Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

peter11435

saying what big things they announce won't be delivered for a number of years and won't end up being exactly as the concept art looks like isn't negative or pessimistic... it's fact and reality... nothing more.

I would love for those shovels to have already been in the ground and big things opening next year, but they have drug their feet, and now we have to wait for whatever they announce to actually be built and happen.

Sorry I'm not wetting my pants in excitement yet
Focusing on only the negative aspects of something is without a doubt negative and pessimistic.

We know things will take time and will be years away. It doesn’t really need to be stated constantly or be used to diminish the announcements and people’s excitement surrounding them.

Bocabear

That’s just the thing, reality isn’t always positive. You are correct about that, but it’s not always negative either. And you ARE being pessimistic.
It's hard to not be pessimistic with the current track record...
I will applaud the GOTG ride...It is a lot of fun...my favorite coaster at the WDW resort.
The rest of the EPCOT revitalization is pretty disappointing. We got lots of happy blue skies and unicorns and then after years of constuction, got a corporate business park and a flex space building...oh yeah, a water play area too.
I try to be positive...they have just not given me much to be hopeful for lately...
I would LOVE to be optimistic.....

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Focusing on only the negative aspects of something is without a doubt negative and pessimistic.

We know things will take time and will be years away. It doesn’t really need to be stated constantly or be used to diminish the announcements and people’s excitement surrounding them.
sorry to rain on your parade... you can be as excited as you want to be... have at it... but at some point, you'll realize what I stated is true. It's not being negative or pessimistic.

I've been around long enough. I'll get excited when something opens, is done well, and works. Others can get excited whenever they want. No harm no foul

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It's hard to not be pessimistic with the current track record...
I will applaud the GOTG ride...It is a lot of fun...my favorite coaster at the WDW resort.
The rest of the EPCOT revitalization is pretty disappointing. We got lots of happy blue skies and unicorns and then after years of constuction, got a corporate business park and a flex space building...oh yeah, a water play area too.
I try to be positive...they have just not given me much to be hopeful for lately...
I would LOVE to be optimistic.....
👆this... all of it

peter11435

sorry to rain on your parade... you can be as excited as you want to be... have at it... but at some point, you'll realize what I stated is true. It's not being negative or pessimistic.

I've been around long enough. I'll get excited when something opens, is done well, and works. Others can get excited whenever they want. No harm no foul
You’re not raining on my parade at all lol. My expectations are solidly based in reality.

But you are being negative and pessimistic. You should at least be able to realize that. Even if their past projects have led you to that mindset… that’s still where you are.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
You’re not raining on my parade at all lol. My expectations are solidly based in reality.

But you are being negative and pessimistic. You should at least be able to realize that.
again... sorry you feel my facts are negative and pessimistic.

When Disney delivers what they announce, and it's good, I'll be positive and give credit where credit is due...until then, I'll facepalm at the recent track record of things like the underwhelming Epcot redo and Tiana's attraction/reliability

Hey I like the new chairs and carpet in the Carousel of Progress though, good for them there. Does that help?

peter11435

again... sorry you feel my facts are negative and pessimistic.

When Disney delivers what they announce, and it's good, I'll be positive and give credit where credit is due...until then, I'll facepalm at the recent track record of things like the underwhelming Epcot redo and Tiana's attraction/reliability

Hey I like the new chairs and carpet in the Carousel of Progress though, good for them there. Does that help?
But it’s clear that you won’t do that. They’ve delivered on several attractions in the past decade and you seem to only be focusing on a couple of misses.

Bocabear

But it’s clear that you won’t do that. They’ve delivered on several attractions in the past decade and you seem to only be focusing on a couple of misses.
ok...I don't think we need to completely derail this thread with a personal attack. Everyone has opinions... You don't like the opinion, that is fine...but we don't have to discuss your personal feeling about that opinion for another 30 posts.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It's a pretty low bar when you feel forced to rejoice over maintenance at The Carousel of Progress...Yes I like the fabric. Nice to see someone put some thought into the fabric chosen for the maintenance of the theater seating...
oh i just thought of another positive thing I can say... Tiana's mountain looks pretty good at night with all the lighting effects.... unfortunately, that's how Pandora should look but the park closes too early to enjoy it

Last edited:

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
tell me what they've delivered on recently that should make me super excited about future plans?

Guardians is good. Well done there. Remy is ok but it's a copy from another park. TRON is neat looking at night but is way too short and a copy from another park. Tiana is a mess. Country Bears, well they improved the AA's I'll give them that. Communicore Hall is an embarrassment. Epcot's core was not well done, cheap lighting, a Moana fountain walkthru that doesn't fit the Epcot vibe, etc. what did I miss over the last few years

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom