D23 Expo 2015

Cosmic Commando

The fact that nothing has leaked indicates to me that they will not be announcing much in the way of new stuff. Star Tours 2 and New Fantasyland were well known weeks before D23 2009 with the blueprints even being passed around on this very site. Even in other industries like gaming and tech, people have a pretty good idea before hand what is being announced (what studios will be showing games, details on new iPhone, etc.) through leaks and information.
I think we have a "pretty good" idea about what's coming... Marvel and Star Wars at DLR, massive DHS makeover with more Pixar and Star Wars at DHS. If at D23 I get some official idea of dates and a new concept E-ticket to drool over for Star Wars or Pixar, I'll be happy. I'll be really PO'ed if they ignore DHS completely... half the park is closed!

Gaston's gal

So, is anyone on hear planning on camping out Friday or Saturday? I'm curious on early to arrive those days. I've been in 2011 and 2013 and usually got there around 5-5:30am. Is that still going to be good enough, especially for "Live Action" presentation on Saturday morning?

RSoxNo1

So, is anyone on hear planning on camping out Friday or Saturday? I'm curious on early to arrive those days. I've been in 2011 and 2013 and usually got there around 5-5:30am. Is that still going to be good enough, especially for "Live Action" presentation on Saturday morning?
I would think that would be more than fine.

motox7

I think you all are forgetting this is the year of Star wars. I mean with The force Awakens coming out in December this is going to be a BIG presence. They of course arent going to write "Oh come see our all our star wars props from Episode 7 and plans to incorporate star wars into the parks!" Because these expo's are all about the surprises. Same with the presentations. I'd say expect tons of props from Force Awakens though because at Comic-con they had a whole exhibit with props from the film, and that comic con....not run by Disney who owns Lucas films now. So id expects A LOT of neat things for us to droll over as far as star wars. And since the hype around Ep. 7 is so big it honestly would be stupid if they didn't say SOMETHING about DHS and Star wars coming there. Now is the time to reveal those plans and the Disney executives know that. I have to imagine they will show some little concept art and tell some ideas about it. To me, it only makes sense. And for those who are concerned about making it into the Big Hall D23 presentations, don't be. I made it into every single one in 2013 that I wanted to. Just show up somewhat early and you will be fine.

Burgower1994

I think you all are forgetting this is the year of Star wars. I mean with The force Awakens coming out in December this is going to be a BIG presence. They of course arent going to write "Oh come see our all our star wars props from Episode 7 and plans to incorporate star wars into the parks!" Because these expo's are all about the surprises. Same with the presentations. I'd say expect tons of props from Force Awakens though because at Comic-con they had a whole exhibit with props from the film, and that comic con....not run by Disney who owns Lucas films now. So id expects A LOT of neat things for us to droll over as far as star wars. And since the hype around Ep. 7 is so big it honestly would be stupid if they didn't say SOMETHING about DHS and Star wars coming there. Now is the time to reveal those plans and the Disney executives know that. I have to imagine they will show some little concept art and tell some ideas about it. To me, it only makes sense. And for those who are concerned about making it into the Big Hall D23 presentations, don't be. I made it into every single one in 2013 that I wanted to. Just show up somewhat early and you will be fine.

This will be my first expo what do you mean by somewhat early?

I am thinking of going in line two hours before the presentation? Is that too much time to wait or a perfect amount?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Possible non-park surprises... If Star Wars is the last live action presentation I would expect some Rouge One footage, possibly revealing Darth Vader as part of that film. They could show more Episode 7 footage in a final trailer or announce a rumored Netflix live action show.

It could be really interesting as a Star Wars fan.

I think most D23 members are just happy to be there and see stuff related to attractions they already like.
Nostalgia, not anticipation drives this ship.
Love it!!!!
Sometimes it is really easy to lose sight of what D23 is all about.
The intrigue does show that Disney could do with using the Disney Parks Blog much more effectively though. After all, that's where we really should be finding out more about the park developments.

TP2000

Yeah, we know the they will be covering Shanghai and Avatar, and they will likely talk about Disney Springs and the Frozen ride so they could stretch that to take up lease half the time. Disneyland has nothing new currently announced so I would think they would at least throw them a bone.

Shanghai and Avatar will be covered in the WDI Pavilion that opens on Friday morning. They already covered Disney Springs, with cool models and info, at D23 Expo in 2013, so I don't expect them to go over that again.

The Parks & Resorts keynote presentation is Saturday afternoon. Since Shanghai and Avatar will be checked off since Friday morning, the "news" they'll be discussing will be aimed elsewhere. In my amateur opinion, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear about two or three things from this list:

Disney's Hollywood Studios - a broadly worded announcement of a massive DCA-style remake, light on specifics still but heavy on excitement and one of those vague aerial sketches showing the completed park through misty clouds :cool:
Disney California Adventure - Marvel Land coming behind Tower of Terror, with an indoor coaster E Ticket (per Miceage rumors)
Epcot - Some more fleshed out information about Frozen Boat Ride in Norway, maybe a short video clip and ride details?
Disneyland - An announcement of what's going into the old Innoventions building

Last edited:

TP2000

The intrigue does show that Disney could do with using the Disney Parks Blog much more effectively though. After all, that's where we really should be finding out more about the park developments.

They don't have the time or space to include legit theme park news on the Disney Parks Blog that hasn't already been leaked elsewhere. They are too busy writing breathless blog posts about new snack bar offerings, mindless blather from the "Moms Panel", a few videos from the staid Public Affairs department about recent heart-tugging charity events or injured animals that make you go awwww, and showing us pics of C List celebrities who went to a theme park with their family that we don't care about.

That keeps the Parks Blog team very, very busy entertaining their dozens of readers. And you wan't them to cover actual theme park developments too? They can only do so much before lunchtime in Celebration you know. ;)

Last edited:

TP2000

And I would be pretty ticked if I attended D23 and saw very little about stateside parks and a lot about Shanghai. Who frelling cares???

There's about twenty old men who make up the 18th Central Politburo of the Chinese Communist Party in Beijing who care. Also Bob Iger.

But the rest of us? Not so much. If we're lucky, at least the park model on display will be pretty to look at for a couple minutes.

PhotoDave219

They don't have the time or space to include legit theme park news on the Disney Parks Blog that hasn't already been leaked elsewhere. They are too busy writing breathless blog posts about new snack bar offerings, mindless blather from the "Moms Panel", a few videos from the staid Public Affairs department about recent heart-tugging charity events or injured animals that make you go awwww, and showing us pics of C List celebrities who went to a theme park with their family that we don't care about.

That keeps the Parks Blog team very, very busy entertaining their dozens of readers. And you wan't them to cover actual theme park developments too? They can only do so much before lunchtime in Celebration you know. ;)

Or give free trips to instagram "celebrities"

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Shanghai and Avatar will be covered in the WDI Pavilion that opens on Friday morning. They already covered Disney Springs, with cool models and info, at D23 Expo in 2013, so I don't expect them to go over that again.

The Parks & Resorts keynote presentation is Saturday afternoon. Since Shanghai and Avatar will be checked off since Friday morning, the "news" they'll be discussing will be aimed elsewhere. In my amateur opinion, I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear about two or three things from this list:

Disney's Hollywood Studios - a broadly worded announcement of a massive DCA-style remake, light on specifics still but heavy on excitement and one of those vague aerial sketches showing the completed park through misty clouds :cool:
Disney California Adventure - Marvel Land coming behind Tower of Terror, with an indoor coaster E Ticket (per Miceage rumors)
Epcot - Some more fleshed out information about Frozen Boat Ride in Norway, maybe a short video clip and ride details?
Disneyland - An announcement of what's going into the old Innoventions building

Actually both Shanghai and Avatar are on the agenda for the keynote...

"Guests will get behind-the-scenes perspectives from the creative minds working to bring magical experiences to life at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. They will also get a sneak peek at projects in progress around the world, such as the ongoing work at Disney’s Animal Kingdom with AVATAR and the developments on Shanghai Disneyland, along with a few special guests and surprises."

G00fyDad

Those expecting to see/hear some news about Florida (OTHER than Avatar) will get a whole lot of ....
50876966.jpg

G00fyDad

But it is exactly what they are going to do. Hype D23 up as much as possible and then during the event they will come at people in the audience with lackluster news and pretend that people should be over the moon about it.

Cosmic Commando

There's SO much that they could talk about that hasn't been officially confirmed, I feel like we have to get at least something new.

We already got that scene-by-scene breakdown (was it the NYT?) for the Frozen ride; I think they can at least trot out a 3D ride through of that. I'm sure Imagineering works something like that up for all their projects, so it would be easy to show; that's my low-ball prediction.

Lynn Stephens

...for the Frozen ride; I think they can at least trot out a 3D ride through of that. I'm sure Imagineering works something like that up for all their projects, so it would be easy to show; that's my low-ball prediction.
That will probably be one of the surprises. Maybe announce a new planned hotel in one of parcels they just bought near DLR.

planodisney

Been lurking in these forums for a long time and just joined.
If I'm reading the program correctly, Bob Iger will not be presenting at the Parks and Resorts presentation.
From what I have observed of him, loving to take credit for big new projects, I don't see any way that anything major will be revealed without him doing the revealing. I would look for details about already known and currently under construction projects. That's it!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom