News D23 Expo 2019

Kman101

Especially being on the edge of a possible recession...

My thoughts exactly. I said it yesterday, actually "of course we're probably going into a recession" ... watch so many things get budget cut. I mean, there's not much entertainment in the parks left to cut at this point :joyfull:

Kman101

So the new fireworks show includes the word Harmony.

One of the things outside the berm is surely the Star Wars resort. But the others? Another Seven Seas Lagoon Resort, maybe near the path from GF. Or a new DVC wing of GFV.

Parks wise, given that he said not much for DHS, that leaves MK maybe. Adventureland expansion beyond the railway tracks or Frontierland? Those would literally be “just outside” the berm.

And Future World has three areas, one or more of which including the name world? There’s the new play area, so work, rest and play? Probably IP names though. ☹

I always figured we'd probably get a tower or something where they are finally finishing the walking path to GF. They aren't just doing it out of the goodness of their hearts for guests who want to walk.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I attended the Parks Panel at the 2015 Expo, and did standby.
Got in line about an hour or 40 minutes before they were scheduled to open the doors to the hall.
They had us gathered in a waiting area downstairs from the main Expo show floor, and I sat most of the time on the floor with other fans during the wait which seemed to go by quickly.

I didn't expect to be able to get in, as this was the year some much anticipated projects were rumored to be announced, the biggest for most being 'Galaxy's Edge'.
People had started lining up at 11am to be able to get in, but I had no problem getting a decent seat by showing up within an hour of the starting time for the presentation.

-

I'm curious, Disney advertises that queuing overnight is a thing at D23. With the reservation system at capacity this year for all the events. Especially P&R, do you believe 40 minutes prior to the start of the event will be enough this year? Honestly how early do these fans line up?!

CalebS

Is there usually a livestream of this we can watch?
There was no official live stream in 2017, and technically speaking no one is supposed to record it or stream it. That being said, last D23 I found someone live streaming it on periscope and watched it live on there. I’m sure there will be people live streaming even though they aren’t supposed to.

Last edited:

rkleinlein

Fingers crossed!

I know I am going a little against the grain here but I don't mind IP in Epcot if it's incorporated in an appropriate manner and helps to further convey the original message of the park.

For instance, the rumored Poppins addition to UK or the since abandoned Coco overlay in Mexico = Appropriate

Nemo in Living Seas = Appropriate placement but inappropriate execution, Remy may be the same way but it's higher quality and the fact that it's an addition may make up for it

Guardians of the Galaxy performing in World Showcase, Frozen in Norway, and Aladdin meeting in Morocco = Not appropriate

I'll withhold judgement on the Guardians coaster until I see the actual storyline it is given but I am not optimistic.
Why do you think Guardians, Frozen, and Aladdin are not appropriate but Mary Poppins, Coco, Nemo, and Ratatouille are appropriate? Care to elaborate? Just curious. Thanks.

britain

Of course, duh!

World Showcase becomes World of Harmony

So we got...

Epcot Center down the middle
World of Motion, World of Excitement, World of Fun (ugh) on the east
World of Discovery on the west
World of Harmony out back.

"The Fantastic Worlds of EPCOT" ;)

Last edited:

SteamboatJoe

Why do you think Guardians, Frozen, and Aladdin are not appropriate but Mary Poppins, Coco, Nemo, and Ratatouille are appropriate? Care to elaborate? Just curious. Thanks.

All 3 have little if any historical, cultural, or contextual relationship to their respective countries at all.

Guardians doesn't even take place on Earth.

Frozen was based on a Danish fairytale, not a Norwegian one. Arendell is a completely fictional place that just borrows from Norwegian culture.

Aladdin's story is of Middle Eastern origin. Agrabah, like Arendell, is completely fictional and not set in any specific country. Wiki actually claims it was supposed to be Baghdad but was changed in response to the 1991 Persian Gulf conflict.

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more of a SJW push to address the latter two.

Mary Poppins is about a British nanny vising London and was written by an Australian-English author.

Coco is about a Mexican child and features a holiday and mythology that are both very important in Mexican culture.

Remy is admittedly a stretch but it is set in Paris and celebrates French cuisine.

pdude81

Of course, duh!

World Showcase becomes World of Harmony

So we got...

Epcot Center down the middle
World of Motion, World of Excitement, World of Fun (ugh) on the east
World of Discovery on the west
World of Harmony out back.

"The Fantastic Worlds of EPCOT" ;)

Princess Leia

9E884D18-37F8-46B2-BE99-A2533C6B7F7B.jpeg

I got weirdly giddy when I saw this, thanks Steve @wdwmagic :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom