D23 Expo 2015

G00fyDad

disappointment.jpg

rnese

The remake of Pete's Dragon confirms one of my two longtime wishes for WDW. That the Dr. Terminus and Hoagy Mainstreet USA comedy show will be arriving shortly!

Now for my second...An E-Ticket adventure where you assist our hero, Benjamin Gates on his epic quest to...STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE!
(To be announced at D23...2016)

Bairstow

Of all the 3-dozen or so sequels Pixar has announced, this one rankles me the most.
When your third movie is about your characters accepting the inevitability of death, why/where do you go with the story after that?

Also, what exactly have Rashida Jones and Wil McCormack written together in the past to deserve that kind of ovation?

NowInc

I think a few of us have tried to keep the realistic outcome here in view. Getting excited over announcements that aren't going to happen will only lead to misplaced anger. To recap..

Dont expect MAJOR DHS news. An announcement of the new name as well as the "we are doing things"..but no details. Avatarland will get most of the discussion in the FL realm. Its the thing that opens first. There is another D23 before DHS 2.0 is done...that is when you'll get your juicy details. California will be much happier :)

misterID

That's true to some extent for me as I haven't been to many. My first d23 was ok as was my first Star Wars celebration. But the last D23 was a mess by comparison. Regardless of what I should expect, I still don't see the allure or logic in waiting 4 hours for anything...but that's just me and the reason I will never go to Comic-con or another D23. For others, I'm sure it's totally worth it. That's cool, different strokes.
Type cosplay into your Google IMAGE search and you'll see why no one minds waiting in line at Comic Con. Yeah, lines are terrible but part of the experience... And the bars. Seeing hundreds of nerds drunk and arguing is hilarious.

Stevek

I'm with you, waiting in hours-long lines for panels are not for me. I went to the first Expo and it was perfect because no one was there. It was over after that one. Crowds/people, EVERYWHERE.
Exactly. At my age, I no longer have the patience to deal with it. Different priorities and my time is more valuable than what it would take to dedicate all that time to waiting. And don't get me started on the self importance of some of the bloggers/websites/podcasters/social media personalities out there and the minions that follow them around the expo like sheep. I just have less of a desire to participate in any of that as it's very hard for me to understand how anyone can become so engrossed in something in their life that it is the end all be all for them. But hey, that's there thing and good for them...doesn't hurt anyone. Thankfully I can come here and get my Disney Parks fix once in awhile and for the most part, people can be civilized and engage in an open discussion. That's enough for me.

Stevek

Type cosplay into your Google IMAGE search and you'll see why no one minds waiting in line at Comic Con. Yeah, lines are terrible but part of the experience... And the bars. Seeing hundreds of nerds drunk and arguing is hilarious.
Never got the whole cosplay thing but I know it's pretty popular. Drunk nerds would be pretty funny to just sit back and watch. And by drunk, you mean one beer or shot and they're done : )

Magenta Panther

Of all the 3-dozen or so sequels Pixar has announced, this one rankles me the most.
When your third movie is about your characters accepting the inevitability of death, why/where do you go with the story after that?

Also, what exactly have Rashida Jones and Wil McCormack written together in the past to deserve that kind of ovation?

And anyway, I've always thought that Woody and Jessie are a better fit... :p

BrianLo

Surprisingly it worked pretty well for the animation panel. Not 100%, but surprisingly well.

There are lots of Disney approved media present at the panel running live blogs. The electronic devices policy only applies to the public, not the media.

Edit: @DDLand posted the one I'm following. Variety is there as well, but weren't as thorough as Coming Soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom