D23 Expo 2015

Kamikaze

You must not have heard about Tokyo then huh
tds-arendelle.jpg

They are very careful about the Ip's they choose and passed when presented the opportunity for an Avatarland.

What OLC does has ZERO bearing on anything else. If it did, we'd have JttCotE instead of Avatar. They don't mind spending money, and if they have to replace it in ten years if the fad goes away, they would. WDP&R would not dare to do the same.

And no, they jumped the gun when 'grabbing' Avatar because of Potter. Plain and simple.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What OLC does has ZERO bearing on anything else. If it did, we'd have JttCotE instead of Avatar. They don't mind spending money, and if they have to replace it in ten years if the fad goes away, they would. WDP&R would not dare to do the same.

And no, they jumped the gun when 'grabbing' Avatar because of Potter. Plain and simple.

Maybe, but it still looks like it's going to be an amazing land.

gmajew

Premium Member

We know they passed? Or is that speculation

Kamikaze

We know they passed? Or is that speculation

I didn't say anything about them passing on Potter (which, I thought it was well known that they did anyway) - I simply meant they saw the Potter 'effect' and wanted to get a property as well.

Maybe, but it still looks like it's going to be an amazing land.

No doubt. OLC always goes all out. But it doesn't mean anything to domestic parks.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I didn't say anything about them passing on Potter (which, I thought it was well known that they did anyway) - I simply meant they saw the Potter 'effect' and wanted to get a property as well.

No doubt. OLC always goes all out. But it doesn't mean anything to domestic parks.

I was talking about Avatar at AK.

Sped2424

And there isn't a Frozen 'land' coming to the US. So what? If you're going to make this pointless argument, you have to compare apples to apples, not WDW to Scrooge McDuck's vault.
There is a very valid reason Frozen didn't get a land in the us and it has everything to do with the bill would have come from Disney's wallets instead of someone else's. The only one being pointless here is you. Ask anyone and they will tell you Frozen needed a land, not a redo of maelstrom. But guess which one is cheaper?

Sped2424

d of Avatar. They don't mind spending money, and if they have to replace it in ten years if the fad goes away, they would. WDP&R would not dare to do the same.
WDP&R have no problems spending money to kill old rides so again what are you arguing?

Kamikaze

There is a very valid reason Frozen didn't get a land in the us and it has everything to do with the bill would have come from Disney's wallets instead of someone else's. The only one being pointless here is you. Ask anyone and they will tell you Frozen needed a land, not a redo of maelstrom. But guess which one is cheaper?

Whut. You're the one saying that Frozen can't be a fad because they are putting a land in Tokyo. A resort which, by my last check, has an ENTIRE PARK full of exclusive attractions.

WDP&R have no problems spending money to kill old rides so again what are you arguing?

'Killing' an attraction and replacing it twice in 10 years is something completely different. Else Stitch's Great Escape would be gone.

Sped2424

Whut. You're the one saying that Frozen can't be a fad because they are putting a land in Tokyo. A resort which, by my last check, has an ENTIRE PARK full of exclusive attractions.

'Killing' an attraction and replacing it twice in 10 years is something completely different. Else Stitch's Great Escape would be gone.
You need to check again cause they have
Toy Story Mania, PhilaharMagic, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones adventure (granted it's called crystal skull),etc etc. Stitch's great escape is still around cause the character/franchise is still very popular???

BrianLo

You should check again. A good number of clones exist in TDS.

Also they just (last week) opened a new stitch attraction in Tokyo... one is coming to Shanghai next year.

MagicGoofy

Ah, well, I'm sure it will be well themed. The property is based on is crap and won't bring any 'pop' to the park, but I'm sure they are going to do the theming great.

The movie must have a one of a kind orginal single film plot for the land to be good :hilarious:. Who doesn't want to fly on a banshee or see floating mountains, or be feet away from extrodnariy creatures? This land looks to be one of the most immersive areas in the industry and it hasn't even opened yet.. Now that's saying something!
image.jpg

Kamikaze

You need to check again cause they have
Toy Story Mania, PhilaharMagic, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones adventure (granted it's called crystal skull),etc etc. Stitch's great escape is still around cause the character/franchise is still very popular???

Ok, got me there. But if Stitch is 'popular' why are they ending M&Gs?

Kamikaze

The movie must have a one of a kind orginal single film plot for the land to be good :hilarious:. Who doesn't want to fly on a banshee or see floating mountains, or be feet away from extrodnariy creatures? This land looks to be one of the most immersive areas in the industry and it hasn't even opened yet.. Now that's saying something!

I don't. Movie was bad. Go watch it again.

Again, I'm sure the theming will be amazing. But I have no interest in the actual property.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom