News D23 Expo 2022

Gringrinngghost

Walt Disney World D23 Parks Panel Announcements and Discussions as fast as possible.
0:00 - Intro
0:10 - Happily Ever After Returnsin 2023
0:16 - Tiana's Bayou Adventure (DisneylandWalt Disney World)
1:03 - Walt Disney World Start/HarmonioUS retired.
1:34 - Epcot Center and Journey of Water Opens Late 2023
1:44 - Figment Meet and Greet Returns
1:57 - Magic Kingdom/Hatbox Ghost Comes to the Haunted Mansion
2:12 - Tron Lightcycle / Run Opens Spring 2023
2:19 - Blue Sky Concepts
2:45 - Animal Kingdom Blue Sky ZooTopia
3:32 - Animal Kingdom Blue Sky Moana
4:34 - Beyond Frontierland Concept - Coco
5:18 - Beyond Frontierland Concept - Encanto
5:42 - Beyond Frontierland Concept - Villians
6:52 - Year Recap/Closing

CaptinEO

I agree. It was done in a very confusing way. Also I see the usual suspects for clickbait Disney news sites posting articles like "Dinoland is being replaced with Zootopia and Moana!" and "Coco, Encanto and Villain lands coming to MK" as if it's a fact and not a blue sky concept.
LOL that's so annoying, the same thing happened with "Disneyland Forward". "Disney confirms new themepark!"

UNCgolf

Having seem it in person.. it's not great. The "look" of him is definitely not cohesive with the ghosts in the rest of the attraction and the effect is so very limited. We rode the disneylands HM like4-5 times and say the effect once. It's absolutely over hyped.

That's what struck me -- he actually looks out of place compared to the rest of the ride.

CaptinEO

I couldn’t tell. I was driving and wasn’t sure if it was just an awkward pause/delivery by Fiege, or if the crowd didn’t react or didn’t know how to react. It sounded like a cool idea
Feige was absolutely making the crowd silent, he killed all the energy.

Brer Panther

I'm gonna be blunt here - we are doomed. With Chapek in charge, Disney World is not safe. Now they're apparently considering shoehorning Moana into Animal Kingdom (you've already started building something Moana-themed in EPCOT, for crying out loud!) and Encanto and Coco behind Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Dinosaur is going to be bulldozed so they can shove Zootopia into Animal Kingdom. What, did Disney somehow become convinced that people don't like dinosaurs anymore?

The tail is wagging the dog. I am legitimately scared for the resort and what Chapek might do to it. What's next, are they going to turn Test Track into a Tangled ride?
I love both Splash and PATF but why on earth are Disney so proud of this update and don’t shut up about it? It’s just a cheap reskin
The whole reason this retheme was greenlit was for good publicity. They're making a huge deal about it because they want people to gush over them and how woke they are.
I'll be honest, when I saw this concept art, I immediately thought that they were actually going to do a live production of "Put That Thing Back Where It Came From Or So Help Me".
We all know Louis, right??
Yeah, I know Louis. And I know that he and his movie deserve better than a cheap, clumsy retheme of a beloved theme park attraction only greenlit because Disney wants to look good.
“Latest cutting edge technology” = lightbulbs
So we finally have confirmation that the Laughin' Place will be stripped of animatronics and just have a bunch of lightbulbs scattered around to represent fireflies?
Pretty sure they believe the Studios problem has been fixed for the next 15 or so years.
Yeah. In actuality, that park is in even WORSE shape now than it was in 2013.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
In Josh's announcement he said specifically that it was a New Nighttime Spectacular using the old song. If it was just an updated HEA they would have said that.
Yes he did.

He misspoke. He was fumbling for words quite a lot compared to previous presentations he gave.

You've seen what the Disney Parks Twitter said:

1662937843849.png

"An updated nighttime spectacular"

From the Disney Parks Blog:

1662937924304.png

Again: "updated."

Now, compare that to what the DPB says about the EPCOT show:

1662938022420.png

Notice how it says "all-new nighttime spectacular" and "this new show" and not "updated."

They're using their language very carefully.

And we've posited why WDW doesn't want to embarrass itself by simply saying the old show is coming back without plussing it in some way.

dothebrdwalk

Yes he did.

He misspoke. He was fumbling for words quite a lot compared to previous presentations he gave.

You've seen what the Disney Parks Twitter said:

View attachment 666132

"An updated nighttime spectacular"

From the Disney Parks Blog:

View attachment 666133

Again: "updated."

Now, compare that to what the DPB says about the EPCOT show:

View attachment 666134

Notice how it says "all-new nighttime spectacular" and "this new show" and not "updated."

They're using their language very carefully.

And we've posited why WDW doesn't want to embarrass itself by simply saying the old show is coming back without plussing it in some way.
Updated probably just means they add a "We Don't Talk About Bruno" segment. I think everyone is overthinking this one.

ToTBellHop

Updated probably just means they add a "We Don't Talk About Bruno" segment. I think everyone is overthinking this one.
I think so, too. When it was told to me many weeks back, it was described as HEA with some updates. What I can’t determine is: will this updated show be our permanent show? I imagine it will be. DE was supposed to be but was too terrible.

scottb411

I've seen Epic Universe mentioned a few times. Just to put it out there from what we know is coming to Universal over the next three years for attractions:

1. New Minions Attraction (Villian Conference Possibly) - Universal Studios
2. Super Mario Kart - Augmented Reality dark ride
3. Donkey Kong Country Coaster
4. Yoshi Ride
5. Harry Potter Ministry of Magic
6. How to Train Your Dragon
7. Classic Monsters Dark Ride
8 Ultimate Dueling Coaster Attraction
9. Additional Dreamworks Attraction(s)

Possible Attractions:

1. Lord of the Rings
2. More Harry Potter expansion - at existing parks
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Pokemon
5. Fireworks Show at Epic Universe

MadderAdder

I've seen Epic Universe mentioned a few times. Just to put it out there from what we know is coming to Universal over the next three years for attractions:

1. New Minions Attraction (Villian Conference Possibly) - Universal Studios
2. Super Mario Kart - Augmented Reality dark ride
3. Donkey Kong Country Coaster
4. Yoshi Ride
5. Harry Potter Ministry of Magic
6. How to Train Your Dragon
7. Classic Monsters Dark Ride
8 Ultimate Dueling Coaster Attraction
9. Additional Dreamworks Attraction(s)

Possible Attractions:

1. Lord of the Rings
2. More Harry Potter expansion - at existing parks
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Pokemon
5. Fireworks Show at Epic Universe
Really quite impressive. I’m sick of Disney’s six years for a coaster that’s already been made before nonsense.

Sundown

I'm all for creativity, but I can't be the only person who is kinda tired of the "immersive lands" approach to attractions? Sure, it is great when you have a iconic environments like Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Avatar. In those cases the environments are appealing to potential visitors, and add are a main reason to visit a park (besides the actual rides within the lands).

But not environments/worlds for (insert-latest-female/male lead animated movie). These are all better left for stand-alone rides, in my opinion.

ToTBellHop

I'm all for creativity, but I can't be the only person who is kinda tired of the "immersive lands" approach to attractions? Sure, it is great when you have a iconic environments like Harry Potter, Star Wars, and Avatar. In those cases the environments are appealing to potential visitors, and add are a main reason to visit a park (besides the actual rides within the lands).

But not environments/worlds for (insert-latest-female/male lead animated movie). These are all better left for stand-alone rides, in my opinion.
That’s why the concept that excites me most is the (very blue sky) villain land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom