Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

doctornick

It absolutely is smart to focus on Disneyland. Disneyland has always been the forgotten resort, and it’s starting to show in the parks. A lot of big stuff coming to Walt Disney World. We know that. They need to be putting the same amount of attention on Disneyland. If this is Disneyland time to shine, I’m all for it.

There's been reasonable similar investments in both resorts - even though WDW has twice as many parks - in recent years but the main different is that DLR tends to somehow get additions (MMRR, Galaxy's Edge) when WDW often has been getting replacements. WDW needs a lot of expansion and additional capacity.

Chef idea Mickey`=

There's been reasonable similar investments in both resorts - even though WDW has twice as many parks - in recent years but the main different is that DLR tends to somehow get additions (MMRR, Galaxy's Edge) when WDW often has been getting replacements. WDW needs a lot of expansion and additional capacity.

Ohh snap I forgot about this major difference! Yes we somehow have to pay the price of sadly saying goodbye something over something vs Disneyland!

doctornick

WDW has twice as many parks (three times as many if you count the water parks), WDW probably gets twice the total attendance, and has (I'd guess) 10 times as many hotel rooms to fill. If it was just about "equity" WDW should be seeing (at least) twice the number of major attraction announcements as DLR, but there's more to the decision of where to add new stuff than that...

This. Both resorts "deserve" attention and investment and the company should certainly not ignore one just to feed the other. But WDW should consistently be getting 2-3 times the amount of investment as DLR simply due to the differences in resort sizes and attendance.

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No

Another disgusting article from the same person who said moana should have replaced splash and that fantasy springs was a disaster.

Gusey

Since DLP seems to be getting more attention this year (Normally it's 2 minutes or less), let's all remember that each resort deserves a bit of love from Disney. It's Hong Kong I'm worried most about as there are no announced projects for that park other than a Marvel attraction being hinted at recently

Kamikaze

Yes. Look at the amount of stuff that WDW has that DL doesn’t. I don’t even just mean attraction wise. They don’t even have up to date Magic Band capabilities yet.
1) The only ride (excluding the AK stuff thats not really possible to do it with) worth porting from WDW to DLR is Cosmic Rewind, and DLR already has a Guardians attraction.

2) Who cares about MagicBands.

TheMaxRebo

I’m not sure if they capacity limited this convention…. But apart from ‘nope-ing’ off Lorcana it’s shockingly pleasant.

Like it’s noon and the food truck lines are only a few people deep. I did standby for the Pixar and Disney director panel and showed up 15 minutes prior. Plenty of seats.

Looks like everyone was in line for the Muppets

BrianLo

Not sure if this made its way to you guys yet. Avatar pavilion is very well done. They are releasing new shoulder banshees in November that are automated and will interact with other ones.

IMG_9092.jpeg
IMG_9094.jpeg
IMG_9096.jpeg
IMG_9098.jpeg
IMG_9090.jpeg

Sir_Cliff

Since DLP seems to be getting more attention this year (Normally it's 2 minutes or less), let's all remember that each resort deserves a bit of love from Disney. It's Hong Kong I'm worried most about as there are no announced projects for that park other than a Marvel attraction being hinted at recently
It does depend somewhat to what extent it makes sense to make Hong Kong or Shanghai-specific announcements at D23 in Anaheim. Those markets probably aren't really paying much attention to the announcements, and particularly in Hong Kong they also have to demonstrate they are using public money effectively, which is odd in and of itself!

Paris strikes me as more middle ground as it seems a bit more integrated into the whole 'DisneyParks' universe with the US parks since Disney took it over. Still, they tend to do their own thing focused on the French/European market.

doctornick

Yeah but the Blessing of size isn't used as a Blessing right now which is becoming quite ridiculous! 🤪

Yes. They've investing a ton of money at WDW in the past decade or so for marginal capacity games. Because they keep replacing instead of building additional. Pandora, Tron and Ratatouille are really the only substantial "additions" we've seen to the parks at WDW in recent times. Meanwhile, a bunch of stuff like SWGE, TSL, MMRR, Cosmic Rewind, JoW (and the Epcot Hub in general), TBA, CBJ, etc are all just replacements for what was in that space prior. And stuff like the SGE space and WoL still sit empty and unused (could say the same about the VOLTM theater but it is supposed to finally be used but even so leaving it empty for so long is terrible).

TheMaxRebo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom