Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Ichabod Crane

You guys are overthinking it.

Thematic consistency comes from vibes. It doesn't have to actually make sense, it just has to FEEL kind of coherent.
Exactly, Splash Mountain which was set in Georgia didn’t inherently fit into the western Frontierland. But it was specifically designed so that it felt like it did. Would be a similar thing happening here.

Sir_Cliff

Thematic consistency comes from vibes. It doesn't have to actually make sense, it just has to FEEL kind of coherent.
Sure, but modern racing cars in Frontierland wouldn't feel coherent. I think the issue will be whether they do try and make this a kind of journey through time and separate whatever this new ride ends up being effectively from the rest of Frontierland so you're not, for example, standing in front of an old mine train and hearing modern racing cars zooming past in the background.

James Alucobond

This!! What ever happened to "the blessing of size" at WDW? It feels like nowadays they replace more than they expand. And for whatever reason, they keep getting rid of water features. Why??
I think RoA will likely persist in some shortened format. Also, the blessing of size doesn't mean they should commit to unlimited sprawl. If TSI is not pulling its weight, making people take an overlong walking path around it isn't terribly efficient.

The Chatbox Ghost

This, but also, Cars would still just feel out of place- going from a western town/early 20th century area (Tiana's is set in 1928) to a mining operation to 2000s Route 66 and NASCAR racing feels weird. Coco is by far the best fit for a Frontierland expansion, and everything past it should be villains.

Sneaky

OOHH, a park exclusive backbling code exclusive to DVC owners! Do I hear magnets being replaced with Fortnite items down the line?
Figment uses his rocket launcher to “spread imagination” around the battle island.

God the spread imagination part makes him sound like the unabomber

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The MK project seems to be going in a different direction than most of us thought

I don't believe that is on the cards

We'll see what actually gets announced tonight. One of the projects', ahem, redirections... was very, very recent.

I pity mostly the music director tonight.

Every slide in the deck that gets removed, replaced, or shuffled around requires a change-up in the music direction.

What if the laptop with the slides goes into a Microsoft update loop?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom