Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Disney Analyst

There are employees aggressively walking up and down every aisle with flashlights. They manage to police the movie panels without leaks. I think they then watch to make sure People delete whatever they took.

An uninterrupted stream is impossible. If this is the final enforced decision for the Parks panel and not just movies.

Do you know if other cons or events have held panels in an arena of this scale / attendance?

Only times I've seen an arena of 15,000+ people able to police this has been with yonder pouches. Unless they are going to be staffing the heck out of that arena.

BrianLo

Do you know if other cons or events have held panels in an arena of this scale / attendance?

Only times I've seen an arena of 15,000+ people able to police this has been with yonder pouches. Unless they are going to be staffing the heck out of that arena.

It’s only double the size of Hall D23. It’s not like that was intimate.

Taylor swift at Wembley had like multiple employees on every aisle and that wasn’t even for enforcement sake.

Like maybe someone will manage a 20-30 second clip instead of 5. But with how obnoxious the employees get with their light pointers or flashlights there would be massive social pressure from those around you if you reattempted. It’s very disruptive to those around you, almost by design.

Now an audio recording would be very doable.

I’m also not sure I believe this yet. I feel like it’s just for the movie trailers again.

britain

There are employees aggressively walking up and down every aisle with flashlights. They manage to police the movie panels without leaks. I think they then watch to make sure People delete whatever they took.

An uninterrupted stream is impossible. If this is the final enforced decision for the Parks panel and not just movies.

Don’t they confiscate phones at, like, ComicCon panels?

Disney Analyst

It’s only double the size of Hall D23. It’s not like that was intimate.

Taylor swift at Wembley had like multiple employees on every aisle and that wasn’t even for enforcement sake.

Like maybe someone will manage a 20-30 second clip instead of 5. But with how obnoxious the employees get with their light pointers or flashlights there would be massive social pressure from those around you if you reattempted. It’s very disruptive to those around you, almost by design.

Now an audio recording would be very doable.

I’m also not sure I believe this yet. I feel like it’s just for the movie trailers again.

Thank you, I've never attended something like this, so unsure the scale between old hall and using an arena, as well as comparing to other Cons.

My only frame of reference is a concert, which I never see enough staff at to police diddly squat.

Icarus846

I just received a response back from D23 guest relations after voicing my disappointment. Sounds like maybe there is still a chance of a stream despite everyone saying there will not be. Who knows. Either way here is the email I got back and I find it strange they would wait so long to make an announcement if they do.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    90.5 KB · Views: 208

GenChi

I'm almost certain the "chopping block" comment is in reference to D'Amaro. Many think if this panel bombs he's out the door, that's been said a whole lot. Wouldn't look further into it then that

My guess is that Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln in Disneyland is getting replaced

The heat death of the universe is more likely to shut down Great Moments then any of Disney's attempts to do so

Icarus846

I'm almost certain the "chopping block" comment is in reference to D'Amaro. Many think if this panel bombs he's out the door, that's been said a whole lot. Wouldn't look further into it then that

The heat death of the universe is more likely to shut down Great Moments then any of Disney's attempts to do so
Isn’t he on the shortlist for next CEO?

wutisgood

If this panel bombs it's because Josh pushed for massive investment in the parks and the board ultimately cut most of it which I think would be a massive mistake. Given the announcements of total investments around 60 billion already, I can't imagine this happening. Wasn't the word that josh pushed for showcasing the blue sky thing in the first place to get fans to push for more investment to happen?

Also I am not sure Josh is the right choice for CEO anyways outside of the fact that Chapek pushed most any other qualified people who threatened him out. I think Josh needs more experience in other areas of the company. Then again given how much money the parks bring in and how much investment they need maybe he should be the choice if he trusts the right people to ultimately steer the other divisions of Disney in the right direction.

davis_unoxx

Drew has blessed us with some good news- The Pirate Lounge isn't bluesky, it's happening!

This article makes me think Jack Sparrow will be in it themed as well... Seems like Disney back to promoting Jack Sparrow a lot looking at this article... hmmm. Happy to see though!

TTA94

Original Poster
I just received a response back from D23 guest relations after voicing my disappointment. Sounds like maybe there is still a chance of a stream despite everyone saying there will not be. Who knows. Either way here is the email I got back and I find it strange they would wait so long to make an announcement if they do.

@wdwmagic have you heard of a possible last minute announcement for the stream?

GenChi

Isn’t he on the shortlist for next CEO?
Also I am not sure Josh is the right choice for CEO anyways

He's technically shortlisted among others but I don't think he'll be seriously considered, mostly due to Chapek. Being Chapek affiliated hurts him, and Chapek pretty much burned the theme park chair to CEO route hard enough to not do it again.

He has control over a lot, such as how things are presented or some power on what's greenlit, but ultimately if that board and man on top wants him gone they can screw him over. And the top level of this company is hilariously cutthroat for a family brand, if you aren't chosen to advance up you're forced out with a nice parachute. And this might be their time to do so

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
My tinfoil hat stance is he’s only still there as a human shield for the emperor. The guy to take the heat in the most hated position

If he goes…nobody left to deflect the anger.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom