Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

CoasterFan27

I'm worried the the US stock market collapse today and the global uncertainty will delay and or cancel some of the investments planned. The news could not have come at a worse time for Disney and D23.
For some context, the stock market wobbles more than this on days when there isn't even cause for it. This is a reaction to Japan's stock market (driven by increasing their interest rates to combat currency deflation), and in the wobble most movement has been on tech stocks like Nvidia that analysts have been saying are overvalued for months.

You can be concerned when it's double digits in a day or sustained 20% loss over a week. Otherwise, if you look at a chart to compare with historic examples, it's all just short term uncertainty.

On topic, I'm surprised to see people suggest there haven't been cancelled/disappearing announcements but that's par for the course for these types of events in any industry. Hoping there's more concrete stuff than the last two which were absolutely full of placeholders to keep people excited.

RSoxNo1

Indeed, this.

Our insiders may have given us a detailed road map of all future builds, but that doesn't mean any of it will be announced at D23, even if it has been greenlit.

Marketing is in charge of announcements, and their concern is to keep a marketing buzz going perpetually. The idea of spilling everything in one swoop and having nothing to add for the next year or two is anathema to them.
Of course then there's also the thought exercises that they did in 2022 that really just left everyone confused. Some speculation...

Magic Kingdom
  • Thunder Mountain refurbishment with an eye towards expansion beyond Big Thunder
  • Possible Beyond Big Thunder details or updated concept art similar to how they presented Tropical America last September
  • Details on the area surrounding Tiana's Bayou Adventure / mini New Orleans
  • Moana attraction in Adventureland, possibly with a hotel
EPCOT
  • Details on Test Track
  • Imagination Overhaul
  • SSE Update
  • Wild Card: Wonders of Life, Inside Out 2, New World Showcase pavilion
DHS (I'd say all of these are a bit of a Wild Card)
  • Animation Courtyard updates
  • Rock 'n' Roller Coaster re-theme
  • Smugglers Run update
DAK
  • Tropical Americas update. I would expect the model to be on display in the Imagineering pavilion
  • Lion King and/or Pandora addition
  • Wild Card: Yeti repair
There needs to be major announcements here. Many of these things are improving upon / replacing what's already there. While that's a good thing, the additions / added capacity are also needed. They absolutely need to be aggressive here.

doctornick

With D23 being around the corner, I’m surprised that I haven’t seen much discussion about the future of the Rivers of America in Magic Kingdom. Some ”insiders” are saying it’s being filled in completely, and some “insiders” are saying it’s getting shortened. If you ask me, I believe that most of the river north of the maintenance canal will be filled in, resulting in something like this:

Maybe, who knows. I don't see the point. They have plenty of land north of the RoA to use that they don't have to touch the water. To me it seems silly to spend money doing so but I'm not sure what issues they have to contend with.

Splash4eva

Those weren’t cancelled and only were budget cut. These things have been happening years. It
I clearly stated dumbed down in my post which last i checked were budget cut… so everyone can keep defending Disney over their decisions and these announcements. They are useless and years away.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom