D23 Dissapointment

sweetpee_1993

So.... what exactly is the point of D23? Just wondering.

Entertainment for fanbois. Magnet for fan bloggers. Money machine, maybe? ((Not sure how the merch and other money draws factor against cost to put the thing on but I wouldn't think Disney would bother if there wasn't some level of return on the buck for them.))

sweetpee_1993

Seriously. I know little to nothing about D23 or the expo but I think of it as a place where fans gather for the fun of it. If Disney can generate excitement with the expo AND draw spotlight on every little thing they do like announcing seats in an existing theater for an existing show, that seems to be what they like to do. Stretch it all out for the mileage.

nytimez

What is there to read into, to me it flat out says there will be no new attraction announcements.

I don't have any inside knowledge on D23. But I think everyone here knows that sometimes they say what they mean, sometimes they don't.
And even if they said what they meant, I still see wiggle room in there.
There are still two months of this. Who knows how the next set of tea leaves will read.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So.... what exactly is the point of D23? Just wondering.
D23 is the "official" Disney Fan Club.

In my case, I joined to have access to the magazine that comes with Gold membership. It is only available through membership, in the parks or at Barnes & Noble. Since I live in Canada and there are no B&N anywhere near me, membership was my only option to get it. It comes with a nice trinket in each edition, which certainly isn't a factor in buying it, but some of them are quite nice.

The rest of the D23 offerings are scattered around the continental U.S. with a high concentration in and around Anaheim. I've been to a few D23 events and they were fun, if a bit expensive. The magazine is my primary reason for staying a member.

I'll be attending the Expo for my first time in August. I'm looking forward to it, but mostly because I'll be touching base with a bunch of WDWMagic friends while there. If the Expo adds a bit of interesting stuff to the weekend, all the better. I'm hoping they've improved their handling of lines, which have apparently been really bad in the past. We'll see.

Lee

Adventurer
Plus we will be showcasing several pieces from our Art Library, many of them rarely seen outside the walls of Walt Disney Imagineering — like Herb Ryman’s original drawing of Disneyland and models of some projects that were never built!
Yep, nothing gets fans more excited than seeing something they can't have.

"Check out this awesome model of Fire Mountain! Wouldn't it have been awesome to have had that in Adventureland? Wait...why are you crying?"

juniorthomas

If this turns out to be true, Disney just-
Shooting%20Self%20in%20Foot.jpg

I hate it when Disney shoe-guns.

DizFiz

I'm disappointed with what might happen at this years expo if all of this is true I won't feel bad that I couldn't go the expo... Stop torturing and just announce the stuff.

llrain

To sucker people into forking cash over for believing that they were some special fan and would
Be treated as such. I knew this whole thing was a joke since the beginning.....amazing how, based ont these
Fan sites people believed in it and stood behind it..and now all of the sudden everyone has woken up to the junk
This was. Glad I never forked over my 75 or whatever it was .they are giving the membership free now to us
Dvc members and I still dont even want to bother
Cheers

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom