News D23 Expo 2017

Wishing Star

If this movie bombs, it's a theatrical release, no more DisneyToons.
yeah, Planes was a disappointment $$$ wise. Disney weren't happy with the Tinker Bell movies $$$ wise towards the end, cost more than they were making. And after Planes 2, a good chunk of the staff was let go. So if this "Space" movie under performs/flops, say goodbye to that Studio.

Chef Mickey

My problem with it is that we already have Space Mountain. There are so many great options for thrill rides that could be built in Tomorrowland. Why build another rollercoaster through lights in the dark? Why have Tomorrowland's second thrill ride be so similar to the first?

They did it right with Splash Mountain, which compliments Big Thunder Mountain Railroad well. Tron Lightcycle Power Run stomps on the older Space Mountain and adds little variety. In my opinion, of course.
You're definitely right about that, but they are thinking long term. Do I think Space Mountain will always be there in its current form? Now, I'm not so sure.

Castle Cake Apologist

Here is tomorrow's d23 presentation:

Detailed overview of Star Wars Land
Some talk about the success of shanghai
Hong Kong Disneyland news
Marvel land announcement
Mickey ride replacing Great Movie Ride
Tron (in conjunction with new Tron film announcement)

Your welcome

The Imagineering pavilion is literally dedicated to Star Wars this year. I doubt that they will spend a lot of time focusing on something that was already announced at the last D23.

Last edited:

Wishing Star

Marvel and SW in Wreck it Ralph 2...

"They actually go to a Disney website, OhMyDisney.com. It's filled with Disney characters, including Marvel and Star Wars

There's even a booth where users (shown as little blockheaded people) can transform into their favorite characters. We see a bunch of people become Marvel characters, including Stan Lee?

"So Tsum Tsums are little furry sausages with faces?" Vanellope asks at one point.

Every Disney princess ever walks back in a massive crowd!

Vanelleope wants to go mess with the Princesses, but they've entered a door guarded by (actual Star Wars) Stormtroopers"

The DIS‏ @TheDIS now1 minute ago
http://OhMyDisney.com will he featured in Wreck-It Ralph 2 along with Stinkersmells, Stan Lee and Buzz Lightyear

Nick Kazden @ D23‏ @ricknazden now21 seconds ago
More
Violent Disney Princess in Wreck it Ralph 2 clip are amazing.

Inside the Magic‏ @InsideTheMagic now3 seconds ago
All the famous Disney princesses have speaking roles in this sequence of

Ryan H. Serowinski

"They actually go to a Disney website, OhMyDisney.com. It's filled with Disney characters, including Marvel and Star Wars

There's even a booth where users (shown as little blockheaded people) can transform into their favorite characters. We see a bunch of people become Marvel characters, including Stan Lee?

"So Tsum Tsums are little furry sausages with faces?" Vanellope asks at one point.

Vanelleope wants to go mess with the Princesses, but they've entered a door guarded by (actual Star Wars) Stormtroopers"
Wreck It Ralph 2! Can't wait, HYPE TRAIN! WHY CAN'T NOVEMBER 2018 COME FASTER? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

brb1006

hmmm, is Bob Iger teasing more Oswald?
at the Legends panel or some other panel, Iger said this and showed these images.

Seth Kelley‏Verified account @SethMKelley 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @SethMKelley
"Frankly, we haven't done enough with Oswald" #D23Expo
DEuCLqpXUAAUBIX.jpg

DEuCMfTXkAER-1q.jpg

DEuCMfjXoAETyLu.jpg

no kidding you got the right back like 12 years ago and haven't done much with him since. I hope he'll appear at the Great Mickey Ride!!!
Well he did make a recent cameo in the new Mickey Mouse short and briefly in Get A Horse. And why isn't he meetable at WDW after all this time?

brb1006

More Oswald makes me happy. I love the character so seeing him around more is a definite plus. Personally I think that Disney missed the mark by not making him the mascot of California Adventure. He is barely around even in meet and greets there any more but they still have Oswald's Gas Station.
They even gave him his own cavalcade.

Wishing Star

crazy stuff, LOL.
"Vanellope enters with her glitch powers. While the footage has been very rough, this is fully rendered! We see 3D animation versions all the Disney princesses

Vanellope tries to convince them that she's also a princess, but they don't believe her at first.

"Were you imprisoned in a castle?" "Where you poisoned?" "Did a sea witch take your voice?"

Merida's accent is so strong no one can understand her.

"She's from the other studio," says one of the Princesses

C-3PO enters and tells them Princesses they are needed

"We'll be right there, R2!" says Ariel.

"You know he hates being called that," says Cinderella. "We'll be right there, BB-8""

The jokes in the Princess scene are so dense, I didn't even catch them all. It's fantastic. Lassetter says that the Princesses are their original voices, including Jodi Benson as Ariel, Wing Na Wen as Mulan and Idina Menzel as Elsa!"

Nick Kazden @ D23‏ @ricknazden 19s20 seconds ago
Now I just want a movie about all the Disney princesses hanging out after this Wreck it Ralph clip. Synergy on point.

Disneyhead'71

The Imagineering pavilion is literally dedicated solely to Star Wars. I doubt that they will spend a lot of time focusing on something that was announced at the last D23.
Or on stuff for WDW's 50th anniversary world wide celebration as that stuff will be announced at D23 2019. Or the major Epcot redo for Epcot's 40th in 2022 since that will be announced at D23 2021.

So.....GONDOLAS!!!!

Castle Cake Apologist

Or on stuff for WDW's 50th anniversary world wide celebration as that stuff will be announced at D23 2019. Or the major Epcot redo for Epcot's 40th in 2022 since that will be announced at D23 2021.

So.....GONDOLAS!!!!

What exactly do you think your point is here? My point was that they have literally dedicated an entire portion of THE SAME EXPO to the Star Wars stuff, plus Star Wars was already announced at a previous D23, so it seems unlikely that they will announce it again. But, okay. Carry on with whatever you thought you were saying there.

brb1006

The DIS‏ @TheDIS now1 minute ago
http://OhMyDisney.com will he featured in Wreck-It Ralph 2 along with Stinkersmells, Stan Lee and Buzz Lightyear

Nick Kazden @ D23‏ @ricknazden now21 seconds ago
More
Violent Disney Princess in Wreck it Ralph 2 clip are amazing.

Inside the Magic‏ @InsideTheMagic now3 seconds ago
All the famous Disney princesses have speaking roles in this sequence of
But the real question is "Will Mario finally appear in Wreck It Ralph"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom