News D23 Expo 2022

Figments Friend

Magic Kingdom will be home to current attractions getting upgrades. I think these are going to be well received.
Think Disneyland attraction updates for the Magic Kingdom.
Yep.
This was slated to happen in preperation for WDW's 50th, but was then cut when the Covid Apocolypse hit.

-

Figments Friend

Oh, are we still getting them? I thought COVID pushed them off the table entirely.

Let's wait n' see what the Company feels like announcing at the upcoming Expo.
Not seeing it as a priority for them at this stage.

The time to announce it was back during the hype buildup to the 50th, and we all now know how that ended up.

I personally would like to see this happen eventually, as it is LONG overdue ( looking at you, PPF's ride scene interiors )

-

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know there's this running theory that the award recipients are on the decline, but was anyone seriously egregious in 2019? It skews recognizable talent heavy, but most of these people seem appropriate picks to me.

I see 3 people worthy of Disney Legend status in that group - Hans Zimmer, Barnette Ricci, and Wing T. Chao. Maybe RDJ and James Earl Jones if I'm being generous. The rest are pure fluff. ABC TV people and the others just don't cut it in my book, there's nothing groundbreaking or important that they did to deserve "Legend" status. But admittedly my bar is typically much higher than Disney's has been for the last 2 decades.

RSoxNo1

I see 3 people worthy of Disney Legend status in that group - Hans Zimmer, Barnette Ricci, and Wing T. Chao. Maybe RDJ and James Earl Jones if I'm being generous. The rest are pure fluff. ABC TV people and the others just don't cut it in my book, there's nothing groundbreaking or important that they did to deserve "Legend" status. But admittedly my bar is typically much higher than Disney's has been for the last 2 decades.
How is Wing Chao not a legend already?

Basil of Baker Street

Is Ratzenberger a Disney Legend?

Pretty good Disney film career

source: https://disney.fandom.com/wiki/John_Ratzenberger

Basil of Baker Street

No one said she should be a Disney Legend, I didn’t either. I highly doubt she will be

Though it was tongue in cheek. This is what I was responding to.
Disney Legend rumors:

Olivia Rodrigo
Julianne Hough
The Jonas Brothers
Pedro Pascal
Iman Vellani

All worthy for their immense and numerous contributions to the Disney brand over the past year.

They killed what “Disney Legend” means years ago. At this point, it’s meaningless.

Lilofan

Disney Legend rumors:

Olivia Rodrigo
Julianne Hough
The Jonas Brothers
Pedro Pascal
Iman Vellani

All worthy for their immense and numerous contributions to the Disney brand over the past year.

They killed what “Disney Legend” means years ago. At this point, it’s meaningless.
Wow, there was a thread about Olivia Rodrigo with members mocking her success. Good for her if she becomes a Disney Legend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom