Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TrainsOfDisney

A lot of people are really optimistic
When I’ve been there in person even Chapek made me a little optimistic! It’s a really fun experience and I’m sad I’m missing out this year when I didn’t end up working this weekend anyways.

Disney is in a strange place right now - as a fan, very little that modern Disney has done interests or impresses me with a few exceptions like Encanto. But I love the history of the company and it’s clear that some within imagineering and parks understand the nostalgia factor.

It’s a very strange time to be a Disney fan. Haha

James Alucobond

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Part of me hopes (wishes) that if Villains & Moana were to come to Magic Kingdom then they would get their Attraction/Land naming as Fire Mountain (Moana) and Bald Mountain (Villains)
Moana in particular will likely be just one attraction, so I don’t know that it would make sense for it to be named as if it were a sub-land. They could resurrect it for the attraction name, but Moana is also more typically associated with water. For name changes, if they end up going the Fantasyland route of subdividing Frontierland into zones, I’d honestly love seeing everything along Rivers of America folded into one thing that encompasses Liberty Square (same boundaries), the River Delta (Country Bears, Tiana, Harpers Mill), and Thunder Mesa (Big Thunder Mountain, Coco).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Rise of the Resistance is an amazing dark ride. Guardians is one of the most fun coasters on the planet. Pandora was very well done. Tiana is a good update of Splash.
Tron is a fun coaster.
Name another Disney decade with a better attraction lineup.
The 1980's. The 1990's. The first 6 years of the 2000's (because nothing was added after that until the 2010's).

Vegas Disney Fan

I was about to say that it doesn't matter what they announce as it will be followed by post after post saying nothing they announced will ever happen. But, I was beaten to it.
To be fair that’s Disneys own fault, they’ve created a fairly reliable pattern of announcing and then cancelling, or downsizing, half the projects they’ve announced over the last decade.

If someone consistently says they’ll do things, and then they don’t, it shouldn’t be surprising when people stop believing them. I’m excited to see what they announce but at the same time I’ll be shocked if half of it ever breaks ground.

Gusey

Some other site is reporting that two secret rooms at D23 will open during the event featuring upcoming projects.
Yeah, Bruce Vaughn's speech to media on Thursday confirmed 2 rooms will open on Sunday after Saturday's panel, likely showcasing some of the announcements. I know us DLP fans are also speculating that they may add the next land to the Disney Adventure World model on Sunday too as there is a lot of empty space

peter11435

The first 6 years of the 2000's
So Mission Space, PhilharMagic, soarin, Everest, Primevel Whirl, Triceratops Spin, Magic Carpets of Aladdin over…

Flight of Passage, Navi, Ratatouille, Cosmic Rewind, Journey of Water, Runaway Railway, Smugglers Run, Rise of the Resistance, Tiana, Tron, Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky…

I just don’t see it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom