Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

DCLcruiser

DPB just updated and now includes a D23 page. Maybe this will update to a live stream.

24_DPB_D23_Expo2024_HomepageBanner_PreEvent_v5_st-1.png

Last edited:

Lilofan

Insiders indicated that Epcot getting a Brazil pavilion was a planned announcement at one of the D23's and got pulled at the last minute.
In 1999 at Millennium Village Epcot there were a few countries represented with food drink activities - South Korea, New Zealand , Chile, Brazil, Israel etc. I loved that building and the Tapestry of Nations parade.

The Chatbox Ghost

Well, since we're getting close, I might as well try my hand at predicting things- at least for Florida since those are the parks I know the best. Never been to any other Disney parks, so I can't really make any solid guesses to what would be announced aside from things I've seen other people guess.

Magic Kingdom
  • Beyond Big Thunder
    • Phase 1
      • Coco area for Frontierland
        • New restaurant that serves more traditional Mexican food and some Tex Mex
        • Smaller attraction- either a flat ride, stage show, or more traditional dark ride
      • Big Thunder Mountain
        • Closed for track refurbishment while Phase 1 is built
        • Will receive dynamite effects
      • Rivers of America
        • Will be shortened to allow for more space for Phase 2 and beyond
        • Riverboat may be docked permanently, likely closer to Tiana's so they can New Orleans-ify it
        • Island with the Fort may or may not be axed as well
      • Tiana's Palace
        • Restaurant will be built from scratch to the right of TBA, on the way towards BTM
    • Phase 2
      • Hinted at- likely a Villain's Land
      • Nightmare scenario: Cars Land or Zootopia Land
  • Frontierland
    • Pecos Bill's
      • Will close and be rethemed to the Hungry Bear Musical Jamboree
      • Unlike the DL version, will be more overtly themed to the CBJ to tie into the fact the show exits out into it
      • Possible return of the Mile Long Bar for another place to get alcoholic beverages ($$$$$$)
      • If we're really lucky, Romeo will be back with a new costume. Maybe even Henry finally?
        • If we're REALLY lucky they'll redo Shaker and Wendell to make them actually look like the show version of the characters PLEASE
    • DVC Lounge
      • Concept art may be shown, no one will care, will make us remember what we lost :(
  • Adventureland
    • Pirate's Lounge
      • More concept art shown
      • Definite location announced- likely the old club space near the ride's show building
    • Moana Expansion
      • Set in the old Fire Mountain expansion plot
      • Ride using the new patented tech that's clearly for Moana
      • Meet and greet space
      • Probably a new quick service place
      • Splash pad and lots of water features likely
  • Tomorrowland
    • Replacement for Stitch- Wreck it Ralph, Lightyear, Elio, Strange World?
    • They sure as hell aren't using this rotting plot for DVC Lounges so you might as well put something in it
    • SUPER unlikely: Return of the Timekeeper
  • Liberty Square
    • Haunted Mansion restaurant?
EPCOT
  • Not much to announce as they just finished "New" Epcot
  • Test Track 3.0
    • Talked about, possibly more concept art shown
  • Journey into Imagination
    • Overhaul to the ride to bring back Dreamfinder and make it closer to the original version, but with better technology
    • Not super likely but they have been hinting at something for Figment at Imagineering
  • Wonders of Life Pavillion
    • Very unlikely, but potentially an Inside Out overhaul of it- if not there, then a show in the Magic Eye Theater
  • World Showcase
    • Unlikely, but perhaps a new country- Brazil, Spain, Colombia, or Greece?
Hollywood Studios
  • Rock N' Rollercoaster
    • Retrack and retheme
      • Muppets would be cool but they're already on the other side of the park and only Star Wars gets special treatment like that
      • Taylor Swift? (Kill me)
      • Some IP
      • Wildcard option: Phineas and Ferb
  • Animation Courtyard
    • Either Bluey replaces the Disney Jr. show, or the entire area is getting redone
      • Little Mermaid could move to AK and replace Nemo
      • If it were to be redone- hopefully an IP land to keep those types of lands out of MK
        • Not sure what IP- Zootopia? Bluey? Simpsons somehow?
  • Galaxy's Edge
    • Probably just some new meet and greets
    • Unlikely- relocating Star Tours over to GE to allow for expansion space where it once was
  • I honestly don't really have any thoughts for this park, everything I would change about it is either unlikely or not anything worth a big announcement
    • (Adding shade and cooling features to Toy Story Land, Muppets Studios Land, etc)
Animal Kingdom
  • Tropical Americas
    • Formally announced as confirmed
      • Closing date for Dinosaur and Dinoland USA possibly announced
    • Encanto
      • Trackless dark ride taking you through the house and all the magic doors, likely an emphasis on Antonio's room with the animals
    • Indiana Jones
      • New adventure in a Mayan-like temple, next to no chance of any dinosaurs
    • Carousel
      • The concept art had a carousel, I don't see why they'd cut something so cheap that adds easy capacity
    • Probably some references to Dinoland USA somewhere
  • It's Tough to Be a Bug
    • Closing date announced, more details on Zootopia show
    • God I hope they do this so that way we don't get Zootopia Land in MK
  • Africa
    • Not likely, but potentially a Lion King expansion that'll add a classic style dark/boat ride and probably a gift shop and meet and greets
      • Meet and greet with Simba (a puppet like in FotLK)?
  • Expedition Everest
    • SUPER SUPER unlikely- when Tropical Americas opens, Everest will go down to fit the Yeti finally so Joe Rohde can finally rest
    • If this happens I'll get a tattoo of the Yeti or something, that's how unlikely it is

IMDREW

Usually filming wasnt allowed in the parks and movies panels, but maybe with it being in a much bigger venue, they can’t hold on to that anymore, so people can stream themselves?

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Usually filming wasn't allowed in the parks and movies panels, but maybe with it being in a much bigger venue, they can’t hold on to that anymore, so people can stream themselves?
I don't remember there being restrictions for filming the parks panels, the studios have I think but parks seems to be fair game. You can find recordings of all the past d23 parks panels on YouTube.

wdwfan4ver

• Animation Courtyard
    • Either Bluey replaces the Disney Jr. show, or the entire area is getting redone
      • Little Mermaid could move to AK and replace Nemo
      • If it were to be redone- hopefully an IP land to keep those types of lands out of MK
        • Not sure what IP- Zootopia? Bluey? Simpsons somehow?
Simpsons is no for this D23. The Simpsons contract ends 2028 and the last I heard Universal wants to get a rid of in 2027 instead of the rumored 2025. I reason I said 2027 because Universal wants to replace Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit before Simpsons goes away according to rumors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom