Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
As we won't be getting a 5th gate, anything less than an announcement of a significant expansion with multiple attractions (not spinners) on the scale of something like a villains land (just an example) with legitimate creativity, an expansion of galaxy's edge to the product we were promised, and something of merit for the WoL pavilion will be unacceptable.

DisDude33

They haven't started any form of land prep for Beyond Big Thunder, so honestly? I expect Courtyard development at HS before it.
I fear that you’re right and that bums me out because HS have gotten so much attention in recent years and MK needs it more.

But I do remember hearing something about some work permits being filed for water work or something along those lines. Does anyone know anything about that?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
What if the reason why it's not being live streamed is because something or SOMEONE is on the chopping block and they don't want the live reaction to it online? Hm....
Bob Iger is going to be fired? Or are you talking about a purple dragon in Epcot (I highly doubt they would get rid of Figment I'm just guessing)

JMcMahonEsq

Seems to me that if this was going to be a WOW moment you would want as many eyes on this as possible, especially influencers like many in this forum. By not streaming, it sets an underwhelming tone for the reveal(s). Why wouldn't Disney want to choose a media vehicle that offers free advertising for their most ambitious projects. Hopefully this doesn't mean that Disney too feels like this D23 won't live up to expectations so they want to better control the narrative rather than offer a free stream. IDK, but this approach feels pretty mid.
You dont think that through bloggers, instagram feeds, x(twitter) posts, that WDW is going to get the sound bites and highlights that they want? And to a much broader audience than anyone who would be watching on a live stream? That’s to say nothing of the other media outlets (ESPN/abc) that Disney owns and can use to leverage any big new news they want to announce.

Again personally I would watch the live stream depending on work, but I am a Disney fan who spends time on message boards about Disney. Disney is much better served controlling the narrative to its mainstream audience, which has the added benifit of protecting ticket sales for the event itself.

Rhinocerous

Premium Member
Bob Iger is going to be fired? Or are you talking about a purple dragon in Epcot (I highly doubt they would get rid of Figment I'm just guessing)
This year we're getting bread* and circuses.

*Bread available for a very reasonable upcharge. Virtual queue for grain-based purchases opens at 7am, with bread-ing parties being called throughout the day. A limited number of deluxe butter packages will also be offered. Limit two per guest.

Advisable Joseph

why would you speculate this? nothing leading up to this has given any indication Figment is in danger. in fact the opposite has been posted many many times, that Figment is safe.
Because

What if the reason why it's not being live streamed is because something or SOMEONE is on the chopping block and they don't want the live reaction to it online? Hm....
Probably not what Moth meant, but that's the danger of vagueness.

rd805

But why? to what end? Whomever Moth was referring to, and it was all a vague comment to begin with, in no way seemed to indicate Figgy.
If it's not a Disney major Exec (which could have fans CHEERING ((an embarrassment for Disney)), then the next logical conclusion that could have fans seemingly upset / booing live is Figment.

Moth's comments didn't indicate ANYONE, so the jump to this conclusion isn't all that wild...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom