Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No insider worth their salt is giving any sort of hint as to what will be announced at D23. They’ve been burned before and won’t make the same mistake again. Hints as to things they may be working on, yes. Announcements at D23? No.
Indeed, this.

Our insiders may have given us a detailed road map of all future builds, but that doesn't mean any of it will be announced at D23, even if it has been greenlit.

Marketing is in charge of announcements, and their concern is to keep a marketing buzz going perpetually. The idea of spilling everything in one swoop and having nothing to add for the next year or two is anathema to them.

Gusey

They've already announced a 3rd expansion for Shanghai located next to Zootopia, which permits confirmed will be a dual launch coaster. I can still seem them continuing to announce the rollercoaster and the theme for Shanghai. Not sure how much the Taiwanese economy will impact any potential Marvel announcements for Hong Kong, but Hong Kong and DCA were supposed to be getting similar Avengers E-Tickets at one point in time

Parker41056

No insider worth their salt is giving any sort of hint as to what will be announced at D23. They’ve been burned before and won’t make the same mistake again. Hints as to things they may be working on, yes. Announcements at D23? No.
It feels as if Disney may be purposely throwing out some mis-information to identify where the leaks are occurring. If I was an insider, this would be a time to not 'spill the beans' and share what I know as I would not want to be exposed.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It feels as if Disney may be purposely throwing out some mis-information to identify where the leaks are occurring. If I was an insider, this would be a time to not 'spill the beans' and share what I know as I would not want to be exposed.

That's been a thing longer than D23 events have been around.

In the past, Disney has changed what was going to be announced an hour before the Parks presentation. It burned a few people with sources so now there are few, if any, credible insiders who will give D23 predictions because any information that was shared with them could be rendered moot at the drop of a hat. It has nothing to do with ferreting out who is leaking information.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom