News D23 Expo 2017

Rodan75

yeah, Planes was a disappointment $$$ wise. Disney weren't happy with the Tinker Bell movies $$$ wise towards the end, cost more than they were making. And after Planes 2, a good chunk of the staff was let go. So if this "Space" movie under performs/flops, say goodbye to that Studio.

Haven't they primarily transformed into a contract studio...producing lower cost animation by not having any actual animators employed? Cars/Planes and Fairies seem perfect for the studio in that structure.

Disneyhead'71

So you're giving an example of them announcing something extra and unplanned to support your argument that they won't announce very much? I honestly can't remember either way. I think it was meant to be announced, but they had changed their minds, but then decided to announce it very last minute.

Look, we can go back and forth all you want, but it seems pointless. We'll see what happens tomorrow at 3pm.

For what it's worth, there is quite a bit more planned for the 50th than just the couple attractions that we've been discussing here, so there would still be plenty to announce at future Expos. Not to mention, again, that the WDI pavilion this year is dedicated to SWL. We may get a couple details on the actual rides, but I don't think much of the presentation will be dedicated to that.
I think there will be a lot announced. The DisCo. has 6 resorts worldwide and the cruise line. I just don't believe everything we know about coming to WDW will be announced tomorrow.

Brian Swan

my dislike of the current Disney Toon Studios is that they aren't making Disneyesque movies anymore. It's all Pixar related movies. And they seem more intent on making Lasseter's pet projects these days.

I will dread the day,if Planes makes it to any park.:banghead:
At one time I remember a rumor that the whole of Condor Flats in DCA was going to be re-themed to a "Planesland" (the reason the "crashed" plane was removed from Taste Pilots). I even saw a possible patent for a new ride system for a "Planes" ride. Glad that didn't happen - the re-theming that is; the ride system looked kind of cool...

Brian Swan

You're definitely right about that, but they are thinking long term. Do I think Space Mountain will always be there in its current form? Now, I'm not so sure.
Sadly, Space Mountain, in it's current form, is like a t-rex gasping for air while sinking in the La Brea tar pits. I rode it in '75, and it's a sad vestige of what it once was. Still a cool concept, but it needs to be gutted and rebuilt from the ground up. Maybe a VR coaster along the lines of what some other parks are doing...

Captain Neo

1481ja.jpg

1481ja.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Has anyone else heard that Disney will announce their Uber-like ride service? The rumored name is Minnie Vans. So you can see why I don't believe this. Rumor price is a flat fee for any destination. The fee is said to be $15-$20 a ride. IIt sounds like this service is 3x more expensive than Uber unless you have a big family,

See this post and the discussion moving forward. AFAIK, nothing has been said about the service at D23 yet.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...e-like-uber-at-wdw.916944/page-7#post-7797211

Wishing Star

wooh, even more crossover characters...

"Overhead, Iron Man blasts through the sky, Dumbo flutters into view, and an X-wing fighter darts after a TIE Fighter. Tinker Bell tickles Ralph’s nose until he insults her by calling her “Stinker Smell.”

also more bits on the agressive princesses.
"Vanellope watches the court of princesses disappear behind a stage door into their dressing room and decides to follow after for a little fangirling. She’s never seen a group of women looking so glamorous.

When Vanellope turns up in their dressing room, the princesses react to the little glitch’s presence by leaping into attack mode: Merida draws her bow, Mulan points a sword, and Cinderalla smashes a glass slipper and holds it out like a broken bottle.

Vanellope disarms them by explaining that she’s a princess, too, from the video game Sugar Rush. The women ask her a series of princess test questions to determine her bona fides. One of them is: “Do people assume all of your problems got solved because a big, strong man showed up?”

While Vanellope lavishes praise on their gowns, the princesses admire her casual street-wear. “I’ll get my mice on that!” Cinderella declares.

Soon, all the princesses are lounging together in shorts, sweats, tank tops, and, as Ariel says, “What’s this called again…? Oh yeah, shirt.”

Before long, a stage manager enters to give them the 5-minute warning for the next performance. It’s C-3PO — everybody’s favorite golden fussbudget.Cinderella, obviously irked, turns on him icily: “Why, thank you R2-D2.”

Cinderella, obviously irked, turns on him icily: “Why, thank you R2-D2.”

Sleeping Beauty shakes her head. “Stop … you know he hates to be called that,” she says, before calling out cheerfully: “We’ll be right there, BB-8!”

C-3PO shuffles out, muttering to himself. “Such insolence. ‘You’re good with princesses,’ they said. ‘You’ll love this job.’ … Oh, how I long for the days of Captain Solo.”

Moana tells Vanellope goodbye, and the little video game glitch goes in for some hugs — only to get an arched back and a rabid hiss from Meeko, Pocahontas’ raccoon.

And… scene."
http://ew.com/movies/2017/07/14/wreck-it-ralph-sequel-star-wars-disney-princesses/

oh and @Derrit, Sleeping Beauty is there.
and add Dumbo, Tinker Bell, Meeko and Iron Man...

Last edited:

MOXOMUMD

new Pixar film.
"They're announcing a new film! No official title yet, but get ready for THE UNTITLED PIXAR FILM THAT TAKES YOU INTO A SUBURBAN FANTASY WORLD!"
directed by Dan Scanlon"

This one is based on a personal story from Dan. He lost his dad when he was one year old.

But later, he was given a recording of his father's voice. Although all his dad says is "Hi" and "Bye," Scanlon says it felt magical to hear.

The film imagines that a world of magic existed, but has grown into something contemporary. There are no humans, but elves, sprites, trolls and "anything that would be on the side of a van in the 70s"

Unicorns are so common that they're considered pests. They showed concept art of unicorns eating garbage.

The story follows two brothers who go on a quest to learn about their own father.

more info at the next D23.

sounds interesting!
Sounds like my kinda movie! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom