Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Icarus846

I figured the email I got was a generic response from someone that didn’t really know either way. Thanks for checking though.
When I asked when it would be announced I got this response. Seems they misspoke about it being a live stream and it sounds like they will have the full video of the event at a later time. Probably so they can edit as they want.

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    48.5 KB · Views: 119

MR.Dis

He's technically shortlisted among others but I don't think he'll be seriously considered, mostly due to Chapek. Being Chapek affiliated hurts him, and Chapek pretty much burned the theme park chair ience CEO route hard enough to not do it again.

He has control over a lot, such as how things are presented or some power on what's greenlit, but ultimately if that board and man on top wants him gone they can screw him over. And the top level of this company is hilariously cutthroat for a family brand, if you aren't chosen to advance up you're forced out with a nice parachute. And this might be their time to do so
I agree that DAmaro is not a realistic choice. His lack of experience in other areas of Disney, plus the poor job Chapek did when he was promoted. Here is the thing, when he was in charge of the parks with Chapek as CEO, he did not fight to get park improvements. So whoever the new CEO is, they know they are getting a milk toast to run the parks segment-a person who will not make waves or demand change/spending.

Mediachi

I might as well drop my predictions here:

MK:
-Beyond Big Thunder (Guaranteed)
-New Parade (Likely)
-Stitch's Great Escape Replacement (Unlikely)
-Buzz Lightyear Replacement (Unlikely)
-New Cars at Tomorrowland Speedway (Unlikely)

EPCOT:
-New details for Test Track 3.0 (Guaranteed)
-Journey Into Imagination Overhaul (Very Likely)
-Grand Fiesta Tour Replacement/Coco Ride (Maybe?)
-New Replacement for Wonders of Life (Maybe?)
-Elemental Representation (Unlikely but for the love of god please)

DHS:
-Animation Courtyard Replacement (Likely)
-Rock n Rollercoaster Retheme (Maybe?)
-Further Updates to Fantasmic (Unlikely but come on please?)

AK:
-Tropical Americas (Guaranteed)
-It's Tough to Be A Bug Replacement (Likely)
-New Show at Discovery Lagoon (Maybe?)

Might update this list in the coming days before the panel, but that's all I got so far.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

I'm almost certain the "chopping block" comment is in reference to D'Amaro. Many think if this panel bombs he's out the door, that's been said a whole lot. Wouldn't look further into it then that

The heat death of the universe is more likely to shut down Great Moments then any of Disney's attempts to do so
Well, this earnings report, coupled with Hulu/21stCF’s good critical reception, has sealed the deal for him.

wutisgood

I agree that DAmaro is not a realistic choice. His lack of experience in other areas of Disney, plus the poor job Chapek did when he was promoted. Here is the thing, when he was in charge of the parks with Chapek as CEO, he did not fight to get park improvements. So whoever the new CEO is, they know they are getting a milk toast to run the parks segment-a person who will not make waves or demand change/spending.
In defense of Josh actual people like him and still do in the parks and Chapek was clearly coasting up the chain and people who interacted with him personally hated him. I have worked with people like Chapek in parks before. They will cut any and all entertainment if it makes them look good or they need to come up with their own shows.

UniversalIsMid98

In the Parks
Yes
Now.., sharing my final predictions for WDW before Saturday's big show:

Magic Kingdom:
-Beyond Big Thunder(with a surprise addition of a Nightmare Before Christmas E-Ticket and the loss of RSR and WRU(Woody's Roundup ride, likely could have been a clone of the Shanghai whip ride)
-New Daytime Parade
-Main Street Electrical Parade's return to MK
-Sofia the First meet and greet at Town Square Theater(replacing Tink, since there's no plans of bringing her back)

Epcot:
-New info on Test Track 3.0.
-Tangled attraction for Germany
-Imagination Overhaul

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
-New area(potentially replacing most of the Animation Courtyard area) for the park turns out to be themed to The Boiling Isles(from The Owl House, which could be the first permanent themed land based on a TV show at any Disney park)
-Asha joins the Fantasmic cast taking Pocahontas out completely
-Ember & Wade meet and greet on Pixar Plaza
-Molly McGee meet and greet on Grand Ave
-Luz & Amity(in their epilogue outfits) meet and greet at Walt Disney Presents
-Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Live replacing the current DJR show
-Update on TLM: A Musical Adventure

Disney's Animal Kingdom:
-Tropical Americas being confirmed with Dinoland's closure coming soon
-More on the proposed new Tree of Life show

Honorable Mention(but just as likely as a new Muppet movie getting announced this weekend): The first BSC on a fifth gate that only WDI knows about

FigmentJedi

Disney's Hollywood Studios:
-New area(potentially replacing most of the Animation Courtyard area) for the park turns out to be themed to The Boiling Isles(from The Owl House, which could be the first permanent themed land based on a TV show at any Disney park)
-Asha joins the Fantasmic cast taking Pocahontas out completely
-Ember & Wade meet and greet on Pixar Plaza
-Molly McGee meet and greet on Grand Ave
-Luz & Amity(in their epilogue outfits) meet and greet at Walt Disney Presents
DTVA representation outside Phineas and Ferb or "Shows tied to legacy Disney characters" is never going to happen. Parks and Resorts is so far out of touch with what they're doing over there that when Imagineers tried pitching a small Gravity Falls thing, they couldn't even wrap their heads around what a "Grunkle" was supposed to be.

Tha Realest

DTVA representation outside Phineas and Ferb or "Shows tied to legacy Disney characters" is never going to happen. Parks and Resorts is so far out of touch with what they're doing over there that when Imagineers tried pitching a small Gravity Falls thing, they couldn't even wrap their heads around what a "Grunkle" was supposed to be.
And yet the new TBA is largely based on a version of the character we were supposed to see in an upcoming TV animated series.

The Chatbox Ghost

What was the Gravity Falls pitch?

TheDisneyParksfanC8

My biggest hope is for realistic timelines for whatever gets announced. Not expecting anything Beyond Big Thunder prior to 2030, but the DAK/DHS additions should come before then and we should get a year attached.
They haven't started any form of land prep for Beyond Big Thunder, so honestly? I expect Courtyard development at HS before it.
I predict DAK Tropical Americans will be 2027 and DHS will be 2028. I also wonder if what is slated for DHS will be cloned to DCA as well for a HL land replacement since Avatar will more than likely go to the Simba lot where it can be more fleshed out.

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
I might as well drop my predictions here:

MK:
-Beyond Big Thunder (Guaranteed)
-New Parade (Likely)
-Stitch's Great Escape Replacement (Unlikely)
-Buzz Lightyear Replacement (Unlikely)
-New Cars at Tomorrowland Speedway (Unlikely)

EPCOT:
-New details for Test Track 3.0 (Guaranteed)
-Journey Into Imagination Overhaul (Very Likely)
-Grand Fiesta Tour Replacement/Coco Ride (Maybe?)
-New Replacement for Wonders of Life (Maybe?)
-Elemental Representation (Unlikely but for the love of god please)

DHS:
-Animation Courtyard Replacement (Likely)
-Rock n Rollercoaster Retheme (Maybe?)
-Further Updates to Fantasmic (Unlikely but come on please?)

AK:
-Tropical Americas (Guaranteed)
-It's Tough to Be A Bug Replacement (Likely)
-New Show at Discovery Lagoon (Maybe?)

Might update this list in the coming days before the panel, but that's all I got so far.
I don’t think Cabs is leaving until they find an equally popular-ish but not popular enough to drive crazy crowds IP. Coco would be too popular for the space Cabs occupies

The Chatbox Ghost

I don’t think Cabs is leaving until they find an equally popular-ish but not popular enough to drive crazy crowds IP. Coco would be too popular for the space Cabs occupies
I feel like Donald Duck is popular enough to justify keeping it the way it is. Doing anything new with it outside of refurbs and touch ups is gonna cause massive lines

Sir_Cliff

My fear is that they are trying to lower expectations. If there were major announcements they would want to livestream it.

I get wanting to protect ticket sales, but attending the event, just like a game/concert/etc, has more value than just viewing it.
It would make some sense to try and reduce the expectations that this event will always be where major new projects are announced even if they have a bunch of them to announce this time. If I were them, I would allow others to livestream it but try to take the heat off this panel a little so we have no more occasions with them having to make up things they might do just so they have something to say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom