D23 Expo 2015

TP2000

Miceage just came out with a real doozy of an update today, just in time for D23 Expo.

Miceage is now claiming D23 Expo will announce that Star Wars Launch Bay will replace Disneyland's Innoventions and open this November. Might the same concept be coming to WDW's Innoventions? As per Miceage usual, they don't mention WDW at all, but they are confident Star Wars Launch Bay will be announced this weekend at D23. http://micechat.com/108619-disneyland-rumors-starwars/

Figments Friend

Regarding the length of the Event, it's all over each day around 7pm according to the schedule.
That works out quite nicely.

I am expecting the Parks to be absolutely packed at night.
Surely i am not the only out-of-towner wanting to check out the new nighttime spectacles.
It will be chaos for sure in the evenings...especially the nights post-Expo when the SoCa APs are unblocked.

Oh my....what have i gotten myself into.....
No matter.
That 'Imagineering 60 Years of Disneyland' panel, Imagineering Pavilion, and the Archives display will make it all worthwhile.
:)

TP2000

I've been to all three previous D23 Expos and I never remember the exhibit floor staying open until 10PM. I remember it closing early evening, around 7PM.

I would have remembered a later closing time because I just buy a day ticket and drive over in the late afternoon to wander around for a few hours, and I remember things beginning to shut down after 6PM and so I'd go back to my car and drive home.

doctornick

Miceage just came out with a real doozy of an update today, just in time for D23 Expo.

Miceage is now claiming D23 Expo will announce that Star Wars Launch Bay will replace Disneyland's Innoventions and open this November. Might the same concept be coming to WDW's Innoventions? As per Miceage usual, they don't mention WDW at all, but they are confident Star Wars Launch Bay will be announced this weekend at D23. http://micechat.com/108619-disneyland-rumors-starwars/
Yeah, seems likely to me that they'd add Launch Bay to WDW somewhere. Innoventions West in Epcot might make sense since it's been cleared out. Then they could either put the preview movie in the Eo theater (to be near Launch Bay) or in Sounds Dangerous (to be near Star Tours).

Captain Neo

I can confirm everything about parking and Star Wars in the Miceage update is 100% accurate and in line with what we've been hearing here in Anahiem. Not sure about the marvel stuff but I am sure that is true as well as that space will be freed up in the coming years.

TP2000

Yeah, seems likely to me that they'd add Launch Bay to WDW somewhere. Innoventions West in Epcot might make sense since it's been cleared out. Then they could either put the preview movie in the Eo theater (to be near Launch Bay)...

Ah, of course! Star Wars Launch Bay and Eo theater movie preview in Disneyland's Tomorrowland could just as nicely slot in to Innoventions West and Eo theater in Epcot.

According to Miceage, at least the Disneyland plan will be announced on Saturday at D23 Expo. Four more days!

matt9112

DL centric fan sites grind my gears....be like suckah without Florida you have nothing.

Next Big Thing

Launch Bay has been rumored for the now closed Animation Building at DHS. It wouldn't make to much sense at Epcot anyway (although Innoventions could use some help out here. Personally I suggest moving One Man's Dream there once it leaves DHS.)

wdwfan4ver

All this news about stuff in Disneyland...no news about stuff in WDW.....what gives?
It is caused by the roots of Miceage. Al Lutz is one of the founders of Miceage and he always was about Disneyland. Rest of the Founders of Miceage was about Disneyland also.

Al was one of the people responsible for changing things around for Disneyland in terms of making the problems public during the Paul Pressler/Cynthia Harriss era.

asianway

I've been to all three previous D23 Expos and I never remember the exhibit floor staying open until 10PM. I remember it closing early evening, around 7PM.

I would have remembered a later closing time because I just buy a day ticket and drive over in the late afternoon to wander around for a few hours, and I remember things beginning to shut down after 6PM and so I'd go back to my car and drive home.
I googled it, last time the Broadway thing & Sherman concert was at 6:30. The floor may have closed but there was still "action"

TP2000

DL centric fan sites grind my gears....be like suckah without Florida you have nothing.

As others have noted, Miceage is a Disneyland blog. They rarely mention Tokyo Disneyland or Paris or Hong Kong either, so don't take it so hard. There are plenty of WDW blogs and sites that never mention Anaheim either, and your point could be turned 180 degrees with those WDW sites by stating "without Anaheim you never would have existed".

Miceage/Micechat has a large and well established audience, based in Southern California. And to be fair, D23 Expo is a big event for a famous California company where all the California-based top executives and their divisions put on a big show, so it's understandable why a Disneyland-based blog would cover the Anaheim angle.

That said, the Miceage news today about Star Wars Launch Bay opening at Disneyland this November very likely has implications for one of the WDW parks too. We'll know more by Saturday afternoon, Pacific time. Hang in there!

Last edited:

matt9112

As others have noted, Miceage is a Disneyland blog. They rarely mention Tokyo Disneyland or Paris or Hong Kong either, so don't take it so hard. There are plenty of WDW blogs and sites that never mention Anaheim either, and your point could be turned 180 degrees with those WDW sites by stating "without Anaheim you never would have existed".

Miceage/Micechat has a large and well established audience, based in Southern California. And to be fair, D23 Expo is a big event for a famous California company where all the California-based top executives and their divisions put on a big show, so it's understandable why a Disneyland-based blog would cover the Anaheim angle.

That said, the Miceage news today about Star Wars Launch Bay opening at Disneyland this November very likely has implications for one of the WDW parks too. We'll know more by Saturday afternoon, Pacific time. Hang in there!

so we get sloppy seconds.....again.

doctornick

Launch Bay has been rumored for the now closed Animation Building at DHS. It wouldn't make to much sense at Epcot anyway (although Innoventions could use some help out here. Personally I suggest moving One Man's Dream there once it leaves DHS.)

The stronger rumor is a Blue Sky area going into the Animation building. Maybe they would have that and the Star Wars Launch Bay, but I'm guessing the Launch Bay is going somewhere else.

Next Big Thing

The stronger rumor is a Blue Sky area going into the Animation building. Maybe they would have that and the Star Wars Launch Bay, but I'm guessing the Launch Bay is going somewhere else.
Animation is a large building, could easily fit both, but we'll see.

Launch Bay makes more sense somewhere closer to where Star Tours is. but idk if that's possible. There's really no open space to put something like that over there besides Sounds Dangerous. Would have to take the seats out of that room though if they wanted to do it in there so it's just easier in animation imo.

Sam Magic

Animation is a large building, could easily fit both, but we'll see.

Launch Bay makes more sense somewhere closer to where Star Tours is. but idk if that's possible. There's really no open space to put something like that over there besides Sounds Dangerous. Would have to take the seats out of that room though if they wanted to do it in there so it's just easier in animation imo.
Putting it in Sounds Dangerous or in the Animation redo to Blue Sky Cellar makes the most sense...Epcot makes no sense at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom