News D23 Expo 2017

Wishing Star

The number of dining and extra special experiences will blow you away :)
in the immortal words of Cary Grant.;)
giphy.gif

EricsBiscuit

Some pics I took from the parks exhibit. Overall, the models were amazing but I wish there was more than SW showcased. Also I threw in a pick of Bob Gurr (he was across from the line for the Legends entrance).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.2 KB · Views: 185
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.7 KB · Views: 181

No Name

Just because its a thing doesn't mean it has to be revealed here. You'll also find my post saying dca is the big uncertainty in my speculation

Okay. You are free to believe that it won't be announced at D23, I just think that all evidence suggests otherwise.

This is a convention taking place near the Disneyland Resort. The majority of attendees care about one thing mostly... the Disneyland Resort. Therefore, many people would be disappointed if Disney announced new rides for WDW and parks abroad, but not a single one for DLR.

No, it's the Toy Story land coaster, I think he's referring to.

Yeah, that's a launch coaster alright.

I agree it's kind of lame and cheap, but quite honestly I think the Tron coaster is a bad idea for our TL, and I'm not a fan of a thematically terrible GotG coaster going in Future World. Sooo... Slinky Dig Dash counts no less for me.

Wishing Star

hmmm, is Bob Iger teasing more Oswald?
at the Legends panel or some other panel, Iger said this and showed these images.

Seth Kelley‏Verified account @SethMKelley 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @SethMKelley
"Frankly, we haven't done enough with Oswald" #D23Expo
DEuCLqpXUAAUBIX.jpg

DEuCMfTXkAER-1q.jpg

DEuCMfjXoAETyLu.jpg

no kidding you got the right back like 12 years ago and haven't done much with him since. I hope he'll appear at the Great Mickey Ride!!!

Chef Mickey

Okay. You are free to believe that it won't be announced at D23, I just think that all evidence suggests otherwise.

This is a convention taking place near the Disneyland Resort. The majority of attendees care about one thing mostly... the Disneyland Resort. Therefore, many people would be disappointed if Disney announced new rides for WDW and parks abroad, but not a single one for DLR.

Yeah, that's a launch coaster alright.

I agree it's kind of lame and cheap, but quite honestly I think the Tron coaster is a bad idea for our TL, and I'm not a fan of a thematically terrible GotG coaster going in Future World. Sooo... Slinky Dig Dash counts no less for me.
Not in disagreement on GotG and Slinky, but I think Tron is a welcome addition to "futurize" Tomorrowland. Yes, I'd rather see an original idea or something less, "Here's a themed movie ride" but it IS going to be brand new, so I welcome it. I think Tron could look very cool in Tomorrowland. God knows we need something brand NEW...not just replacements and closures.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Some pics I took from the parks exhibit. Overall, the models were amazing but I wish there was more than SW showcased. Also I threw in a pick of Bob Gurr (he was across from the line for the Legends entrance).
You can never go wrong with Bob Gurr!
no kidding you got the right back like 12 years ago and haven't done much with him since. I hope he'll appear at the Great Mickey Ride!!!
Not much since Epic Mickey

PorterRedkey

Hey everybody!

I started a thread called 2017 D23 videos. I thought we could post all the videos over there while keeping most of the discussion in this forum.THat way all the videos are easy to find instead of being posted sporadically in this forum.

I posted a video of Scott Trowbridge talking about SWL and the model to get it started.

Figments Friend

I'm in line for the model and someone told me that even if you wait in line early for the panels there's a lottery that decides if you actually get in. Please someone say this isn't true.

The 'lottery' is the whim of chance you play by just standing in line.
Even if you are standing there for hours to get into one of the panels, there are NO guarantees that you will actually get in.
I've heard many people tell the tale of the how they waited for hours in line and then within moments of being able to enter the hall the room had reached capacity.
Everyone else was turned away regardless of how long they had been standing there.
All that time wasted..for nothing.
It is a chance you take...thus why many prefer on showing up early to try to tip the scales of chance in their favor.

If you really want to be at a particular panel, and it's one of the more popular ones, get in line EARLY ( as in early morning ) or for the smaller panels get in line early for a StagePass.
That's one of the nice things about StagePass - if you can get one, you are guaranteed a seat at your chosen, smaller panel.
You just have to wait in a really long line to get one, that's all, and even then it's a 'lottery' - by the time you reach the front of the line, StagePasses may be gone for the panel you wanted.
Always have a second choice!

Since this years Parks panel is going to be attracting a lot more bodies then usual due to the 'Fantasmic!' FPs being handed out and the general buzz regarding current projects in the works, I'd also get in line early if you want in.

Good luck.
:)

-

Last edited:

Bacon

hmmm, is Bob Iger teasing more Oswald?
at the Legends panel or some other panel, Iger said this and showed these images.

Seth Kelley‏Verified account @SethMKelley 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @SethMKelley
"Frankly, we haven't done enough with Oswald" #D23Expo
DEuCLqpXUAAUBIX.jpg

DEuCMfTXkAER-1q.jpg

DEuCMfjXoAETyLu.jpg

I swear to god if he's in haunted mansion (and not as a cameo) I'll be upset

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom