D23 Expo 2015

Magenta Panther

Goofy Movie is such a nostalgic favorite for me, I still listen to the soundtrack all the time. This is amazing.

I remember seeing the trailer for it at the movie theater. Can't remember what movie I was there for, but that trailer...when the announcer said something about how tough life can be "when your dad's...Goofy" and his car blew up, the audience roared. I HAD to see the movie after that. Really liked it, but I wished Mickey and Donald had played a part too. Still cute though.

CapitanEo

Really liked it, but I wished Mickey and Donald had played a part too. .
downloadmickdongoofymovie.jpg
"Well its californ-I-A or bust"

Kman101

I think a few of us have tried to keep the realistic outcome here in view. Getting excited over announcements that aren't going to happen will only lead to misplaced anger. To recap..

Dont expect MAJOR DHS news. An announcement of the new name as well as the "we are doing things"..but no details. Avatarland will get most of the discussion in the FL realm. Its the thing that opens first. There is another D23 before DHS 2.0 is done...that is when you'll get your juicy details. California will be much happier :)

Of course California will be happier. They usually are. Their studio park got it's makeover and more expansions are coming. Florida goes at such a snail's pace we won't get true details until 2017. Sigh.

rioriz

^^^ I hope it does! I may be in the minority but I love the Disney Marvel relationship! Marvel Disney characters have held a spot in my heart since childhood. For me is like the best of both worlds to have them together. I guess that'd a reason why so many people want Marvel in the parks as for me it would be a one stop shop!

Guess I'll have to go to DCA for that in a few years!

Cmdr_Crimson

Of course California will be happier. They usually are. Their studio park got it's makeover and more expansions are coming. Florida goes at such a snail's pace we won't get true details until 2017. Sigh.

Which incase they would shock the entire D23Expo by saying they are having 2017's expo in Orlando and would focus more on WDW than ever...IMO would be friggin awesome...

WhatJaneSays

Comic Con has nothing on Dragon Con for the amount of drunken cosplay*. But Dragon is a nearly 24-hour event so 1/3 of it is after hours kind of stuff. That isn't really something events like Comic Con or the D23 Expo could really support as part of their actual events. Also, in D23’s case especially, they likely don't WANT that any kind of event that could go awry in that way.

Every convention has inherent issues with lines. I'll be honest here the issues arise from con-goers trying to oneup each other, unclear rules, and then staff not being equipped with the ability, authority or personal fortitude to put their foot down. Make people (guests and staff) aware of the rules, clearly display the rules, enforce the rules, and have consequences for people that ignore the rules.

____
*- Actually drunken may be a bit too much, the Dragon Con-goers in general seem to be able to hold their liquor better than the Comic Con-goers. But I'm used to ‘character attending’ a group that can put away an entire bottle of rum each and still run (and I mean full-tilt run) up a flight of stairs with 50 lbs of costume in a corset and 5 inch stilettos.

MKCP 1985

Of all the 3-dozen or so sequels Pixar has announced, this one rankles me the most.
When your third movie is about your characters accepting the inevitability of death, why/where do you go with the story after that?
marriage? :D

IF there is to be an announcement on the fate of the Studios Park, at what presentation would that occur and when is it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom