Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Stripes

Premium Member

A Disney executive cursing in front of the media during d23 was not on my 2024 bingo card.
“After Saturday night we’ve got two reveal rooms because Josh D’Amaro is going to be doing a lot of announcements and those reveal rooms will be opening Sunday morning. We love repeat visitation, as you know, so you’re going to have to come back Sunday if you want to get in there and see some really cool sh** that is brand new and is on the horizon.”

”With that, I know you’ve all been hungry for something beyond Blue Sky. Blue Sky is really fun, but you know what? Building, delivering, putting shovels in the dirt is even better. So that’s what this year is all about and the next decade is all about.”

-Bruce Vaughn

vikescaper

Line watch 2024 - 10:30 PM Update:

A line has formed at the Grand Plaza security checkpoint. It is already past hotel way. This will probably be my only update until morning. Best of luck to all D23 attendees.
I want to add that I am not getting in line this early. I’m just waiting for food to be delivered and figured I would go walk to see how the line is doing.

vikescaper

BTW, here is the signage for the Anaheim buses to the Honda Center.
IMG_2893.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

I am sad I’m not there!
I love that he is clearly stoked about what’s to come, and I have to imagine that was a slip of the tongue,
My thoughts too… he’s not a professional live speaker, he was clearly excited.

Also not the first public cuss from a head of imagineering… one of the chapters in Marty Sklars book is titled “tell IBM to go to hell” - a Disney editions book haha.

TP2000

A Disney executive cursing in front of the media during d23 was not on my 2024 bingo card.

If he had been merely a ride operator, or any hourly CM in the Parks or the Cruise Line, and he cursed like that in front of paying guests just like this, he would be immediately fired. Especially with a microphone in his hand delivering prepared remarks at a major public media event.

Funny how that works, isn't it? Rule for thee, but not for me. 🤔

If I were an hourly CM who slipped up and cursed at some nutjob Karen yelling at me about a broken down ride, I would immediately play this video of Bruce Vaughn as senior executive in the same Parks division that the hourly CM's work in, at the little HR meeting where they tried to give me my final paycheck.

Sir_Cliff

Too much killjoys in this thread.

Maybe let’s wait until this is done first…
I was about to say that it doesn't matter what they announce as it will be followed by post after post saying nothing they announced will ever happen. But, I was beaten to it.

We shall see how much of that is actually announced this weekend, and how much of what IS announced actually gets built and opens.

-

Lilofan

If he had been merely a ride operator, or any hourly CM in the Parks or the Cruise Line, and he cursed like that in front of paying guests just like this, he would be immediately fired. Especially with a microphone in his hand delivering prepared remarks at a major public media event.

Funny how that works, isn't it? Rule for thee, but not for me. 🤔

If I were an hourly CM who slipped up and cursed at some nutjob Karen yelling at me about a broken down ride, I would immediately play this video of Bruce Vaughn as senior executive in the same Parks division that the hourly CM's work in, at the little HR meeting where they tried to give me my final paycheck.
Something like former Animation head John Lasseter who had misconduct issues but had a cast member assigned to him to ensure he behaved moving forward? He still ended up leaving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom