D23 Expo 2015

Sam Magic

Fair enough, still original since the last sequel, though. The next few years are sequel city, sure, but almost everything in big-budget Hollywood is either sequels or existing IPs.
Personally I think that's what makes Disney and Pixar...for the most part unique.

juan

Fair enough. I see the role playing as having less to do with professional creativity and more to do with the hype machine of juvenilia. But I get it. It's "immersive."

From afar, it looks like the guys and gals stationed at the displays are the B team. At least, I never got the impression that the "celeb" Imagineers (if such a thing can be said to exist) were given these meet-and-greet assignments at fan conventions.

A good portion of WDI's current business model is based on project-hires. A lot of these Imagineers eat, sleep, and breathe their project as it is all they know at WDI. Once the project is complete, their employment is possibly up, so they get excited to show off their work and treat it almost like an audition for future projects.

Kamikaze

Personally I think that's what makes Disney and Pixar...for the most part unique.

If you put ALL of the Disney properties in (Lucas, Marvel) thats really not true.

Not that its bad, Marvel has been phenomenal for the most part, but they are the same as everyone else.

And lets not forget - nearly every 'classic' animated feature was based on an existing property.

Maybe that's what will happen with Parks and Resorts...it goes overtime.

Or maybe they'll cut it short - 'Here's Avatar, see you in two years!'

Sam Magic

If you put ALL of the Disney properties in (Lucas, Marvel) thats really not true.
I know, that's why I said "for the most part" meaning that not everything they do is completely original, but comparing the unoriginal to the original and Disney is primarily original content and stories.

Sam Magic

They ain't building lands if this ain't gonna be around in ten years. Disney animated films of that caliber don't fade.
LionKingCast.jpg

Well except for this one...which kind of did.

Kamikaze

They ain't building lands if this ain't gonna be around in ten years. Disney animated films of that caliber don't fade.

Avatarland is a very big example of them not knowing 100%. The next movies could bomb, and I think they are going to.

Also, its a ride, not a land. And Stitch is about 10 (13) years old, is animated, and has an attraction. Whats it been doing lately? Oh yeah, hes about to get pulled from appearances.

Nmoody1

The Lopezes' output for Disney has been mediocre at best. Let it Go was a second rate Defying Gravity and the Winnie the Pooh soundtrack was forgettable.

Without the raunch, they are neutered and honestly useless to me. So citing Avenue Q is pointless.

Finding Nemo the musical isn't so bad?!

Sped2424

Avatarland is a very big example of them not knowing 100%. The next movies could bomb, and I think they are going to.

Also, its a ride, not a land. And Stitch is about 10 (13) years old, is animated, and has an attraction. Whats it been doing lately? Oh yeah, hes about to get pulled from appearances.
You must not have heard about Tokyo then huh
tds-arendelle.jpg

They are very careful about the Ip's they choose and passed when presented the opportunity for an Avatarland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom