News D23 Expo 2019

pdude81

Epcot entrance hotel is dead. Thankfully.

I'm curious about your opinion here. Are you glad it's dead because you think it was a poor design, ruining sightlines, or just the logistics of trying to do something like that in the front of an active theme park? This assumes you meant the idea of something in the middle and not out towards the bus lots.

prberk

So yeah.....
How about that D23 Expo...?

Here are a few quick drawings I did that sum up the Expo experience....from a certain point of view.
I drew these a couple of weeks before attending my first ( and only ) Expo in 2015.

Turned out, these were quite spot on.

The 'Fantasy' and 'Reality' of attendee expectations.

View attachment 399493

View attachment 399496
Your drawings left out the glaring sun and 100-degree temperature outside for the 2½-hour line to get in for opening day.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm curious about your opinion here. Are you glad it's dead because you think it was a poor design, ruining sightlines, or just the logistics of trying to do something like that in the front of an active theme park? This assumes you meant the idea of something in the middle and not out towards the bus lots.
Poor design, location, ruining sightlines. Paris proved its logistically possible but this isn’t Paris.

The original reveal and entrance of the park was a masterpiece of design.

PizzaPlanet

boat stuff
I was hoping this might be hinting at a new boat ride in World Showcase or something, but it's almost definitely related to the cruise ships.
And the thirds of Futureworld.
My guess here is that they are done with the current naming of Future World. I bet the thirds are what we currently know as Future World East, West, and the Innoventions area in the center. One or more of the newly titled areas may have world in the name.

Stripes

If anyone still believes anything they read online, expect this presentation to be Epcot heavy. There should be something for Shanghai and something for Hong Kong, a few Marvel things for DCA (but don’t call it Marvel) including something I don’t think is “out”’yet - well not in the US (and it’s not Slingshot), boat stuff as well but plenty about Epcot. New CV film details. The UK project everyone’s waiting for. SSE. And the thirds of Futureworld.

Plus a few other WDW items outside of the berms. One of them just outside.
So nothing for DHS or DAK? That sucks.

sedati

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Poor design, location, ruining sightlines. Paris proved its logistically possible but this isn’t Paris.

The original reveal and entrance of the park was a masterpiece of design.
While I know it won't touch the original revel of the park, will the improvements being made to the entrance at least be a step towards a better reveal?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While I know it won't touch the original revel of the park, will the improvements being made to the entrance at least be a step towards a better reveal?
I don’t think the changes will alter the reveal. My biggest disappointment is the moving of the tram station away from the multi modal interchange it strived to be. But that’s the world we live in now and I’m surprised it took so long.

Surferboy567

Not that I’m aware of which of course isn’t everything

So if nothing for animal kingdom, or Hollywood studios is getting announced, how are they supposed to be fill a panel that’s supposed to be mostly world reveals? Does new-cot really have that much of a presence (I’m fine with this just generally curious) escipally with all the zootopia talk at animal kingdom.

If I’m keeping track in terms of new-cot we have:

1.) Entrance/ Spine
2.) Pavilon Logos and other general stuff
3.) Details on Guardians
4.) New country
5.) Details on play pavilion
6.) New name for future?
7.) Details on Project Kappa
8.) Poppins in UK
9.) Imagination?

I think I may have answered my own question...but still nothing for the studios or animal rock n roll retheme?

Cmdr_Crimson

Anyone know, has it sold out many times fully? I always thought there were day of tickets available.
When I went in 2011 it was sold out for the first 2 days being that the bigger panels (movies, parks and legends awards) were on Fri & Sat..Sunday was a just little things not ones really thought were important..I do like it that they spread it out to make it worth going all days rather than cramming it on the start of the expo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom