Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
Everyone, even if we do get stuff other than tropical America’s and the parade, think logically, Disneyland forward just got greenlit, and the Olympics are coming to LA in 2028. This is disneylands year. I don’t think we aren’t getting anything, because that’s foolish. We will get the big expansions we’ve been hoping for, and from what we’ve been hearing, even potentially figment and sse redos! Unfortunately though, in order to get to them, we will likely have to wait until the later end of the decade. It sucks, but that’s what happens.

Bob Iger just blamed Disneyland Paris struggling on the Olympics and tourism in Paris overall is down due to the Olympics. That should make them think twice about prioritizing anything for the Olympics coming to LA in 2028.

doctornick

I don’t think Disneyland Foward would be ready for 2028. Too much to do. Avatar, Avengers maybe some more is way more realistic.
I’m still confused as to where Avatar is going in DLR. I think the Backlot area of DCA, right? Replacing the Monsters Inc ride and some assorted buildings there, right?

Kaity1014

I could be wrong on some of this so anyone feel free to correct.

Updated:

Magic Kingdom:
•Beyond Thunder Mountain (More details)
•Moana attraction to Adventureland expansion plot (not yet announced)
•Nighttime Parade (Not yet announced)

Epcot:
•Test Track 3.0 (More details)

Hollywood Studios:
•Animation Courtyard redo (not yet announced)

Animal Kingdom:
•Tropical Americas (More details)
•Possible additional attraction elsewhere in the park (Lion King / Avatar)
•Maybe a nighttime show?

just read ab a monsters inc coaster at Hollywood studios replacing frozen ever after and just so happened to see a recent permit for the area, so throwing this out there if no one has yet :)

Mr. Sullivan

Focusing majority on Disneyland wouldn't be smart. Yeah it'll be the 70th and they are going to have a 3rd gate blue sky which will be the biggest news easily. But they also aren't having Epic Universe right on their doorstep. There's no concern right now for Disneyland with that competition. 2026 is when they'll be closer to being concrete in plans for the new gate and it'll be the same situation then.

It's not like EU is going to end WDW remotely obviously. And it's not like we won't get some announcements. But if it's nothing but Tropic Americas as a direct confirmation while Disneyland gets all this stuff, including a new gate being the huge focus which still might be a decade from opening, it's kinda indicating they don't care about combating EU or are ceding to it. Which is leaving WDW out in favor of DL at the one moment it needs to make an impact most
It absolutely is smart to focus on Disneyland. Disneyland has always been the forgotten resort, and it’s starting to show in the parks. A lot of big stuff coming to Walt Disney World. We know that. They need to be putting the same amount of attention on Disneyland. If this is Disneyland time to shine, I’m all for it.

Sneaky

It absolutely is smart to focus on Disneyland. Disneyland has always been the forgotten resort, and it’s starting to show in the parks. A lot of big stuff coming to Walt Disney World. We know that. They need to be putting the same amount of attention on Disneyland. If this is Disneyland time to shine, I’m all for it.
Honestly, wdw fans kinda deserve this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom