.
I’ve been back in Texas for 20 years now and I’m officially Texan now. Actually a great place to raise a family. IMO
Do funny what a small world.
Good to meet you!

Born in Pasadena, CA, moved to Orlando when in school, have lived in DFW for the last almost 4 years now. This is definitely a great area to raise a family. Only thing missing is my folks, which would be the only reason to move.

That and being closer to WDW (I could totally justify the price of APs).

Travel Junkie

I mean they only announced two E-tickets for DLR this calendar year (Tokyo and Florida went 12 years without ones).

But yes the funding faucet is closed. 🤷🏼‍♂️

You have GE including SR in 2019, ROTR and a Spiderman ride in 2020, Runaway Railway in 2022 and an announced Avengers E ticket in the pipeline. In WDW you have 5 E tickets currently under construction. Yet the overwhelming feedback is this is boring, nothing is happening.

Disney Analyst

You have GE including SR in 2019, ROTR and a Spiderman ride in 2020, Runaway Railway in 2022 and an announced Avengers E ticket in the pipeline. In WDW you have 5 E tickets currently under construction. Yet the overwhelming feedback is this is boring, nothing is happening.

It’s because people are crazy... they expect huge announcements at every D23... but it always fluctuates. Some years have more, some just elaborate on known projects. This year was a mix of both I thought.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Did you find you need the MaxPass?
Even if it’s not crowded I wouldn’t go without it...until they make the price egregious.
I mean they only announced two E-tickets for DLR this calendar year (Tokyo and Florida went 12 years without ones).

But yes the funding faucet is closed. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Good day for DL I suppose...but wdw is in need of so much more. The dusters just aren’t able to take themselves out of this moment long enough to look to the future to see it.

We vacation in the present...our love of Disney should compel us to look beyond and Ask for more.

BrianLo

Good day for DL I suppose...but wdw is in need of so much more. The dusters just aren’t able to take themselves out of this moment long enough to look to the future to see it.

We vacation in the present...our love of Disney should compel us to look beyond and Ask for more.

You are posting in the Disneyland subforum.

Not to belay the points about WDW, but some people don't realize that depending on how they navigate the forms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom