Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

peter11435

Ive never understood the excitement or draw of this event…
Disney has proven over years that what is announced literally almost always gets dumbed down or removed completely. & what gets completed usually takes God knows how many years to actually happen. Its to a point its a non event

nde
Outside of covid related cuts the vast majority of what has been announced at d23 events has happened.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The market is really bad, this however is not the time for Disney to buckle. THEY NEED TO INVEST. This is literally one of the most important moments for the parks division and (to a lesser extent) the company as a whole.
Not to disagree with your premise…

But how does Disney “invest” in parks to increase their business?

The problem is management Philosophy.

Lilofan

The market is really bad, this however is not the time for Disney to buckle. THEY NEED TO INVEST. This is literally one of the most important moments for the parks division and (to a lesser extent) the company as a whole.
During the recession of 2009 when there were nationwide layoffs, homeowners losing their homes etc, Disney bought Marvel for $4B.

Gusey

In terms of actual D23 announcements that were cancelled, it was:
  • Pixie Hollow, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty meet and greet for New Fantasyland (replaced by 7 Dwarfs & Storybook Circus) - 2009
  • Main Street Theater - 2017
  • Mary Poppins (teacups), Festival Center and Spaceship Earth update - 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only cut from before Covid that comes to mind (I’m positive there’s more) is the Main Street Theater
No…I meant big brain Bob did nothing for ten years…then did a “grand” building program for 10…

And in Orlando we have no progress from the start point in the wash. More timeshares though

I believe they claimed poverty and cancelled wonders of life too?

But the frustration is also that everything they take 5 years to Is underequipped as well.

Billions don’t get you much these days

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

"We've been aware of Universal's plans for a new park for more than a decade. And we have a sophisticated approach to analyzing the needs of all of our businesses and strategically deploying capital." - Bob Iger

peter11435

In terms of actual D23 announcements that were cancelled, it was:
  • Pixie Hollow, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty meet and greet for New Fantasyland (replaced by 7 Dwarfs & Storybook Circus) - 2009
  • Main Street Theater - 2017
  • Mary Poppins (teacups), Festival Center and Spaceship Earth update - 2019

The theater is the only one on your list that was really a cut and was not COVID related

peter11435

I honestly thought the Festival Center was a non-Covid-related cut due to the "Bob Shuffle" at the top. 🤷‍♂️ SSE seemed to fade into obscurity, much like the Play! Pavilion plans (although the latter was very much Covid-impacted).
SSE closing date was scheduled and announced. Vendors and contractors were lined up and ready to go. If not for Covid it would have happened.

Splash4eva

The only cut from before Covid that comes to mind (I’m positive there’s more) is the Main Street Theater
Last i checked 7D was a thumbed down version of the ride… SDD was also. Lets not discuss the extra ride SWL lost along with Pandora and the TSL “phase 2”. Come on you guys cant be serious. The list can go on and on but its not even worth mentioning any more. Oh wait lets do so. Mary Poppins attraction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom