Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Turning Red- HS
Luca-Epcot
Elemental-HS

This just my ideas but that would be cool to see what Imagineering could do with those properties.
The GP doesn't care about these properties, for better or worse. I teach high school boys and they never reference anything from these films. My own niece and nephews haven't seen them. I haven't seen them. So I can't say whether or not they would make good theme park attractions. But I can tell you that no one is going to say, "Wow! An Elemental meet-and-greet! Now we really need to go to Hollywood Studios!"

eddie104

The GP doesn't care about these properties, for better or worse. I teach high school boys and they never reference anything from these films. My own niece and nephews haven't seen them. I haven't seen them. So I can't say whether or not they would make good theme park attractions. But I can tell you that no one is going to say, "Wow! An Elemental meet-and-greet! Now we really need to go to Hollywood Studios!"
That may be true of people in your circle but not everyone is not oblivious to these films.

Turning Red was definitely popular among a certain demographic. Building attractions is not always about a popularity contest.

With the advent of streaming deciphering what was a success is becoming harder.

Last edited:

GenChi

I don't even think a solid D23 showing is good enough at this point. They need results, they need their stuff to be as widely praised as Fantasy Springs. They can announce as many generic 2010s and beyond IPs being added in rides and "immersive experiences" announcements as they want, but that won't change that the hardcores (at least the type that would go onto a Disney forum) are too jaded that any announcement is thought as never actually getting made, going to be far reduced in scope compared to what is promised, or is simply going to be so corporate boardroom planned that it's making the base attraction or overall parks worse.

Trust in Imagineering is real low to accomplish anything promised in these media events, and most don't even want them to touch things that need revamps. That's a serious issue, and one that more promises to the media isn't changing, only those announcements living up to standards when opening regains trust.

bwr827

They can announce as many generic 2010s and beyond IPs being added in rides and "immersive experiences" announcements as they want, but that won't change that the hardcores (at least the type that would go onto a Disney forum) are too jaded
Agreed - so if I were them I wouldnโ€™t be trying to please the โ€œhardcoresโ€ with their D23 announcements. That (this?) audience wonโ€™t be receptive until they see final results. And even then, impossible to please everyone.

In the meantime, they can generate interest from โ€œnormiesโ€ who can be genuinely excited about new experiences.

KatiebugFan

I don't even think a solid D23 showing is good enough at this point. They need results, they need their stuff to be as widely praised as Fantasy Springs. They can announce as many generic 2010s and beyond IPs being added in rides and "immersive experiences" announcements as they want, but that won't change that the hardcores (at least the type that would go onto a Disney forum) are too jaded that any announcement is thought as never actually getting made, going to be far reduced in scope compared to what is promised, or is simply going to be so corporate boardroom planned that it's making the base attraction or overall parks worse.

Trust in Imagineering is real low to accomplish anything promised in these media events, and most don't even want them to touch things that need revamps. That's a serious issue, and one that more promises to the media isn't changing, only those announcements living up to standards when opening regains trust.
That's the thing... you can never please the "hardcores" of any group. They will always find something to complain about.

DCLcruiser

Wish is the prequel for just about every Disney animated movie. So, it's already baked into everything in the vault. I could see it being utilized in the parks.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Turning Red and Luca have characters that I'd love to see around the park (they are already at Disneyland for Pixar Fest and, IMHO, I think they are really well done), but I struggle to see how you do anything more with those films than little Easter Eggs or Meet and Greets).

Elemental has a bit more "substance" to it and world building and I think Elemental would be much better set-up for an attraction (or at least something more than just a meet & greet).

Wish... well, overall, I don't think the franchise as a whole needs (deserves?) an attraction, but there are highlights from the film that could be worth plucking. Valentino was for sure a highlight... a meet in greet with Asha and a (talking) Valentino could be VERY fun. Luma was also a nice touch and could be used possibly as a host for a night time show (drone show?). I think the song "At All Costs" is ripe for being utilized for a night time show (again, drone or fireworks).

eddie104

Fantasy Springs uses Peter Pan, Tangled and Frozen as IPโ€™s.

One of those already had an attraction at their castle park so Iโ€™m just brainstorming what they can do for BBTM besides Cars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom