Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

SirLink

They announced four new attractions to DCA (two in Avengers land, at least one Avatar ride, and Coco). Assuming the Avengers attractions eat into old Hollywood land, that Avatar land has to go somewhere, likewise a big boat ride for Encanto.

It’s possible all that is part of Disneyland forward, but that’s a lot of space to eat up.
Avatar is going into the Hollywood Backlot area back into the bus loop. Coco is going into either a) Paradise Gardens/Goofy sky School or b) across the street into the new land that has been rezoned. GRR is safe.

tanc

this was the best D23 in years, this clearly puts D’amaro as the next Disney CEO. Any other choice would be a massive oversight imo. I’m still shocked by how well done this presentation was (the filler sucked, but the announcements were pretty much all very solid.). Yeah I’m sad about some announcements but ultimately the potential is endless. Also the site not to be named said that the press said this all is supposed to release within the next 5 years.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
this was the best D23 in years, this clearly puts D’amaro as the next Disney CEO. Any other choice would be a massive oversight imo. I’m still shocked by how well done this presentation was. Also the site not to be named said that the press said this all is supposed to release within the next 5 years.
Announcing future park plans does not make a CEO

DisDude33

this was the best D23 in years, this clearly puts D’amaro as the next Disney CEO. Any other choice would be a massive oversight imo. I’m still shocked by how well done this presentation was. Also the site not to be named said that the press said this all is supposed to release within the next 5 years.
I believe Josh actually said that himself in one of the speeches he gave.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
Avatar is going into the Hollywood Backlot area back into the bus loop. Coco is going into either a) Paradise Gardens/Goofy sky School or b) across the street into the new land that has been rezoned. GRR is safe.
Coco will fit naturally in the massive show building behind Pixar Pier. They still have space back there and it works for the corporate synergy!

So it seems fans have been asking for these things for ages, and people still have things to complain about?

SplashJacket

One of those 4 new ships has to be for Southern California right?
If they have 13 ships

1. Permanent Japan
2. Permanent Singapore
3. Permanent Australia/Oceania
4. Permanent Europe
5. Permanent West Coast
6. Permanent Caribbean
7. Permanent Caribbean
8. Permanent Caribbean (Maybe Tx or La)
9. Seasonal Europe Seasonal Caribbean
10. Seasonal West Coast, Alaska, and Hawaii
11. Seasonal Caribbean / South América (Brazil, Colombia).
12. Permanent Caribbean
13. Permanent Caribbean / Asia (Korea? HK? 2nd Singapore? Philippines?)

zipadee999

Overall very happy with the announcements! I think for the first time Disney is somewhat in-touch with their fans! Villains Land and the Door Coaster are things that we’ve been begging for for YEARS, and having them both announced on the same night feels like a fever dream.

Villains Land feels like the WDI of old is back. It looks like we’re getting a Bald Mountain/Chernabog coaster and what I’m assuming is a Mystic Manor-level E Ticket inside Maleficent’s castle. Disney isn’t afraid to be SCARY anymore and I think it just may save them! I also noticed that the other new attractions don’t seem to be afraid of tension either. This is truly going to be a timeless land and will be a modern classic for years to come.

Both Lion King and Coco were described as taking riders through Simba/Miguel’s story beginning to end, which will include villains and the ‘scary’ parts by default. Avatar for DCA (which looks like in incredible use of the Shanghai pirates tech BTW) was even described as having moments of beauty alongside thrill/tension. Avengers Infinity Defense looks like Disney’s take on Spiderman at IOA, but as a fan of Spidey I’m very happy with it. And once again, they’ve opted to include tension and a villain rather than ‘training’ or ‘come party with the hero’s.’

I think Encanto looks promising. I like that they’re leaning into the animal aspect. Indy looks like it could be a vast improvement over Dinosaur. The fact that they’re playing into the Mayan theme and giving us an original story is very exciting.

The only addition I’m not sure of is Cars. If it truly replaces the ROA, it could ruin the park IMO. It will disrupt the flow and theme of that entire area, turning it into a concrete wasteland. However, if it goes Beyond Big Thunder in the spot Coco was originally planned for, it could be an excellent addition. It seems like they’ve opted to tell a story about national parks and the wilderness through the lense of Lightning McQueen and Mater rather than just calling it Cars: The Ride. The attractions look very promising, but where they end up being built will make or break the project. This area will be a great transition into villains land if it ends up going BBT though. It will have rustic forest feel opposed to the bayou, er, desert, of Frontierland, and this can easily be transitioned into a dark forest section of villains land.

Overall, we’re eating good as fans!

Last edited:

Jrb1979

They’ll have to remove capacity to add capacity, using existing parks. Disneyland has to do it because they’re landlocked, but there is room for 3 or 4 more parks at WDW. The sole purpose of having all of the land at WDW is so that they can keep building without having to remove things to do it. Removing Tom Sawyer Island, the Riverboat and the Rivers of America to build a Cars attraction is not adhering to Walt’s plan for WDW.
Again the majority of Disney guests only have ONE Weeks vacation at a time. Adding more parks will take attendance from the other parks as people only have so much time to do things.

WDWhopper

Walt's plan for WDW didn’t include Tom Sawyer or a Riverboat either. We can say “early imagineers,” we could even say “Roy Disney” if we wanted, but Walt wouldn’t care one bit if a theme park he never reallly wanted to build changed.
You missed my point. I don’t mean Walt’s plan for anything specific at Walt Disney World, but the fact that he wanted so much land that he would never have to remove things to add things. Here’s his quote in 1966 about The Florida Project, “Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland... the blessing of size.There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine."

MerlinTheGoat

Bob stayed on for a whole year during the worst part of the pandemic being the shadow-CEO.

I don't understand the narrative of "he bailed at first sight of COVID" when that's demonstrably not true.

Disney "fans": Iger will never leave.

Reality: He already left once. It's possible for him to leave.​

Disney "fans": Iger fled when COVID arrived.

Reality: He stayed on for a year during the worst of it pretty much saying he was still in charge.​
Don't be absurd. Iger retained most (if not all) of his power and influence even in his "advisor" role, and his undermining of Chapek continued even throughout the very short period of time (less than a year) he actually "left" the company. But Chapek nonetheless held the "title" of CEO and was therefore saddled with all of the blame for what happened in this time. As was the intent. Pretty much everything that happened under Chapek was a continuation of what Iger started. In fact, many of the things that Iger criticized Chapek for such as park admission hikes and Genie upcharges are now things that Iger has embraced and expanded upon.

What Iger did was he found a way to retain his power while offsetting the blame to someone else by having them wear the title. This behavior should not come as any surprise to anyone given that he has fired a number of other contenders to being his successor (before and also after Chapek) whenever he felt like they were becoming a threat to his power. Hence why after the storm was over, Chapek was also fired and stripped of the title and Iger took it back. But only after he felt the tides were favorable for him to fully wear it again and ride the wave of what he thought was inevitable recovery.

These comments aren't even personal speculation. Aside from it being obvious to anyone with a functioning brain, the WSJ also largely corroborated it as well.

mightynine

I’m not going to beat a dead horse on the IP thing, but it is a little encouraging these aren’t clones of existing stuff.

However, Disney doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt anymore from me, so I’ll await the finished product.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You missed my point. I don’t mean Walt’s plan for anything specific at Walt Disney World, but the fact that he wanted so much land that he would never have to remove things to add things. Here’s his quote in 1966 about The Florida Project, “Here in Florida, we have something special we never enjoyed at Disneyland... the blessing of size.There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and plans we can possibly imagine."
Stuff gets old and crappy or just dated.

They didn't HAVE TO rip out Energy to build Guardians. But Energy had poor satisfaction scores so there was no point in maintaining it as a museum piece

The things they replace are not beloved favorites, with one notable exception that we're not allowed to talk about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom