My guesses for the panel.

MK
  • Moana attraction announcement
  • Pecos Bill becomes Tiana’s place
  • BBT phase 1 (Coco)
  • Nighttime parade/parade that can run during the day and night
Epcot
  • Test Track 3.0 Info
  • World Showcase blue sky of a new pavilion (India, Greece, Brazil, or Australia)
HS
  • Villains Land at animation courtyard
  • Galaxy’s edge expansion
  • Rock n Roller Coster Taylor’s Version
  • Little Mermaid show date
  • Something Muppets
AK
  • Tropical Americas details
  • Lion King boat/flume announcement
  • Something for the amphitheater
  • Nighttime entertainment/drones

britain

God, I’m scared they’re not gonna deliver, and do more of the blue sky stuff. Idk how true the “cm steams only” thing is, but it doesn’t give me much hope. I mean Moana, TLK, TT3, and tropical americas would be fine, but i would hate another strining along of “we might do this” because in reality it’s because they are too scared to fully green light stuff
I’m beginning to think that even in the very best case scenario (lots of huge things have been green lit) we’re still not going to actually hear about the half of it at this D23. They’d want preserve something big for Destination D next year, and something for the Expo the year after that.

Even if they’ve “seen the light” and are going to pump billions into the parks over the next 10 years, that means they have 10 years of announcements to make. Why blow it all this weekend?

I predict detailed announcements about the obvious things coming (DL Avatar, Avengers E, Tropical Americas) and that’s about it. Maybe Beyond Big Thunder phase 1.

That’s it.

Unbuckle up.

SpectreJordan

I might be wrong but wasn’t it only the Destination D23, in Orlando, that normally live streams the parks panel? Not the full blown D23 expo?
A lot of SDCC panels, Marvel Studios particularly, are done similarly. I'm not sure why companies still do this, it's very outdated & it would be such easy marketing to livestream for thousands to watch.

I think the excuse I've seen is that companies claim it's to give the fans who show up a treat, which is BS IMO. The people who go there are treated by getting to see everything live & in person. I went to the Star Wars Celebration 40th anniversary panel & it was a dream come true; the fact that it was livestreamed did not affect my enjoyment of the panel at all.

mickEblu

I’m beginning to think that even in the very best case scenario (lots of huge things have been green lit) we’re still not going to actually hear about the half of it at this D23. They’d want preserve something big for Destination D next year, and something for the Expo the year after that.

Even if they’ve “seen the light” and are going to pump billions into the parks over the next 10 years, that means they have 10 years of announcements to make. Why blow it all this weekend?

I predict detailed announcements about the obvious things coming (DL Avatar, Avengers E, Tropical Americas) and that’s about it. Maybe Beyond Big Thunder phase 1.

That’s it.

Unbuckle up.

That's not too shabby for DLR. Especially if they announce that the Avengers ride will be using the Cosmic Rewind ride system. I know that its supposed to be that Scoop like ride system but don't the OLC/ foreign parks usually have an exclusivity clause on these things?

I think you'll also hear some announcements for the 70th including Lincoln and the entertainment.

sw_charlie

IMG_5106.jpeg

BrianLo

They’d want preserve something big for Destination D next year, and something for the Expo the year after that.

Last year was very atypical. I don’t think anything of substance has ever been announced at destination, other than last year. Typically they’ll flush some existing projects out, at best.

Even if they announce ‘all these things’, there’s plenty of detail to spice up Destination next year.

mickEblu

No problem! The rate limiting step is going to be HKDL. Cosmic Rewind is way more expensive than what budget they have to work for. It’s a good sized budget but not that generous.

That makes sense. Alright I guess it's finally time to give it up haha. If a new E ticket coaster is coming to DLR it'll have to be on one of the DL Forward expansion plots. So is Hollywoodland still the location for Avatar last you heard?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom