Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does Disney have the ability to livestream to Disney+? I've been wondering about that actually. (I don't watch enough on Disney+ to know).

Dear Perplexity AI... has disney plus ever live-streamed an event to disney+?​

Answer
Disney+ has indeed live-streamed events. Notably, the platform hosted the live event "Harmonious Live!" on June 21, 2022, which was a special performance of the EPCOT nighttime spectacular at Walt Disney World. This event celebrated World Music Day and featured performances by various artists, including Idina Menzel and Auli’i Cravalho. Following the live stream, the event was made available for subscribers to watch anytime on Disney+. Additionally, there are plans for Disney+ to live-stream parts of the upcoming D23 events, although specific details about which panels will be included are still pending

This indicates a growing trend for Disney+ to incorporate live-streaming capabilities into their offerings, enhancing viewer engagement with live events.

Phicinfan

There's room, it has been rumored and that would be an opportunity to do it sooner rather than later. I could also see a hotel being part of a Beyond Big Thunder expansion as well.
Don’t believe it will happen, costs for staffing, and added security will make it too costly IMO

Kane88

I know what will make the crowd go wild. Announcing virtual queues are gone forever. They won't do it but it would be great.
While I’m not a fan of waking up at 5/6 for a virtual queue, it’s necessary for a few of the rides like Tiana’s and Guardians. Tiana’s for its reliability and guardians for the space. There simply isn’t enough room to house the demand for the ride unless the utilize the area in between connections and the ride AND the plaza in front

C33Mom

Considering the hype for D23, this is probably one of the most ridiculous decisions I've heard in the past few years.
While I disagree with the decision, I don’t think it’s ridiculous. If they limit the audience to the people who still love Disney and have enough optimism (or even faint hope) to go through the trouble of attending, the first hour or two of social media content and chatter will skew far more positive than if they simultaneously broadcast to all of the people on this board looking to nitpick and “Disney is dying” influencers elsewhere who seem to have hours a day to devote to dumping on Disney and making lemons out of lemonade.

OTOH, I don’t think that excluding the hundreds (thousands?) of huge Disney Parks fans without the time/money/resources to attend is likely to win Disney any additional trust or goodwill from people on the fence. If they set it up for employees, they could have chosen to set it up for passengers/key holders, DVC members, people with a resort stay booked in 2025, etc.

Last i checked 7D was a thumbed down version of the ride… SDD was also. Lets not discuss the extra ride SWL lost along with Pandora and the TSL “phase 2”. Come on you guys cant be serious. The list can go on and on but its not even worth mentioning any more. Oh wait lets do so. Mary Poppins attraction
The list can go on and on "immediately mentions another COVID cut,"

peter11435

Last i checked 7D was a thumbed down version of the ride… SDD was also. Let’s not discuss the extra ride SWL lost along with Pandora and the TSL “phase 2”. Come on you guys cant be serious. The list can go on and on but it’s not even worth mentioning any more. Oh wait let’s do so. Mary Poppins attraction
Mary Poppins was on again off again for creative reasons (and you would have all complained about it if they built it) but it was ultimately cut due to covid.

None of the other items mentioned in this post were ever officially announced.

Most attractions that have ever been built are “thumbed down” versions of what was once planned.

peter11435

Don’t believe it will happen, costs for staffing, and added security will make it too costly IMO
Not really a concern.

There are numerous examples of Disney hotels having private entrances into parks around the world. Including 1 they just opened last year. Don’t forget each of the MK monorail resorts already has dedicated security to screen guests from this resorts.

Phicinfan

Not really a concern.

There are numerous examples of Disney hotels having private entrances into parks around the world. Including 1 they just opened last year. Don’t forget each of the MK monorail resorts already has dedicated security to screen guests from this resorts.
True, but I still don't see MK doing it. They have had the opportunity to do so and have avoided it. I also don't think they want to pull the "top value" of Grand Floridian, and lets face it, a connected resort would become the big new draw.

peter11435

True, but I still don't see MK doing it. They have had the opportunity to do so and have avoided it. I also don't think they want to pull the "top value" of Grand Floridian, and lets face it, a connected resort would become the big new draw.
Having a “big new draw” is generally not something money motivated originations shy away from.

I wouldn’t exactly say that MK has easily had the opportunity to this before and avoided it. Prior to the Floridian way realignment plan and this MK expansion I don’t think it was ever really feasible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom