Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TTA94

Original Poster
I agree and am hoping for the best— but it’s tricky for Disney because (if the rumors here are accurate) they are already seeing substantial drop off in demand for 2024-2025 and if they announce all the awesome things that will come in 2026-2028 (and does anybody think they can get much built before 2026?) it might further discourage guests from actually showing up and/or renewing passes for the next 18 months.

Fully agree. Sure it will be great to hear about plans for the future but some stuff for the near future and 2025 should be a bigger focus. So far the only rumors for 2025 is the night parade and TT 3.0.

GenChi

Don't believe it for a second, but now I'm REALLY thinking of that person who said to look for a 3 decade old show in Studios, and Jungle Book tying into Talespin...

GenChi

I believe they revealed that they were referring to the Simpsons

See yeah that's far more believable and almost far too obvious with the Universal deal about to end and how Studios would be the best fit for the property.

Know they are trying to make a TS revival so it did made me think just for a second, and man would a DA show getting a full scale ride like that be cool

maleficentfan

Jungle Book-AK
Wish-MK
Snow White-MK
Zootopia-HS/AK

That would be nice but what about the Lion King attraction?

They should build both but spreading out costs it’s more important to the shareholders.

Almost wondering if Snow is a hint towards the Villains. Snow already has the 7DMT. And I'm sure Disney is smart enough to not use the Evil Queen as that would be a dead giveaway if they're trying to keep the Villain area a surprise.

TheRealSkull

Plus the embarrassing state of DL's Tomorrowland.
That would be something else worth announcing considering the state it's been in plus the past two D23s rumors were circulating that indeed a New Tomorrowland would be coming.

I've always said a New Tomorrowland isn't worth building unless you demo everything, save Space Mountain and the Monorail (maybe the lagoon).

BrianLo

Though certainly not unexpected, Josh did affirm they’ll talk about DAK and MK projects. In most other years that’s largely considered a stronger D23 for WDW.

I’m trying to expectation set a bit. But then I also have to remind myself that D23 2017 includes the overlap of both DHS and Epcot and both of them at the time were more ambitious than DAK and MK projects respectively. They still found a place for Tron and had a fairly major resort project in the Skyliner. Ya I know Epcot… but even what they did deliver is technically a bigger project than the first part of MK (Moana and Coco).

So while I don’t want to get ahead of myself on Lion King or a DHS project… they do have a precedent to be juggling so many things. Plus this decade is supposed to be an uptick by about 50%…

Sneakman

Almost wondering if Snow is a hint towards the Villains. Snow already has the 7DMT. And I'm sure Disney is smart enough to not use the Evil Queen as that would be a dead giveaway if they're trying to keep the Villain area a surprise.
Live action remake is apparently still happening

BrianLo

I can’t seem them doing anything with Wish. I did like the music and the main character/villain.

Are the streaming numbers good for it?

No, not remotely good enough. Nor did she get the all important placement into the Princess marketing roster.

Much, much more likely to see Elemental, Turning Red or Luca presences. All of which were quite strong. Luca appeared two years in a row as a top ten streamed movie across all streamers. I suspect elemental to repeat a top ten appearance. I actually suspect Elemental will have higher streaming numbers than wish this year, even though it debuted last year. Encanto was only a half step above these and barely in the case of Elemental, which surprises people likely. Elemental was a big, big hit in the end.

With Inside Out, Wreck it Ralph, Big Hero Six, Zootopia (though maybe that has a plan) all not really utilized at WDW. Plus Encanto, Coco, Moana on the docket; there’s far too many distractions for them to land on Wish if they want something ‘recent’.

wdwfan4ver

hiiiii <3

Yeah I was referring to Simpsons. Just keep tabs on those rumors, they're gonna pick up once Uni drops the shoe on Springfield and does Pokémon.
Don't expect Simpsons to be announced at D23 this year or a few more D23s for that matter.

I watched Theme Park Stop youtube video that was uploaded last week, and the video mentioned the plans of getting a rid of Simpsons land in 2025 is not happening. Alicia Stella mentioned Universal wants to keep Simpsons Land until the near of that contract. That means 2027 or 2028.

Theme Park Stop also mentioned Pokemon opening in USF would be in 2030.

The problem with Simpsons land right now for getting a rid of is Universal wants to get a rid of Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and replace it before Simpsons Land closes.

eddie104

Don't expect Simpsons to be announced at D23 this year or a few more D23s for that matter.

I watched Theme Park Stop youtube video that was uploaded last week, and the video mentioned the plans of getting a rid of Simpsons land in 2025 is not happening. Alicia Stella mentioned Universal wants to keep Simpsons Land until the near of that contract. That means 2027 or 2028.

Theme Park Stop also mentioned Pokemon opening in USF would be in 2030.

The problem with Simpsons land right now for getting a rid of is Universal wants to get a rid of Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and replace it before Simpsons Land closes.
I was about to mention the same thing.
Much, much more likely to see Elemental, Turning Red or Luca presences.
Turning Red- HS
Luca-Epcot
Elemental-HS

This just my ideas but that would be cool to see what Imagineering could do with those properties.

I think the aesthetics of Wish could make awesome attraction kind of like Tangled but I understand it wasn’t a blockbuster hit.

TTA94

Original Poster
Careful what you wish for.

TBA is unlike anything they’ve ever done before either. So was Galactic Starcruiser. And the Fort Wilderness DVC cabins. And the Polyday Inn. And Harmonius.

Unfortunately you’re right. It seems like the majority of everything they have been doing has turned into either a disaster, disappointment and or fits in the “just ok” category. As sad as it is to say the odds of things changing moving forward is slim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom