D23 Expo Theme Park News and Announcements

GLaDOS

If only things were like the old days at WDI (or current days at Universal). Start building without officially saying anything, then make an announcement about it a year or so before opening, and then open it. The unnecessary drama around upcoming WDW projects is not the way to do things in my opinion.

Ignoring the "Disney doesn't build anything" angle, I think the fans do it to themselves just as much. I mean, WDI showed nothing last night and people are drooling all over the place. There were a few boxes with writing on it and a few props from Avatar and in some places you would have thought they announced they were dumping 3 billion dollars into every park in WDW.

Why rush anything when you can excite the base with a few cheap props?

twebber55

Ignoring the "Disney doesn't build anything" angle, I think the fans do it to themselves just as much. I mean, WDI showed nothing last night and people are drooling all over the place. There were a few boxes with writing on it and a few props from Avatar and in some places you would have thought they announced they were dumping 3 billion dollars into every park in WDW.

haha exactly..disney plays the propaganda game well and these folks this weekend will eat it up

prfctlyximprct

Exactly. I saw someone post a picture on twitter of an Avatar backpack with the caption "mind blown". Seriously?!?!?!?!?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Exactly. I saw someone post a picture on twitter of an Avatar backpack with the caption "mind blown". Seriously?!?!?!?!?

I think as far as Avatar goes, people were just excited to hear or see anything. It has been 2 years of hearing and seeing nothing about the project. The move of the lion king was a start but disney fans always want the full scoop!

Goofnut1980

What did we all do before forums or twitter... We just relaxed and enjoyed the parks and were amazed when we saw something new and exciting. just sayin!

Sometimes the complaining gets old. Just enjoy Disney Parks for what they are and not what you "want" them to be. I am not saying we can't dream and wish for new things, but when you aren't writing the check you can't really criticize can you?

Reade's Dad

A Micechat blogger at the preview just tweeted this from the Imagineering pavilion. Hatty's back, tell your friends

tumblr_mr8uxtApZn1surweuo1_1280.jpg

PhotoDave219

FUN FACT: Did you know that the Anaheim Resort District is the only town in America that has a Morton's and a Ruth's Chris within a block of each other? It's true! Steak lovers are thrilled, while cows are sad.

On Sand Lake Rd, they're within a 1/2 mile of each other.

PhotoDave219

If only things were like the old days at WDI (or current days at Universal). Start building without officially saying anything, then make an announcement about it a year or so before opening, and then open it. The unnecessary drama around upcoming WDW projects is not the way to do things in my opinion.

But they have to build hype and interest using hundreds of mommy bloggers holding up iPads!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Went to get in and there were multiple extremely long lines for members and non- members trying to get in. At 9:30 none seemed to be moving at all. We left to go grab breakfast and relax, will try again later.

I am starting to question why I came...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom