News D23 Expo 2019

Ismael Flores

Of every park (in the world) Epcot seems the one to lend itself best to the idea of an adjoining hotel.
Execution is another thing, but to me it makes sense. Wasn't it a huge component of Westcot, aka Epcot 2.0?

They really should dust off the old westcot plans. the integration of hotel and attractions was well done for that project. It would also help create some backdrops for some of the countries nicely and maybe help block some site line issues they created

Last edited:

Stripes

Windows of the World, seems to be too Microsofty. Since it will feature Disney music in different languages, then something like Harmonies of the World, or The World in Harmony would seem to do the trick.
When I heard the name, I immediately thought of the former Windows On The World Restaurant at the top of the North Tower of the World Trade Center. I didn’t think it was very appropriate.

solidyne

When I heard the name, I immediately thought of the former Windows On The World Restaurant at the top of the North Tower of the World Trade Center. I didn’t think it was very appropriate.
I always think of Bacharach and David, but that's just me... well, it is harmonious!

kevlightyear

I’m just a little disappointed that this year’s presentation seems to be a lot of new details, but rather lacking in announcements of new projects.

Of course, I’m excited to learn all the details, but I’m more excited when they announce new projects.
Maybe that's because last time they over-announced. There were too many projects announced at the last d23 that either never made it off the ground (Main Street Theater) or were so far out in time they've only just begun (Epcot spine makeover).

ObscurityPoint

Maybe that's because last time they over-announced. There were too many projects announced at the last d23 that either never made it off the ground (Main Street Theater) or were so far out in time they've only just begun (Epcot spine makeover).

With Galaxy’s Edge finally opened I’m excited to see what new additions we’ll finally get in the parks. I felt like GE has been the focal point of the past few D23s, so I hope that with it opened, it’ll free up some space for more park-related announcements

WDW Pro

I'm very excited about the changes and announcements for Epcot. Based on the people involved, the budget, etc, I'm convinced this will be extremely well-received. There's a different feel for this project than for SWGE, with several people having told me that there's a strong emphasis to get this right coming all the way from Iger down. While some people may disagree with some of the new names or having a Marvel-based ride in Epcot, the people doing this are passionate about EPCOT.

SteamboatJoe

I'm very excited about the changes and announcements for Epcot. Based on the people involved, the budget, etc, I'm convinced this will be extremely well-received. There's a different feel for this project than for SWGE, with several people having told me that there's a strong emphasis to get this right coming all the way from Iger down. While some people may disagree with some of the new names or having a Marvel-based ride in Epcot, the people doing this are passionate about EPCOT.
Fingers crossed!

I know I am going a little against the grain here but I don't mind IP in Epcot if it's incorporated in an appropriate manner and helps to further convey the original message of the park.

For instance, the rumored Poppins addition to UK or the since abandoned Coco overlay in Mexico = Appropriate

Nemo in Living Seas = Appropriate placement but inappropriate execution, Remy may be the same way but it's higher quality and the fact that it's an addition may make up for it

Guardians of the Galaxy performing in World Showcase, Frozen in Norway, and Aladdin meeting in Morocco = Not appropriate

I'll withhold judgement on the Guardians coaster until I see the actual storyline it is given but I am not optimistic.

Kman101

Nice to hear. But I'll believe it when I see it ;) They've let me down immensely. And I don't know that tearing down buildings just to rebuild them and put the same things in them is all that ideal or smart but I'm always willing to try and give them the benefit of the doubt. I did after 2015/2017 and they've continued to let me down with cut projects, etc.

Kman101

Is there usually a livestream of this we can watch?

Lots of vloggers and live streamers will magically be there this year (the new "must do" to have content apparently) so who knows? I don't know if it's officially streamed by Disney. I don't believe it ever was before. Lots of these sessions are no photos/video but we often see video from announcements so I have no idea what the rules actually are, lol.

Does anyone know? I feel like it's been different each and every D23. It seems silly not to livestream it but I guess it wouldn't "be fair" to those who paid and got tickets into these things? I don't know. lol. I'd love to know.

tissandtully

Nice to hear. But I'll believe it when I see it ;) They've let me down immensely. And I don't know that tearing down buildings just to rebuild them and put the same things in them is all that ideal or smart but I'm always willing to try and give them the benefit of the doubt. I did after 2015/2017 and they've continued to let me down with cut projects, etc.
Especially being on the edge of a possible recession...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom