Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

My predictions for what will be announced for the WDW parks this D23:

Magic Kingdom:
*Frontierland will remain Frontierland, but with Pecos Bill being remodeled into the Hungry Bear BBQ Jamboree
*Tiana's Palace will be built west of Big Thunder, with the land above Tiana's Palace transitioning into Santa Cecilia (May or may not be part of Frontierland)
*Promising concept art for villains land with no intention to move forward until "phase 1" is complete
*Most of the area above Fort Langhorn on TSI will be filled in, leading to a river comparable in size to Disneyland's ROA
*BTM getting the dynamite scene
*Tomorrowland Speedway will get electric cars
*Night time parade

Wild Cards for Magic Kingdom:
*Moana boat ride being teased
*Princess Fairytale hall being replaced with another Fantasyland dark ride
* Seasonal CBJ shows returning
*Town Square Theater update
*COP update
*Stich replacement

Epcot:
*Test Track 3.0 details
*Magic Eye Theater will get a new show featuring inside Out
*Imagination 4.0 blue sky
*SSE refurbishment announced

Wild Cards for Epcot:
*Actual concrete Imagination 4.0 plans
*Brazil Pavilion
*Downgraded Horizons replacing Mission Space or Wonders of Life

Hollywood Studios:
*Animation Courtyard blue sky (Possibly Cars? IDK)
*Rock and Roller Coaster retheme

Wild Cards for Hollywood Studios:
*Beauty and the Beast show update
*Muppets getting a bigger presence somehow
*New flat rides added to Toy Story Land

Animal Kingdom:
*Dinosaur USA closing date announced with Latin America replacement starting construction ASAP
*Latin America will feature an Encanto walk-through attraction, Indy replacing Dinos, some kind of flat ride, and all sorts of animal exhibits
*Closing date for its tough to be a bug, and more details on the new Zootopia show

Wild Cards for Animal Kingdom:
*North America or Europe blue sky
*Kali River upgrade

Last edited:

BrianLo

That makes sense. Alright I guess it's finally time to give it up haha. If a new E ticket coaster is coming to DLR it'll have to be on one of the DL Forward expansion plots. So is Hollywoodland still the location for Avatar last you heard?

I certainly assume so! I know nothing that you don’t. No insider track. My Avengers knowledge is from HKDL financials 😂

But they’ve hardly had any time to swap Avatar plans around, so I’d be caught off guard if it moved. Though Galaxies edge certainly shuffled a few times back in the day.

mickEblu

I certainly assume so! I know nothing that you don’t. No insider track. My Avengers knowledge is from HKDL financials 😂

But they’ve hardly had any time to swap Avatar plans around, so I’d be caught off guard if it moved. Though Galaxies edge certainly shuffled a few times back in the day.

Hahah, I thought I remember you saying a few months ago you had some inside info on Avatar land and where it was going. Something about whether or not the Hyperion was going to be used as well.

Jedi14

Is there a reason people are expecting Villains Land in HS instead of the originally proposed MK? I feel like they’d be stupid to not put a “dark fairytale” land in the plot directly next to both Fantasyland AND the Haunted Mansion. You don’t get better smooth transitions than that.
A Villain Land in Magic Kingdom next to Fantasyland would end up feeling like another Fantasyland expansion. I feel like you tie it into movies having villains. Also some of the main villains, like Ursula, Gaston and Hook are in parts of Fantasyland.

Andrew25

That's what's so strange to me. No matter what Disney emails out to attendees about the panel, there will be hundreds of people livestreaming it with their phone. Why not use this as an opportunity to give someone a reason to subscribe to Disney+? It makes no sense.
Because the majority of people who would watch this panel are already subscribers to Disney+

I also prefer to watch an unofficial livestream since it can capture audience reaction... which Disney cut last time Chapek was on stage and booed.

The Chatbox Ghost

A Villain Land in Magic Kingdom next to Fantasyland would end up feeling like another Fantasyland expansion. I feel like you tie it into movies having villains. Also some of the main villains, like Ursula, Gaston and Hook are in parts of Fantasyland.
That's fair, but I feel you can make it visually different enough to be it's own thing. Bear/Critter Country was able to stand out from Frontierland despite both being "old timey wilderness", though I suppose having NOS as a buffer between the two helps. If they go for a dark forest vibe that's more gothic than fantasy I think it could stand out. Possibly push a Halloween vibe with jack-o-lanterns, cobwebs, and candles. Fantasyland doesn't have anything scary at the moment, so there's no overlap in terms of ride vibes- plus there's so many villains they can focus on without needing Ursula, Gaston, and Hook- Maleficent, The Evil Queen (in her queen form, as the witch has a cameo in SDMT), Hades, Dr. Facilier, Cruella DeVil, Chernabog, Jafar, Scar, Lady Tremaine, Queen of Hearts, Honest John, Yzma, Frollo, Madam Mim, Mother Gothel.... I could go on, but there's a ton of villains they can pull from.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom