News D23 Expo 2017

brb1006

crazy stuff, LOL.
"Vanellope enters with her glitch powers. While the footage has been very rough, this is fully rendered! We see 3D animation versions all the Disney princesses

Vanellope tries to convince them that she's also a princess, but they don't believe her at first.

"Were you imprisoned in a castle?" "Where you poisoned?" "Did a sea witch take your voice?"

Merida's accent is so strong no one can understand her.

"She's from the other studio," says one of the Princesses

C-3PO enters and tells them Princesses they are needed

"We'll be right there, R2!" says Ariel.

"You know he hates being called that," says Cinderella. "We'll be right there, BB-8""

The jokes in the Princess scene are so dense, I didn't even catch them all. It's fantastic. Lassetter says that the Princesses are their original voices, including Jodi Benson as Ariel, Wing Na Wen as Mulan and Idina Menzel as Elsa!"

Nick Kazden @ D23‏ @ricknazden 19s20 seconds ago
Now I just want a movie about all the Disney princesses hanging out after this Wreck it Ralph clip. Synergy on point.
Can't wait to see the first teaser in the coming months.

Wishing Star

new Pixar film.
"They're announcing a new film! No official title yet, but get ready for THE UNTITLED PIXAR FILM THAT TAKES YOU INTO A SUBURBAN FANTASY WORLD!"
directed by Dan Scanlon"

This one is based on a personal story from Dan. He lost his dad when he was one year old.

But later, he was given a recording of his father's voice. Although all his dad says is "Hi" and "Bye," Scanlon says it felt magical to hear.

The film imagines that a world of magic existed, but has grown into something contemporary. There are no humans, but elves, sprites, trolls and "anything that would be on the side of a van in the 70s"

Unicorns are so common that they're considered pests. They showed concept art of unicorns eating garbage.

The story follows two brothers who go on a quest to learn about their own father.

more info at the next D23.

sounds interesting!

brb1006

new Pixar film.
"They're announcing a new film! No official title yet, but get ready for THE UNTITLED PIXAR FILM THAT TAKES YOU INTO A SUBURBAN FANTASY WORLD!"
directed by Dan Scanlon"

This one is based on a personal story from Dan. He lost his dad when he was one year old.

But later, he was given a recording of his father's voice. Although all his dad says is "Hi" and "Bye," Scanlon says it felt magical to hear.

The film imagines that a world of magic existed, but has grown into something contemporary. There are no humans, but elves, sprites, trolls and "anything that would be on the side of a van in the 70s"

Unicorns are so common that they're considered pests. They showed concept art of unicorns eating garbage.

The story follows two brothers who go on a quest to learn about their own father.

more info at the next D23.

sounds interesting!
This sounds good.

Disneyhead'71

What exactly do you think your point is here? My point was that they have literally dedicated an entire portion of THE SAME EXPO to the Star Wars stuff, plus Star Wars was already announced at a previous D23, so it seems unlikely that they will announce it again. But, okay. Carry on with whatever you thought you were saying there.
Oh, oh. Hold up there Snarky Puppy. It's pretty obvious that this D23 is the deep dive into the Star Wars Land deets.

Let's just follow some not so random facts down the rabbit hole:

We are 3.5 years out from the beginning of the world wide celebration of WDW's 50th anniversary. Followed the next year with Epcot's 40th anniversary in 2022. There is a D23 in 2019 and 2021. It takes Disney at least 2.5 years to build major attractions. We just got some permits. Disney typically waits 6-9 months after permitting to break ground. That puts the stuff we already have permits for opening right at the beginning of the 50th celebration.

They could announce everything for WDW's 50th tomorrow. But seeing that we are 3.5 years out with another D23 before then, I don't see that happening. So I feel this years D23 Star Wars. D23 2019 will be all about WDW's 50th. And there is a second D23 before Epcot's 40th. So I find it highly unlikely they will unload all the Epcot do over projects tomorrow either. I am under the impression that Tron, Rat, Mickey Pants Ride, and probably Zootopia for the 50th and Brazil, Coco, and ???? For Epcot's 40th.

We'll probably hear about GotG tomorrow.

Castle Cake Apologist

Oh, oh. Hold up there Snarky Puppy. It's pretty obvious that this D23 is the deep dive into the Star Wars Land deets.

Let's just follow some not so random facts down the rabbit hole:

We are 3.5 years out from the beginning of the world wide celebration of WDW's 50th anniversary. Followed the next year with Epcot's 40th anniversary in 2022. There is a D23 in 2019 and 2021. It takes Disney at least 2.5 years to build major attractions. We just got some permits. Disney typically waits 6-9 months after permitting to break ground. That puts the stuff we already have permits for opening right at the beginning of the 50th celebration.

They could announce everything for WDW's 50th tomorrow. But seeing that we are 3.5 years out with another D23 before then, I don't see that happening. And there is a second D23 before Epcot's 40th. So I find it highly unlikely they will unload all the Epcot do over projects tomorrow either. I am under the impression that Tron, Rat, Mickey Pants Ride, and probably Zootopia for the 50th and Brazil, Coco, and ???? For Epcot's 40th.

We'll probably hear about GotG tomorrow.

You do you. I'll go with what several highly respected insiders have said regarding tomorrow's panel. You go with speculation and assumption. Different strokes, I guess.

Last edited:

Disneyhead'71

You do you. I'll go with what several highly respected insiders have said regarding tomorrow's panel. You go with speculation and assumption. Different strokes, I guess.

There's quite a bit more being planned for the 50th than the couple of attractions we've been discussion on here, so there would still be plenty to announce at future D23 Expos.
Didn't most of our respected insiders say that SWL WASN'T going to be mentioned at the last D23?

michmousefan

Guys, there was almost a mob scene in the line for the animation panel. We were in line (waited about 3 hrs) and in the safe (far from overflow) area, when they suddenly stopped admitting people to the Hall with at least 1,500 or so left hanging. I was in about the same spot in line two years ago and we got in just fine. So... somebody miscounted. Plus people were jumping the line. People crowded around the poor manager once they said nobody else could get in. But, to their credit management realized the screwup and issued wristbands guaranteeing spots in the movies panel. So, just warning you guys... at least 1,000 spots just went away.

Castle Cake Apologist

Didn't most of our respected insiders say that SWL WASN'T going to be mentioned at the last D23?

So you're giving an example of them announcing something extra and unplanned to support your argument that they won't announce very much? I honestly can't remember either way. I think it was meant to be announced, but they had changed their minds, but then decided to announce it very last minute.

Look, we can go back and forth all you want, but it seems pointless. We'll see what happens tomorrow at 3pm.

For what it's worth, there is quite a bit more planned for the 50th than just the couple attractions that we've been discussing here, so there would still be plenty to announce at future Expos. Not to mention, again, that the WDI pavilion this year is dedicated to SWL. I figured that would be enough for now until we get closer to the actual opening. We may get a couple details on the actual rides this year, but I don't personally think much of the presentation will be dedicated to that.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom