Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

bmr1591

@Drew the Disney Dude deleted that post, but here is the official Tweet:

EDIT - I have no clue what this means yet.

Basically, they're streaming it in the game and if you watch, you get a cosmetic item you can use in the game.

I'm not sure how this reaches a target audience or why the common Fortnite player would be interested in a Disney Parks panel, but okay...

Edit: Actually, this makes me think that Fortnite is getting something in the parks to try and draw in the younger demographic. Perhaps the Play Pavilion isn't dead after all.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
PLAY PAVILION SPONSORED BY EPIC GAMES IS BACK ON THE TABLE BABYYYYY
It makes sense, given the site prep they likely already did for Play! I made a post awhile back detailing all the ways this could work to their benefit. (And I hate it.) But that would push Inside Out back to Imagination, which could go either way for our favorite purple scamp.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It makes sense, given the site prep they likely already did for Play! I made a post awhile back detailing all the ways this could work to their benefit. (And I hate it.) But that would push Inside Out back to Imagination, which could go either way for our favorite purple scamp.
Or simply push Inside outside without a destination to land.

SJN1279

This article makes me think Jack Sparrow will be in it themed as well... Seems like Disney back to promoting Jack Sparrow a lot looking at this article... hmmm. Happy to see though!
Yes, I have also noticed a return to Jack Sparrow. Captain Red was not cutting it.

Very thankful.

easyrowrdw

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
-New area(potentially replacing most of the Animation Courtyard area) for the park turns out to be themed to The Boiling Isles(from The Owl House, which could be the first permanent themed land based on a TV show at any Disney park)
-Asha joins the Fantasmic cast taking Pocahontas out completely
-Ember & Wade meet and greet on Pixar Plaza
-Molly McGee meet and greet on Grand Ave
-Luz & Amity(in their epilogue outfits) meet and greet at Walt Disney Presents
-Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Live replacing the current DJR show
-Update on TLM: A Musical Adventure
DTVA representation outside Phineas and Ferb or "Shows tied to legacy Disney characters" is never going to happen. Parks and Resorts is so far out of touch with what they're doing over there that when Imagineers tried pitching a small Gravity Falls thing, they couldn't even wrap their heads around what a "Grunkle" was supposed to be.
I'm with the Imagineers on this. lol I have no idea who these people are. Googling, it seems like Owl House skewed older. I think Disney should stick with a younger theme for that area, as that's what they have now and so much of the rest of what's at the park has height requirements. Also, the show was canceled(?) so it doesn't seem like a wise investment at this point.

Bocabear

Yeah...no clue who any of these characters are... Reminds me of taking my neice to WDW years ago and her wanting to meet "The lady with Red hair"...She didn't know who it was, I still have no idea what character it was....And she only wanted to meet her because it was someone in a costume.....lol

Homemade Imagineering

Jeff Vahle allegedly hates the pavilion. If it continues to get a big nothing-burger as far as refurb money… read into that what you will.
Jeff Vahle supposedly hates anything beloved, all I’ve heard from people is how much he hates things like CoP, CBJ, IASW, etc… seems like it’s either placing all the blame on him for things like slashed maintenance/shoddy overlays, or he truly is that insufferable

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Jeff Vahle supposedly hates anything beloved, all I’ve heard from people is how much he hates things like CoP, CBJ, IASW, etc… seems like it’s either placing all the blame on him for things like slashed maintenance/shoddy overlays, or he truly is that insufferable
I have heard nothing about the man, whatsoever. That being said, what you've described sounds like he hates "classic" attractions with short-but-steady lines. He likely would prefer newer, flashier attractions that can be heavily marketed and potentially tip the scales towards booking a trip and/or generate LL revenue.

Homemade Imagineering

I have heard nothing about the man, whatsoever. That being said, what you've described sounds like he hates "classic" attractions with short-but-steady lines. He likely would prefer newer, flashier attractions that can be heavily marketed and potentially tip the scales towards booking a trip and/or generate LL revenue.
Pretty much yeah. Only skepticism I’ve got around the statement is the fact Brayden is the one who has been vocalizing Vahle’s supposed viewpoints. I just find it interesting seeing others here corroborate the same thing

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Going on a limb here;
Not allowing streaming, pictures, etc. I think it is so they can ensure the correct information and pictures go out to the fans at home. Let's not forget when they brought select media to privately view projects at WDI and then over the next days they each dropped new info.
Also to have this streamed for cast members, I feel like they're going to be a part of the presentation similar to the old Parks DVD.

Parker41056

The 1.5 billion investment in Fortnite is a bit of a head scratcher. I understand that Fortnite platform was huge and still has some value but I do think this opportunity has missed it's prime. As a father of two teenagers who were avid players for many years, they both have since moved on to something newer and fresher. Disney is such a large vessel that changing course quickly seems to be a barrier. They may be too slow to this initiative as well. Look at Tron for example. Building a clone that too an eternity while Universal has built and entire theme park in the same time. Universal is winning because they are faster to market and more hip. Even Disney+ was too late and Disney had to buy loads of expensive content to make it work. Just think Disney needs to be faster with a swifter approach to these types of things.

Both hard core fans and casual visitors are becoming a bit 'burnt out' on the idea to drain every penny you can from consumers. Hard core fans are tired of the Blue Sky and canceled projects. They are tired of the lack of originality and the effort to just use IP. They are seeing a very distant vision of Walt's dream. The company was built on originality that became IP. Casual fans find the lack of the Magical Express, difficulties using Genie+ and Lighting Lanes booking system very cumbersome. How many times have you noticed at the parks that guests are staring at their phones trying to book a ride or order food rather than enjoining the immersive theming and making memories with families/friends. Rather than finding additional ways to bleed money from guests what about providing an over the top magical experience that warrants a return trip sooner than later. This theory also has a huge ROI.

I could go on and on but the point is, Disney listen to your base and provide a healthy base of storytelling, maintenance, originality, and some industry leading ideas. Fan events such as D23 should be a 'time to shine' moment and one that should offer immense free advertising from influencers like many in this forum. This should be YouTube, Disney+, Fortnite, etc. Have ambitious plans and and be excited to share with your base. If that's not the goal, find new leadership that can deliver!

J4546

this disney/epic games partnership sounds interesting. I could see them really building an entire digital world with this and acquiring a large equity stake in epic games could def be a profit maker in years to come if it goes well.

James Alucobond

The 1.5 billion investment in Fortnite is a bit of a head scratcher. I understand that Fortnite platform was huge and still has some value but I do think this opportunity has missed its prime. As a father of two teenagers who were avid players for many years, they both have since moved on to something newer and fresher. Disney is such a large vessel that changing course quickly seems to be a barrier. They may be too slow to this initiative as well. Look at Tron for example. Building a clone that too an eternity while Universal has built and entire theme park in the same time. Universal is winning because they are faster to market and more hip. Even Disney+ was too late and Disney had to buy loads of expensive content to make it work. Just think Disney needs to be faster with a swifter approach to these types of things.
The stake is in Epic Games, not Fortnite alone. They own a distribution platform that exists in parallel to Steam, EA Play, Battle.net, etc.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Both hard core fans and casual visitors are becoming a bit 'burnt out' on the idea to drain every penny you can from consumers. Hard core fans are tired of the Blue Sky and canceled projects. They are tired of the lack of originality and the effort to just use IP. They are seeing a very distant vision of Walt's dream. The company was built on originality that became IP. Casual fans find the lack of the Magical Express, difficulties using Genie+ and Lighting Lanes booking system very cumbersome. How many times have you noticed at the parks that guests are staring at their phones trying to book a ride or order food rather than enjoining the immersive theming and making memories with families/friends. Rather than finding additional ways to bleed money from guests what about providing an over the top magical experience that warrants a return trip sooner than later. This theory also has a huge ROI.
I do think we tend to idealize who and what Walt was. (I'm as guilty of that as anybody.) At the end of the day, he was a businessman in charge of a large company who played a bit of a character in public.

That said, his playbook for success was to deliver above and beyond expectations, believing that would engender loyalty, trust, and repeat business. He was right. Today's Disney have become the carnies that spurred Walt to build Disneyland in the first place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom