Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

andysol

Cars makes zero sense for magic kingdom
Why?

Considering we have talking animals, sea witches, a giant green eyeball with arms/legs and singing mice and ducks, I don’t quite understand how anthropomorphic cars are a bridge too far.
Has anyone thought that maybe autopia is going here?

Think about it…you get rid of that dinosaur and plop cars next to fantasyland…then you put you’re villains thing over near the back section?
I definitely would have preferred it be here. Or better yet, nowhere; and get a electruc futuristic tron-like car overlay
And a totally different IP by Big thunder.

But based on that concept art- that’s near big thunder. No question.

Only silver lining is at least they’re unique attractions.

MerlinTheGoat

The circumstances around Iger's abrupt departure are still incredibly weird. Feels like something happened there that never surfaced publicly.

Some have speculated that Iger saw the early writing on the wall that things were about to hit the fan with COVID and he wanted to cash in his retirement while he still could.

There's some journalist, I forget who, who's writing a book on the Chapek vs. Iger period. Maybe we'll know more then.
It's not weird or hard to figure out at all. While the general public were just going about their business and ignoring the dangers up until lockdowns began, people in positions of power (government and business) were well aware of what was coming even by the end of 2019. With full on internal panic hitting by January when cases in the US began to spread like wildfire.

Bob Iger stepped down from his position as CEO on February 25th, 2020. Right as Covid was really starting to tear its way through the US and less than three weeks before lockdowns began. They were being discussed and planned well before they were actually implemented. Iger knew they were coming and jumped ship at the last second to try and avoid a reputation hit, but he made sure to keep his foot in the door and got himself a front-row seat to Chapek's downfall. He remained on as an "advisor" for a long while after (though there were ample business articles that stated he was still effectively CEO in all but name, much to Chapek's displeasaure). Iger then jumped back in after the storm was over.

You don't really need a book about this, it's abundantly clear what Iger was doing.

Drdcm

Because it can’t be a park thing these days without referencing a period where they made original things to distract you from the fact they don’t anymore?
😂 hit the nail on the head. Honestly I’m not too negative. I think these additions will increase capacity for the things I would actually want to do. It’s an improvement in my book… we’ll have to see just how much replacing is done.

Speaking of OG concepts, I get the sense that the cars ride is sort of going for the western River expedition vibe - but modernized (like a road trip). I’m interested to see how it ultimately turns out.

Lilofan

It's not weird or hard to figure out at all. While the general public were just going about their business and ignoring the dangers up until lockdowns began, people in positions of power (government and business) were well aware of what was coming even by the end of 2019. With full on internal panic hitting by January when cases in the US began to spread like wildfire.

Bob Iger stepped down from his position as CEO on February 25th, 2020. Right as Covid was really starting to tear its way through the US and less than three weeks before lockdowns began. They were being discussed and planned well before they were actually implemented. Iger knew they were coming and jumped ship at the last second to try and avoid a reputation hit, but he made sure to keep his foot in the door and got himself a front-row seat to Chapek's downfall. He remained on as an "advisor" for a long while after (though there were ample business articles that stated he was still effectively CEO in all but name, much to Chapek's displeasaure). Iger then jumped back in after the storm was over.

You don't really need a book about this, it's abundantly clear what Iger was doing.
Stocks are strange in that during the time of Covid / Chapek as CEO the Disney stock was doing better than it is now. And the solution was to get rid of Chapek while the stock was doing better than currently.

Jrb1979

They’ve conceded Epic Universe to winning all the press and adoration for 2025/2026.
They are aiming to be the rebound, which is a good strategy based on the position they put themselves in. 2027-2029 is perfect for all of these to come online.

And if they, by some miracle, ALL actually make it to fruition- what a great time to be a park fan. Feels like it will be like 2014-2019 all over again with new stuff coming out in rapid succession.
But this time even better as they are additions and less replacements- and, you know, an all new park!
What are talking about less replacements? The only actual addition will be Villains. Cars is likely replacing Rivers and Tom Sawyer Island. Tropical Americas is replacing Dinoland. Monsters is likely replacing Muppets and Star Tours.

seabreezept813

Yeah that’s part of the “devil” here

Proclaiming “no replacements” was foolhardy and ignoring pattern

They have to prove it.
When people speculate that they are taking away ROA does that mean that whole body of water in Frontierland and Liberty square because that is a huge loss. Some of the best MK visuals are looking towards the docks from Big Thunder or hearing the boat while in line at HM. I really hope MK wouldn’t turn into a concrete trap like Hollywood studios, which is the most unpleasant park in Florida’s climate.

If after announcing so much new and exciting content your main concern is about a joke in connection with one single animatronic that is cost prohibitive to fix, you are 100% the target of this joke, and it is still making me laugh this morning even with the lack of sleep

Nah, not my main concern. I just thought it was annoying that they glibly referenced one of the most infamous broken theme park effects of all time without offering a fix. Shame on me for briefly hoping for a nice thing, I guess?

DisDude33

I suspect:

DHS loses Animation Courtyard or Muppets/Star Tours
I suspect MK loses a chunk of ROA and TSI
I suspect DCA loses Hollywoodland and possibly GRR
DAK is losing Dinosaur land
Those are solid possibilities but for now Dinoland is the only one we definitely know we are losing which isn’t a huge loss imo and really I don’t see anything listed that isn’t worth losing in place of what will take it’s place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom