Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

Sneaky

Simpsons is no for this D23. The Simpsons contract ends 2028 and the last I heard Universal wants to get a rid of in 2027 instead of the rumored 2025. I reason I said 2027 because Universal wants to replace Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit before Simpsons goes away according to rumors.
Do they want to add Simpsons to wdw?

Moth

We doing predictions? Alright.

This is purely moth stuff, none of the 'sources' influence here. So don't take any of this as a sly hint.

MK
  • Beyond Big Thunder
    • Coco!
    • Cars!
  • Pecos Bill retheme to Hungry Bear or Tiana.
  • Frontierland goes away? Hm.
  • Moana!
  • New night parade!
  • Random Bet: New attraction for Fantasyland
  • WILDCARD: STITCH TIKI ROOM
EPCOT
  • TEST TRACK 3.0
    • Fun to be Free! AAs! Oh my!
  • More Figment teasing.
  • Inside Out tease? Annoucement? WoL? Imagination? Who knows. I don't.
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
  • imma be real here i expect this park to get glossed over if there's no bluesky for the courtyard. pass.
  • RNR retheme is too soon after the Aerosmith news. I don't expect that til Destination D23 next year.
  • More non-sequel M&Gs for GE.
ANIMAL KINGDOM
  • Rhode's restless spirit lets him finally fix the Yeti. His last job, his bargaining chip to allow the suits to allow Zootopia.
  • Tough to Be a Bug becomes Zootopia PD.
  • Tropical Americas. Indy! Encanto! Dino-WHATS?!
  • Lion King ride in Africa, I guess.
Other Parks that aren't WDW
  • Bears head back to DLR, probably elaboration on the new restaurant.
  • Pandora news for DLR, they remain coy where it's going park wise....

The Chatbox Ghost

We doing predictions? Alright.

This is purely moth stuff, none of the 'sources' influence here. So don't take any of this as a sly hint.

MK
  • Beyond Big Thunder
    • Coco!
    • Cars!
  • Frontierland goes away? Hm.
God I really hope Cars isn’t happening at MK, especially with how old of an IP it is already who knows if it’ll still be popular be the time it’s built
Other Parks that aren't WDW
  • Bears head back to DLR, probably elaboration on the new restaurant.
I can vibe with this though. Get rid of Pooh and return Bear Country to the bears!

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
On the site that shall not be named, they are reporting that Disney will not have an Official Live Stream this year. Only live streaming to Cast Members. So YouTube is going to be set on fire with other streams and Twitter will implode. Why would Disney not live stream? Because of ticket sales and making it "premium" or because it is another sign it ain't going to be that great after all?

The Chatbox Ghost

On the site that shall not be named, they are reporting that Disney will not have an Official Live Stream this year. Only live streaming to Cast Members. So YouTube is going to be set on fire with other streams and Twitter will implode. Why would Disney not live stream? Because of ticket sales and making it "premium" or because it is another sign it ain't going to be that great after all?
Both that and likely, as others have said, to control the initial response. People who paid to be there are likely the kind of people that’ll be happy with anything Disney does, meaning initial responses will be majorly positive. Then once everyone else finds out it’ll start to skew more mixed, but at least the initial reactions will be good for PR.

The Chatbox Ghost

On the site that shall not be named
Oh and to add- we’re back on the media list, so I’m assuming the source is directly from them. I’m not involved in news, just graphics, so I can’t confirm myself. But I do know we’ve gotten a lot of stuff directly from Disney now that they want to have a good relationship with the “site that shall not be named”

EDIT: Yeah it’s not a rumor.

Sneaky

Both that and likely, as others have said, to control the initial response. People who paid to be there are likely the kind of people that’ll be happy with anything Disney does, meaning initial responses will be majorly positive. Then once everyone else finds out it’ll start to skew more mixed, but at least the initial reactions will be good for PR.
Is the stuff announced gonna bring mixed feelings?

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Maybe because they want the fanboy vloggers to heavily and excitedly announce things before us realists pick it apart in real time 🤷🏼‍♂️

The Chatbox Ghost

Maybe because they want the fanboy vloggers to heavily and excitedly announce things before us realists pick it apart in real time 🤷🏼‍♂️
Oh 100%. Though Mr. Bossman is going to be there too so there’s at least one person who’ll honestly review everything lol
Is the stuff announced gonna bring mixed feelings?
Knowing Disney- yeah. But hey, maybe they’ll have nothing but Ws this time! Extremely unlikely though, I’m expecting there to be some disappointments

James Alucobond

These events are also just not very compelling as live streams, and the musical numbers and skits that are somewhat necessary to justify the price of admission for the average attendee don't come off well when not there in person. If there is no live stream, they probably just want a more curated data dump for non-attendees. As long as we get all of the art and announcements (which we will), it doesn't really matter.

Sneaky

These events are also just not very compelling as live streams, and the musical numbers and skits that are somewhat necessary to justify the price of admission for the average attendee don't come off well when not there in person. If there is no live stream, they probably just want a more curated data dump for non-attendees. As long as we get all of the art and announcements (which we will), it doesn't really matter.
People are saying it’s due to rights issues with performances. It probably doesn’t mean they’re hiding anything. It does help tho

GenChi

wasn’t that the one with the rebuilt three cabaleros (at one point)?

Correct me if wrong but I never remotely once saw anything that Brazil was going to have an attraction attached. Plan always seemed it was going to be the regular shops and a restaurant with no ride, adding little designs around it to make the Cabs the "mascots" of the pavilion, and then move Coco into Mexico's ride

BrianLo

I do agree with you. A curated data dump plays better. The musical numbers (that everyone hates), are actually quite enjoyable in person. I’ve been on both sides and don’t want them cancelling the show elements of the panel.

I get it, but 7 PM is pushing it. It should be at 10 AM PT like an Apple event.

Much prefer this change. It doesn’t conflict with the rest of the expo for attendees. It was done partially out of necessity because it is now off site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom