News D23 Expo 2017

Leahcm

Hey all, quick question. This is my first year attending. I purchased my tickets last August. It just occurred to me that I haven't received my tickets in the mail. Does anyone know when they're supposed to be arriving or did mine get lost in the mail or something? I e-mailed customer service several days ago and haven't received a response. Thank you!

Next Big Thing

I'm going to be at D23 on the Saturday of the convention. For those that have been before, how far in advance do I need to get in line for the Parks & Resorts panel if I actually want to get in?

Exomonia

I'm going to be at D23 on the Saturday of the convention. For those that have been before, how far in advance do I need to get in line for the Parks & Resorts panel if I actually want to get in?
I second this! I am wanting to get to the live-action film panel (guessing 6:00am arrival?) and then leaving and heading straight back in to Parks panel... is this feasible? Or likely for the Parks queue to be full by the time we get out?

Burgower1994

I went to the last D23, and I would say probably get in line 2 hours before the presentation. At D23 2015 I went to the live action presentation and still made the theme park presentation.

RSoxNo1

The Live action panel will require people to be in line well before the Expo opens for the day. It's not unreasonable to say 6:00 AM for the Live Action movies panel is too late to get in the line. My plan for that one is to be in line by 6:00 am.

For the Parks and Resorts panel, I had no issues leaving the Live Action panel and getting right in line for Parks and Resorts. It's possible that Parks and Resorts does not fill up.

2009 - I assume it filled up.
2011 - It definitely filled up
2013 - No panel
2015 - I don't believe it filled up

michmousefan

The Live action panel will require people to be in line well before the Expo opens for the day. It's not unreasonable to say 6:00 AM for the Live Action movies panel is too late to get in the line. My plan for that one is to be in line by 6:00 am.

For the Parks and Resorts panel, I had no issues leaving the Live Action panel and getting right in line for Parks and Resorts. It's possible that Parks and Resorts does not fill up.

2009 - I assume it filled up.
2011 - It definitely filled up
2013 - No panel
2015 - I don't believe it filled up
I'll also endorse the 6:00 AM line-up for the live-action panel... that's probably when I'll get in line too. Heck, maybe that's a good time for a meet up. Got lots of time to talk about whatever... and design the new finale scene of IASW (complete with Spaceship Earth & other epcot icons) when it moves to Epcot :D

Do note that if you want to be really close for the live-action stuff... then I think you have to do the night before and tough it out. As I recall the 2015 live-action line opened the night before.... perhaps at 8 or 10pm.

TP2000

I will say that I've seen reports that the "Hall D23" size is 6800 seats this year. I believe it was 7500 in 2017.

Yes, in previous years they used the Anaheim Arena for the Parks presentation, which they renamed "D23 Arena" for the Expo. The Anaheim Arena seats a maximum of 10,000 people for NBA basketball, but for Parks presentations they reconfigured seating for 7,500 to 8,000.

This year, the Parks presentation is in Hall D23 on the other side of the convention center. It's a bit smaller with 6,500-ish seats. You probably don't want to wait too long before getting in line.

They are still using the bigger D23 Arena for some presentations. Interestingly, on Saturday they have scheduled a "To Be Announced!" something from 3:15 to 4:15 in the Arena, during the 3:00 to 4:30 Parks presentation in Hall D23. https://d23.com/d23-expo-2017-saturday-july-15/

Last edited:

TP2000

hey guys!

you know, this is my first post because I've been reading this forum for so so long.so first I wanna say thanks for the insight and opinions on stuff lol.

second, just wanted to ask for those of you attending d23, do you know if they are selling those posters (the epcot one, star tours) on line or just simply at the convention?

I would LOVE to have that epcot one but I am in florida and unable to travel :(

whats the scoop guys????!?!

Hmm... I don't know the specifics of the posters you are interested in, but I do know the generalities of how merchandise works at D23 Expo.

There are two main "stores" at the Expo. There's the Mickey's of Glendale store at the exit of the huge WDI Pavilion, which focuses on Parks and Imagineering merchandise that is usually only available at that store for the weekend of Expo only. No online sales available.
img_5858.jpg

Then there is the larger Dream Store merchandise location, a sprawling facility on the exhibit floor that has D23 Expo specific and limited edition merchandise, plus all the latest stuff you could find at a Disney Store. Some of this stuff is D23 Expo specific and not available online, and some of this stuff is more generic and is available online or will be available at your local Disney Store later in the year.
2013-07-16-dreamstore.jpeg

michmousefan

Hey all, quick question. This is my first year attending. I purchased my tickets last August. It just occurred to me that I haven't received my tickets in the mail. Does anyone know when they're supposed to be arriving or did mine get lost in the mail or something? I e-mailed customer service several days ago and haven't received a response. Thank you!
For the last two Expos, I think I've gotten my tickets about four weeks or so from the event... so they should arriving any day now if similar patterns hold up.

RSoxNo1

Yes, in previous years they used the Anaheim Arena for the Parks presentation, which they renamed "D23 Arena" for the Expo. The Anaheim Arena seats a maximum of 10,000 people for NBA basketball, but for Parks presentations they reconfigured seating for 7,500 to 8,000.

This year, the Parks presentation is in Hall D23 on the other side of the convention center. It's a bit smaller with 6,500-ish seats. You probably don't want to wait too long before getting in line.

They are still using the bigger D23 Arena for some presentations. Interestingly, on Saturday they have scheduled a "To Be Announced!" something from 3:15 to 4:15 in the Arena, during the 3:00 to 4:30 Parks presentation in Hall D23. https://d23.com/d23-expo-2017-saturday-july-15/
The used the Arena through 2013 and it was setup with 4000 seats. That year they also had a 2000 seat overflow area that could watch presentations on a monitor.

In 2015 they setup Hall D23 w/7500 seats. In 2017 they are setting up Hall D23 w/6800 seats and they're using the Arena with an unknown configuration of seats.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hopefully at least gondola and Epcot enhancements announcement
I think you'll be happy.

Though some Epcot projects will be kept quiet for now. Some, not all.

And a few people on these boards will be very quiet. As well as one in particular who's no longer a member and apparently posts his dislike about me and the truth on Twitter.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom