Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Gusey

It’s very unfortunate that d23 wasn’t scheduled for last weekend
If stuff does get cancelled because of recent market crashes, it's kind of good thing D23 is this weekend rather than last, or else we would have a repeat of 2019 when a lot of stuff announced by Disney themselves was cancelled. With it being this weekend, they can adjust their plans so anything getting announced will actually be built and some of the rumoured projects that aren't announced may just be delayed for a later date or cancelled without any public acknowledgment by Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's been a thing longer than D23 events have been around.

In the past, Disney has changed what was going to be announced an hour before the Parks presentation. It burned a few people with sources so now there are few, if any, credible insiders who will give D23 predictions because any information that was shared with them could be rendered moot at the drop of a hat. It has nothing to do with ferreting out who is leaking information.
…only one voice has merit in an oligarchy…the one with the key to the safe.

It’s never so obvious than when these grand announcements go poof!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m sure there will be some real things announced, but it anyone else excited for the Hyperion Wharf and Main Street Theater type announcements? 👀
It’s not a matter of “if?”

They HAVE to announce things. This is a survival game for the the egonut.

But before we get the snarky “victory” laps from the unwise…
The only that matters are timelines. That’s the only victory - when? Something that can be plotted on a strategic timeline.

Anything less is crap. A shell game

TOTS…in other words

Lilofan

Because a certain CEO wanted to burnish his resume in a way to show foreign policy experience in advance of a political run or in pursuit of a Cabinet-level position or an ambassadorship.
Our country is in bed with China for many years. 75% of our meds come from there and that’s just one example. This was typed from a device made there. Universal and Disney both have invested in China along with many US companies.

Last edited:

The Chatbox Ghost

Because a certain CEO wanted to burnish his resume in a way to show foreign policy experience in advance of a political run or in pursuit of a Cabinet-level position or an ambassadorship.
If that certain CEO runs for president I hope everyone makes fun of him to the point he drops out. We don't need businessmen with zero political experience running the country, especially not one who ruined the soul and image of one of America's most beloved companies.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If stuff does get cancelled because of recent market crashes, it's kind of good thing D23 is this weekend rather than last, or else we would have a repeat of 2019 when a lot of stuff announced by Disney themselves was cancelled. With it being this weekend, they can adjust their plans so anything getting announced will actually be built and some of the rumoured projects that aren't announced may just be delayed for a later date or cancelled without any public acknowledgment by Disney.
It’s highly suspect that would happen anyway

The Chatbox Ghost

What’s the over-under on Disney characters in Small World? I goofed and mentioned it to a little girl in my family who took it as a promise that it’s happening. No more rumor sharing with nieces and nephews! 😬
Semi-related, but I always thought the Disney characters should've been put in the WDW one and the DL one be left untouched since it's the original version, and the park is less touristy.

Splash4eva

Ive never understood the excitement or draw of this event…
Disney has proven over years that what is announced literally almost always gets dumbed down or removed completely. & what gets completed usually takes God knows how many years to actually happen. Its to a point its a non event
I’m sure there will be some real things announced, but is anyone else excited for the Hyperion Wharf and Main Street Theater type announcements? 👀
nde

Lilofan

I'm worried the the US stock market collapse today and the global uncertainty will delay and or cancel some of the investments planned. The news could not have come at a worse time for Disney and D23.
Companies will be affected hopefully not many will go the "restructuring" route.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ive never understood the excitement or draw of this event…
Disney has proven over years that what is announced literally almost always gets dumbed down or removed completely. & what gets completed usually takes God knows how many years to actually happen. Its to a point its a non event

nde
Yeah…it’s just the age in which we live.

It’s 99% PR Stunt

Old cogers like me miss the days when they’d put up walls with a “coming soon” teaser sign nailed to it and you’d see guys behind the wall getting after it…
…a year or two later you’d be in line.

Nope. Far too simple to run recreation spots like they should be relaxing now.

Tech company and all 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom