Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

JMcMahonEsq

That's what's so strange to me. No matter what Disney emails out to attendees about the panel, there will be hundreds of people livestreaming it with their phone. Why not use this as an opportunity to give someone a reason to subscribe to Disney+? It makes no sense.
I would love it if some of the Panels were live streamed. On whole I think Disney should leverage more live events to Disney+, 4th fireworks, NYE, special parades, ect. However anyone that is interested enough in WDW to want to watch live panel presentations, always is a subscriber. Your not getting a new market share with that offering

wutisgood

Didn't we know basically everything before it was announced at the last d23? No one this time is adding anything concrete beyond what we know to be longstanding rumors at this point. And those things only account for the fraction of the proposed money to be invested.

And I do not think having a live stream would have any real effect on ticket sales. Almost all of the fans who want to be there live bought tickets a while ago at this point and probably assumed there would be a stream.

rd805

Didn't we know basically everything before it was announced at the last d23? No one this time is adding anything concrete beyond what we know to be longstanding rumors at this point. And those things only account for the fraction of the proposed money to be invested.

Nah -- the beyond thunder mountain, even the animal kingdom blue sky were pretty out of left field. We know somethings, but D23 does tend to offer NEW (IMO atleast).

Parker41056

Seems to me that if this was going to be a WOW moment you would want as many eyes on this as possible, especially influencers like many in this forum. By not streaming, it sets an underwhelming tone for the reveal(s). Why wouldn't Disney want to choose a media vehicle that offers free advertising for their most ambitious projects. Hopefully this doesn't mean that Disney too feels like this D23 won't live up to expectations so they want to better control the narrative rather than offer a free stream. IDK, but this approach feels pretty mid.

wutisgood

Nah -- the beyond thunder mountain, even the animal kingdom blue sky were pretty out of left field. We know somethings, but D23 does tend to offer NEW (IMO atleast).
I mean bluesky announcements could always be a surprise in that disney can put soemthing together last minute and doesn't really have to commit to any of it.

doctornick

the number of people who would watch a livestream, while numerous, is a mere fraction of a sliver of the potential pool of guests for parks. Not having this be streamed will have a completely negligiable effect on excitement or interest in the parks - and any info of value will be out posted on the internet very soon after announcement regardless.

Also, the time of the panel (later at night on the west coast) isn't really conducive to a significantly watched livestream anyway.

rd805

the number of people who would watch a livestream, while numerous, is a mere fraction of a sliver of the potential pool of guests for parks. Not having this be streamed will have a completely negligiable effect on excitement or interest in the parks - and any info of value will be out posted on the internet very soon after announcement regardless.

Also, the time of the panel (later at night on the west coast) isn't really conducive to a significantly watched livestream anyway.

Fair points - but to me it's more just the "slap in the face" to the fans who have enjoyed watching it from home, drumming up excitement, etc. Disney does not do fan-service right very often IMO, just another one of those cases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom