Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

TP2000

In defense of Josh actual people like him and still do in the parks and Chapek was clearly coasting up the chain and people who interacted with him personally hated him. I have worked with people like Chapek in parks before. They will cut any and all entertainment if it makes them look good or they need to come up with their own shows.

I do get what you're saying. Chapek was a charmless and unlikable hack. You'd hate to have to sit next to him at a dinner party, or on a long plane ride, or work for him or with him. And absolutely no one misses him now that he's fired and erased from history like after a bad night in the Kremlin. I am left to wonder how thrilled Mrs. Chapek is to have him around the house a lot more nowadays?

On the flip side, D'Amaro is charming and likable and has a winning smile and a runner's physique and a Cool Dad wardrobe from Nordstrom. But it's been years now, and under his watch the Parks have all gone downhill, the CM standards for showmanship and professionalism have crashed into the basement, and there's not ONE SINGLE NEW THING currently being built at any of the 6 Disney parks in the USA. Not a new parade, not a new ride, not even a new snack bar.

D'Amaro has brought us nothing but vague and hazy concept art of Blue Sky projects that may, or may not, ever happen.

A winning smile and a runner's physique with no real results or improvement can only get you by for a year or two. And that year or two ended for D'Amaro back in 2023, thanks to extra padding from Covid.

I look forward to hearing what D'Amaro says this weekend in Anaheim, and how he says it. 🧐

mickEblu

I do get what you're saying. Chapek was a charmless and unlikable hack. You'd hate to have to sit next to him at a dinner party, or on a long plane ride, or work for him or with him. And absolutely no one misses him now that he's fired and erased from history like after a bad night in the Kremlin. I am left to wonder how thrilled Mrs. Chapek is to have him around the house a lot more nowadays?

On the flip side, D'Amaro is charming and likable and has a winning smile and a runner's physique and a Cool Dad wardrobe from Nordstrom. But it's been years now, and under his watch the Parks have all gone downhill, the CM standards for showmanship and professionalism have crashed into the basement, and there's not ONE SINGLE NEW THING currently being built at any of the 6 Disney parks in the USA. Not a new parade, not a new ride, not even a new snack bar.

D'Amaro has brought us nothing but vague and hazy concept art of Blue Sky projects that may, or may not, ever happen.

A winning smile and a runner's physique with no real results or improvement can only get you by for a year or two. And that year or two ended for D'Amaro back in 2023, thanks to extra padding from Covid.

I look forward to hearing what D'Amaro says this weekend in Anaheim, and how he says it. 🧐

D’Amaro is just a Poor Man’s Iger.

Homemade Imagineering

The amount of people still thinking we'll hear about Imagination is crazy to me. It really shouldn't be considering we do this every year, but there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people for the 20th year in a row when they don't announce it yet again.
Yeah I’m not getting my expectations high this year. Was a little surprised to see the amount of confidence myself, but to me as long as they’re truly committed to JII internally, that’s what’s most important. If what’s been indicated by you and a few others here, that Epcot 50 deadline sounds promising, and they better deliver by then, because I can’t imagine they can keep burning us on this much longer. The least they can do by 2032 is have a quality JII V4 opened to the public. It really shouldn’t be that difficult, but here we are with JIIWF 20 plus years later

mickEblu

It appears that is the case. But his winning smile and runner's physique bought him at least two years of fan goodwill.

Now that it's 2024 and NOTHING is happening in any American theme park, that goodwill is over. And D23 Expo starts in about 36 hours. Tick, tick, tick....

haha yeah he ran out of the goodwill a while ago. It was all downhill after the MMRR announcement for Disneyland a few years ago.

Lilofan

If Josh can’t deliver in the future it may be in the cards for him to spend more time with family

MouseEarsMom33

The amount of people still thinking we'll hear about Imagination is crazy to me. It really shouldn't be considering we do this every year, but there's gonna be a lot of disappointed people for the 20th year in a row when they don't announce it yet again.
The reasons I think we might hear something are 1) Disney went out of their way to post Figment visiting their offices so something is/was up. 2) if the large sun in the middle of the poster is Spaceship Earth and with the Horizons theme, I think we might be getting some big EPCOT news

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The reasons I think we might hear something are 1) Disney went out of their way to post Figment visiting their offices so something is/was up. 2) if the large sun in the middle of the poster is Spaceship Earth and with the Horizons theme, I think we might be getting some big EPCOT news
I'm sure we'll hear lots of new stuff... I won't believe any of it (especially concept art) until I see it open

bwr827

By the "someone" comment I was mostly referring to fictional characters people here fret about (take your pick between; Figment, Muppets, Everest Yeti, Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress, etc etc) but... hm, the D'Amaro stuff makes sense, but I don't know stuff like that, full honesty.
It would make zero sense to plan an executive firing for a fan event. Less than zero.

What is D23, the Roman colosseum?

bmr1591

Unfortunately, we don’t get a behind the scenes look at what Josh has or hasn’t campaigned or pushed for. He may be comfortable coasting, but he also might be pushing for stuff people above him wont allow to move forward.

My personal biggest concern are the terrible blue sky pitches we have seen. Some simply miss the entire vision of the theme park.

Parker41056

MK:
-Beyond Big Thunder Info with Coco announced as Phase 1. Still see Villains lurking in the dark in new concept art.
-New Nighttime Parade
-Buzz Lightyear conversion to Wreck it Ralph
-Moana Attraction

EPCOT:
-New details for Test Track 3.0
-New Replacement for Wonders of Life (Inside Out)
-Journey Into Imagination Overhaul (40%)

DHS:
-Update on Little Mermaid Show
-Bluey Meet & Greet and Sing a Long
-Millennium Falcon Mission Updates
-Possible Blue Sky for Animation Courtyard (Pixar Pier East Coast Version or Cars/Zootopia)
-Reimagination of Indiana Jones attraction/area into a new Marvel themed area using whatever IP that would be allowed by contract. Marvel Stunt Show replacing Indy, PYM Kitchen replacing Backlot Express and tease of replacing Star Tours with reskin and/or adding Black Panther Quin Jet attraction into parking lot.

AK:
-Tropical Americas with Encanto (Mystic Manor Style) and IJ replacing Dino.
-It's Tough to Be A Bug canceled
-New Drone Show at Discovery Lagoon
-New Show for Flight of Passage
-Pride Rock teased with possible future phase and attraction

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC
Premium Member
MK:
-Beyond Big Thunder Info with Coco announced as Phase 1. Still see Villains lurking in the dark in new concept art.
-New Nighttime Parade
-Buzz Lightyear conversion to Wreck it Ralph
-Moana Attraction

EPCOT:
-New details for Test Track 3.0
-New Replacement for Wonders of Life (Inside Out)
-Journey Into Imagination Overhaul (40%)

DHS:
-Update on Little Mermaid Show
-Bluey Meet & Greet and Sing a Long
-Millennium Falcon Mission Updates
-Possible Blue Sky for Animation Courtyard (Pixar Pier East Coast Version or Cars/Zootopia)
-Reimagination of Indiana Jones attraction/area into a new Marvel themed area using whatever IP that would be allowed by contract. Marvel Stunt Show replacing Indy, PYM Kitchen replacing Backlot Express and tease of replacing Star Tours with reskin and/or adding Black Panther Quin Jet attraction into parking lot.

AK:
-Tropical Americas with Encanto (Mystic Manor Style) and IJ replacing Dino.
-It's Tough to Be A Bug canceled
-New Drone Show at Discovery Lagoon
-New Show for Flight of Passage
-Pride Rock teased with possible future phase and attraction
quite the list!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah I’m not getting my expectations high this year. Was a little surprised to see the amount of confidence myself, but to me as long as they’re truly committed to JII internally, that’s what’s most important. If what’s been indicated by you and a few others here, that Epcot 50 deadline sounds promising, and they better deliver by then, because I can’t imagine they can keep burning us on this much longer. The least they can do by 2032 is have a quality JII V4 opened to the public. It really shouldn’t be that difficult, but here we are with JIIWF 20 plus years later
Jeff Vahle allegedly hates the pavilion. If it continues to get a big nothing-burger as far as refurb money… read into that what you will.

Phicinfan

Just my gut...

AK - I believe they will show the model for Dinoland redo - but we know not all models get built - i.e. Epcot
AK - Tough to be a bug - going to Zootopia - more details

Epcot - at best maybe some more info on what is happening at TT

DHS - Nothing, maybe blue sky for Animation area - but I am thinking that will be done much later after AK and MK are done.

MK - I don't think we get a locked expansion above BTMRR. To me the IP is still too much in flux still.
MK - AL expansion - I think they share the fact they are looking at the expansion, but I don't think they share art.

So I think many will be disappointed, but I could be wrong.
I also think you will get at least one more Cruise announcement - port or ship. Also, gut says you will get wind of another DVC expansion.
This was my initial expectation...
Now?
AK - I do think we get more on Tropical Americas and Dinosaur to Indy. I don't think we get news on LK ride
Epcot - Test track news - I don't think they touch any other area on specifics other than some vague hints of changes coming to celebrate the 50th of the park
DHS - I think this is radio silent. I don't think they announce anything other than maybe some info on new Mermaid show
MK - I do expect news here, and think this will be the main focus of this D23 update for WDW - I believe we get Moana ride in Adventure land - I think we get much more clarity on BBTM.

DVC - I think they announce Reflections part deux

DL - I think more update on expansion

Cruise - More on new ships coming and expansion into Asian ports

FigmentFan82

I think we'll def get MK news including Moana, Beyond phase 1, and night parade. DHS something animation courtyard. AK Tropical Americas and Lion King - maybe something Pandora? Epcot deetz on TT3, bluesky for SSE and Imagination - "We're coming up with lot's of great ideas guys, stay tuned!"

Then maybe one left field surprise that wasn't on anyone's radar.

Also, no big deal for no live streaming. This site will be posting the updates as fast as they can. We'll get the news, all of it that's fit to print.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom