D23 Expo 2015

the.dreamfinder

There are 21 Pixar films either released or announced and only 8 are sequels. That's pretty good considering how risk-averse movie studios tend to be.
In "Creativity Inc.", Ed Carmull says their plan is to do one sequel for every two original films.
We recognized that making sequels, which were likely to do well at the box office, gave us more leeway to take those risks. Therefore, we came to the conclusion that a blend—one original film each year and a sequel every other year, or three films every two years—seemed a reasonable way to keep us both financially and creatively healthy.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
As much as I hate sequels I will say that Cars 2 was a black sheep compared to other Pixar sequels which are typically on point and very good. Cars 3 needs to be killed, but probably will not be because of the Cars Land...yay.
And there is nothing that guarantees that Cars 3 will be bad. Cars 2 was bad. Let's hope they learned their lesson.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I understand that, but you're not presenting this in a fair manner. I am talking about pixar's upcoming schedule that is worrying rather than their past films. To have non stop sequels back to back is just a little heartbreaking to me and many and I think that's a fair comment. Even if they are solid. As inside out showed look at what they can still do with original concepts? Why push back or rob ourselves of another film like that even if 2 of these sequels end up being fantastic?

The Good Dinoasur is original and so is the Dia de los Muertos film. There is also at least one, if not two Pixar slots in the next few years that have not been filmed so these could be original also.

Sped2424

The Good Dinosaur is original and so is the Dia de los Muertos film. There is also at least one, if not two Pixar slots in the next few years that have not been filmed so these could be original also.
Dia de los muertos sadly still hasn't been confirmed and could very well be cancelled given the lack of info on it's release (something I hope they clear up right now :<). And as for the pixar slots I am thinking those are going to incredibles 2 and cars 3 respectively.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Dia de los muertos sadly still hasn't been confirmed and could very well be cancelled given the lack of info on it's release (something I hope they clear up right now :<). And as for the pixar slots I am thinking those are going to incredibles 2 and cars 3 respectively.

From what I have been reading that doesn't seem clear yet.

tcool

It is in spain too! It's just Gigantic isn't about dia de los muertos!
I need to backtrack in the threads I thought you were talking about the possible Pixar film, and not Gigantic.
I agree sequels are good when the content is there. But I do take issue with Pixar's very sequel heavy future and them not showing anything original beyond good dinosaur. I hope that Dia de los muertos film get's announced.

odmichael

I agree sequels are good when the content is there. But I do take issue with Pixar's very sequel heavy future and them not showing anything original beyond good dinosaur. I hope that Dia de los muertos film get's announced.
I heard (you probably have too) that they HAVE to make 2 sequels for every new movie they make.

MagicGoofy

Fair enough. I see the role playing as having less to do with professional creativity and more to do with the hype machine of juvenilia. But I get it. It's "immersive."

From afar, it looks like the guys and gals stationed at the displays are the B team. At least, I never got the impression that the "celeb" Imagineers (if such a thing can be said to exist) were given these meet-and-greet assignments at fan conventions.

Are you saying Joe Rohde is a B team member (if a B team can even said to exist)?.... Hahahahaha

Also Dia De Los Muertos was just confirmed on the panel

Kamikaze

That's funny cause last I checked there were millions of covers of Do you want to build a snowman, Love is an open door, and for the first time in forever. And trust me crowds go nuts during the fireworks and the fantasmic pre show whenever one of those three plays. I will give you that many people don't like fixer upper, but those other three songs are just as classic at this point as many of the other disney songs. Whether you want to admit that or not.

'Classic' is a big word. You'd only know if its classic in say, 10 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom