Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
IF it's true that the only stream of the Parks panel will be for CM's, and IF they only release information through the DPB, that would be an attempt to control the narrative, would it not? And that would happen when there is reason to be concerned about reaction to the content, no? I admit I could be 1000% wrong about all that, but this is all striking me as some rather odd decision making.

Meanwhile, Universal waits in the wings... ready, willing, and able to usurp a lot of attention with an announcement around some little thing they are opening next year, if they so desire.

Sneaky

IF it's true that the only stream of the Parks panel will be for CM's, and IF they only release information through the DPB, that would be an attempt to control the narrative, would it not? And that would happen when there is reason to be concerned about reaction to the content, no? I admit I could be 1000% wrong about all that, but this is all striking me as some rather odd decision making.

Meanwhile, Universal waits in the wings... ready, willing, and able to usurp a lot of attention with an announcement around some little thing they are opening next year, if they so desire.

i really hope not, but idk maybe.

Sneaky

And there is no clear rumors sticking out as well. Usually we’d have a bigger picture, but this year we are fully unknown. I wonder why people aren’t talking as much this year.

JMcMahonEsq

Meanwhile, Universal waits in the wings... ready, willing, and able to usurp a lot of attention with an announcement around some little thing they are opening next year, if they so desire

As to universal, there is nothing that anyone can do to change that. Universal gets to choose when they announce, and of course they will do so at the time most favorable to them.

As to your first paragraph, of course it’s an attempt to control a narrative. Anything and everything a business does as far as releasing information is done with the mindset of either creating the narrative you want, or shaping a narrative to the extent you can.

A business is always going to be concerned about public reaction to their content, no matter if you think the information should be received favorably or not. In this particular case where you know universal is going to drop an opening day for its new park, the information released at D23 is not going to be a single full output bc you know universal is going to try and steal some thunder. You’re going to want to control the narrative as much as you can which, on average, is easier with a smaller audience.

Sneaky

As to universal, there is nothing that anyone can do to change that. Universal gets to choose when they announce, and of course they will do so at the time most favorable to them.

As to your first paragraph, of course it’s an attempt to control a narrative. Anything and everything a business does as far as releasing information is done with the mindset of either creating the narrative you want, or shaping a narrative to the extent you can.

A business is always going to be concerned about public reaction to their content, no matter if you think the information should be received favorably or not. In this particular case where you know universal is going to drop an opening day for its new park, the information released at D23 is not going to be a single full output bc you know universal is going to try and steal some thunder. You’re going to want to control the narrative as much as you can which, on average, is easier with a smaller audience.
Are they going to try and delay the release of information publically from d23 over a while?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
And there is no clear rumors sticking out as well. Usually we’d have a bigger picture, but this year we are fully unknown. I wonder why people aren’t talking as much this year.
No insider worth their salt is giving any sort of hint as to what will be announced at D23. They’ve been burned before and won’t make the same mistake again. Hints as to things they may be working on, yes. Announcements at D23? No.

Moth

No insider worth their salt is giving any sort of hint as to what will be announced at D23. They’ve been burned before and won’t make the same mistake again. Hints as to things they may be working on, yes. Announcements at D23? No.
There's an incredibly good reason why I've been quiet lately and it's something among these lines to a t. Absolutely no insider on a public stage is going to say they know what's at D23.

All this does is give me a chance to clean house behind the scenes.

The only insider I'm aware of that has hinted stuff for D23 is Imagineer_97 on here saying TLK, Moana and TT 3 will be there.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
There's an incredibly good reason why I've been quiet lately and it's something among these lines to a t. Absolutely no insider on a public stage is going to say they know what's at D23.

The only insider I'm aware of that has hinted stuff for D23 is Imagineer_97 on here saying TLK, Moana and TT 3 will be there.
Particularly when, in the past, content has been changed a few hours before the presentation.

Sneaky

God, I’m scared they’re not gonna deliver, and do more of the blue sky stuff. Idk how true the “cm steams only” thing is, but it doesn’t give me much hope. I mean Moana, TLK, TT3, and tropical americas would be fine, but i would hate another strining along of “we might do this” because in reality it’s because they are too scared to fully green light stuff

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom