D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

Captain Neo

Our friends at Inside the Magic got a sneak peak at the Imagineering pavillion and have photos of all the secret projects heading our way:

Pandora: http://www./2013/08/avatar-land-det...ora-to-prepare-walt-disney-world-attractions/

Orange Harvest: Speculation BEYOND Imagination: http://www./2013/08/star-wars-attra...13-d23-expo-imagineers-hint-at-whats-to-come/

In case anyone can't figure out what Orange Harvest is just Wiki Blue Harvest

Lmao at the crate that says "Contents already spoiled" is that a jab @WDW1974 ?

Black Pearl

The "handle with care and skill" box leads me to wonder if they will have some sort of "Buzz Lightyear" or "MIB" type blaster component to one of the attractions.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Thank you.
Not sure what it all means - if anything.
Perhaps some rumours will finally be confirmed this weekend. Or, put to rest. Or, neither of the above.
I am so confused.

Captain Neo

Thank you.
Not sure what it all means - if anything.
Perhaps some rumours will finally be confirmed this weekend. Or, put to rest. Or, neither of the above.
I am so confused.

Well the "Orange Harvest" boxes are hinting that Star Wars is coming to Orange County home of Disneyland (...and Disney World!) and the Desk full of Pandora stuff is obviously a teaser for Avatar Land. The imagineers are actually talking "in character" as if they just got back from exploring the planet.

There is also an AA showroom that has the Hatbox Ghost in it which seems to suggest the Haunted Mansion will be getting an update/new scene soon!

TP2000

Don't forget gang, there is a second D23 Expo being held in October in Tokyo, Japan. It will be held at Tokyo Disneyland's convention facilities and Bob Iger and Tom Staggs are scheduled to deliver keynote addresses on Parks & Resorts business; exactly the type of keynote address that is missing from the D23 Expo that starts today in Anaheim.

There could be major theme park attraction news offered at the next D23 Expo in Tokyo on October 12th to 14th, 2013.

Captain Neo

Don't forget gang, there is a second D23 Expo being held in October in Tokyo, Japan. It will be held at Tokyo Disneyland's convention facilities and Bob Iger and Tom Staggs are scheduled to deliver keynote addresses on Parks & Resorts business; exactly the type of keynote address that is missing from the D23 Expo that starts today in Anaheim.

There could be major theme park attraction news offered at the next D23 Expo in Tokyo on October 12th to 14th, 2013.

Yea new attractions...for TOKYO!

TP2000

To be fair these rather obvious hints have more substance to them than the whole lotta nothing that was announced at the 2011 Expo.

Hmm. That's a really good point, HMF. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I may or may not go to D23 Expo this weekend; in years past I just drive over to Anaheim and buy a ticket at the box office day-of and stay for a few hours. I'll have to see what the reviews of the WDI Pavilion and the rest of the exhibit showfloor are like tomorrow. But I think we've seen all the "leaks" we're going to see for 2013 from the sneak preview night on Thursday.

Californian Elitist

Hmm. That's a really good point, HMF. I hadn't thought of it that way.

I may or may not go to D23 Expo this weekend; in years past I just drive over to Anaheim and buy a ticket at the box office day-of and stay for a few hours. I'll have to see what the reviews of the WDI Pavilion and the rest of the exhibit showfloor are like tomorrow. But I think we've seen all the "leaks" we're going to see for 2013 from the sneak preview night on Thursday.

I was contemplating going or not going, too, TP. I decided not to. It'll be the first Expo I'll miss. The first one was great but the last one was a letdown. Maybe I'll decide to attend the next one after this one. If you do go, be safe and watch out for crowds!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom