News D23 Expo 2017

Mike S

The 'lottery' is the whim of chance you play by just standing in line.
Even if you are standing there for hours to get into one of the panels, there are NO guarantees that you will actually get in.
I've heard many people tell the tale of the how they waited for hours in line and then within moments of being able to enter the hall the room had reached capacity.
Everyone else was turned away regardless of how long they had been standing there.
All that time wasted..for nothing.
It is a chance you take...thus why many prefer on showing up early to try to tip the scales of chance in their favor.

If you really want to be at a particular panel, and it's one of the more popular ones, get in line EARLY ( as in early morning ) or for the smaller panels get in line early for a StagePass.
That's one of the nice things about StagePass - if you can get one, you are guaranteed a seat at your chosen, smaller panel.
You just have to wait in a really long line to get one, that's all, and even then it's a 'lottery' - by the time you reach the front of the line, StagePasses may be gone for the panel you wanted.
Always have a second choice!

Since this years Parks panel is going to be attracting a lot more bodies then usual due to the 'Fantasmic!' FPs being handed out and the general buzz regarding current projects in the works, I'd also get in line early if you want in.

Good luck.
:)

-
Getting in line at 3 AM for parks at the insistence of my brother. In line for StagePass right now for either Pirates or Legends and it's moving fast. I guess I'm ok. I will have my Switch.

We won't be able to use those FastPasses for Fantasmic! unless they'll work for opening night. So, Ka-Ching :greedy:

EricsBiscuit

Getting in line at 3 AM for parks at the insistence of my brother. In line for StagePass right now for either Pirates or Legends and it's moving fast. I guess I'm ok. I will have my Switch.

We won't be able to use those FastPasses for Fantasmic! unless they'll work for opening night. So, Ka-Ching :greedy:
Do you think I'd be able to get into he parks panel tomorrow if I lined up at like 7 or 8?

Figments Friend

Wow........3am...?
Good for you for deciding to do the sleepover, but that seems really early for Parks.
You will have a really amazing seat, methinks!
I got into the panel in 2015 with only a half hour wait in line, but of course that was then and this year I think the demand to attend that particulate panel will be somewhat higher...exspecially with the rumored 'Fantasmic!' FP giveaways.

The 'Fantasmic!' FPs are rumored to be given out after the panel, valid for the Saturday night soft opening at the Park.

What are your thoughts on your Expo experience so far, Mike?

-

PorterRedkey

Has anyone else heard that Disney will announce their Uber-like ride service? The rumored name is Minnie Vans. So you can see why I don't believe this. Rumor price is a flat fee for any destination. The fee is said to be $15-$20 a ride. IIt sounds like this service is 3x more expensive than Uber unless you have a big family,

Figments Friend

Do you think I'd be able to get into he parks panel tomorrow if I lined up at like 7 or 8?

Yes.
It should not be a problem that early.
I'm no expert, but considering I was able to get into the 2015 Parks & Resorts panel with only having to wait in line for 30 minutes I would say you will be fine.

My seat was far from the stage, but I could see everything going on as well as what was presented on the monitors.
If you want a closer seat to the stage area, then lining up that early should give you ample opportunity.

:)

-

alissafalco

I dont know if its been posted, but where can I watch a live stream of it? Or will someone be posting updates here in real time? that would work too. (I dont have twitter)

No Name

Not in disagreement on GotG and Slinky, but I think Tron is a welcome addition to "futurize" Tomorrowland. Yes, I'd rather see an original idea or something less, "Here's a themed movie ride" but it IS going to be brand new, so I welcome it. I think Tron could look very cool in Tomorrowland. God knows we need something brand NEW...not just replacements and closures.

My problem with it is that we already have Space Mountain. There are so many great options for thrill rides that could be built in Tomorrowland. Why build another rollercoaster through lights in the dark? Why have Tomorrowland's second thrill ride be so similar to the first?

They did it right with Splash Mountain, which compliments Big Thunder Mountain Railroad well. Tron Lightcycle Power Run stomps on the older Space Mountain and adds little variety. In my opinion, of course.

hmmm, is Bob Iger teasing more Oswald?
at the Legends panel or some other panel, Iger said this and showed these images.

Seth Kelley‏Verified account @SethMKelley 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @SethMKelley
"Frankly, we haven't done enough with Oswald" #D23Expo
DEuCLqpXUAAUBIX.jpg

DEuCMfTXkAER-1q.jpg

DEuCMfjXoAETyLu.jpg

no kidding you got the right back like 12 years ago and haven't done much with him since. I hope he'll appear at the Great Mickey Ride!!!

I do hope we see more Oswald. Would make for a great ride to fill the animation area once Star Wars Launch Bay says goodbye. Oh, if only they weren't replacing the GMR with his cousin...

Last edited:

Captain Neo

Here is tomorrow's d23 presentation:

Detailed overview of Star Wars Land
Some talk about the success of shanghai
Hong Kong Disneyland news
Marvel land announcement
Mickey ride replacing Great Movie Ride
Tron (in conjunction with new Tron film announcement)

Your welcome

Wishing Star

Long gone are the days where they made something like A Goofy Movie :(
my dislike of the current Disney Toon Studios is that they aren't making Disneyesque movies anymore. It's all Pixar related movies. And they seem more intent on making Lasseter's pet projects these days.

I will dread the day,if Planes makes it to any park.:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom