Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

BrianLo

Quarterly calls very rarely break new news. Instead, they list achievements and rehash already-announced plans.

And if news is broken, it ain't about the parks. It's more corporate news than anything else.

Iger's Avatar for Disneyland is basically the only instance I can think of. Though he was prone to spoiling things he finds 'legacy defining' and was the one to reveal Galaxie's Edge at D23 in the movies panel before Chapek could the following day.

...but there were two rather large movies in the quarter for Iger to snap demand integration with, so I'm saying a 0.1% chance this time and not zero.

On an unrelated note for things that are unusual, it was actual announcements of substance at Destination D23. So I'm worried people will have unusual expectations next year.

The Chatbox Ghost

If they finalized on Coco being phase I it's likely. Hungry Bear in Disneyland was clearly announced early due to the strike news so they might have planned it for MK to announce at the same time at D23. But Tiana and Bears serve different food so they might still be deciding what of the two concept options they have would sell better. If they aren't ready to announce Phase I they will eventually get to rebranding to match all the new retheme development in the area but might hold off a bit
IMO, Magic Kingdom could use some good barbecue. Plus, CBJ exits into Pecos Bill’s, so why not give them a proper themed exit at this point? I’m sure people would go nuts for a return of the Mile Long Bar with Big Al’s Moonshine jugs available to buy.

wutisgood

I don't think this will happen....but if Everest was turned into an IP, I can only think of Frozen fitting. It doesn't fit DAK theming, but they could put Elsa's castle at the top of the mountain and then you would be chased by Marshmallow.
Bown Yang as an angry everest comments on a bad disney quarter for weekend update.

wutisgood

So what happens if someone comes in here and just nails the predicitions? Do they get deleted fast because they obviously have real sources? Do they stay up because we don't want to act like anyone knows?

OptimusPrime

In the Parks
No
If they finalized on Coco being phase I it's likely. Hungry Bear in Disneyland was clearly announced early due to the strike news so they might have planned it for MK to announce at the same time at D23. But Tiana and Bears serve different food so they might still be deciding what of the two concept options they have would sell better. If they aren't ready to announce Phase I they will eventually get to rebranding to match all the new retheme development in the area but might hold off a bit
I think that if they do Tiana’s as a restaurant, they’ll put it on the path into Beyond Big Thunder and make Pecos Bill into Hungry Bear

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
With how many insiders have given hints to what’s coming, there’ll be plenty in here whose predictions are correct.
No insider worth their salt is giving any sort of hint as to what will be announced at D23. They’ve been burned before and won’t make the same mistake again. Hints as to things they may be working on, yes. Announcements at D23? No.

RSoxNo1

Question: does TBA even get mentioned by Josh? Given its unpopularity with some segments of park guests, and it’s embarrassing performance that even its most ardent defenders acknowledge is a huge problem?
Tiana's Bayou Adventure will get mentioned and it will be praised. I don't think the hate here is much more than a vocal minority. I also anticipate a look into the section of the park, perhaps with a plan for WDW.

The changes to Lightning Lane on the other hand probably shouldn't get mentioned. I've got a few expletives chambered should it get a mention.

RSoxNo1

I know what will make the crowd go wild. Announcing virtual queues are gone forever. They won't do it but it would be great.
They have their place for new attractions and attractions with reliability issues. It currently makes sense for Tiana's and really not much else.

With D23 being around the corner, I’m surprised that I haven’t seen much discussion about the future of the Rivers of America in Magic Kingdom. Some ”insiders” are saying it’s being filled in completely, and some “insiders” are saying it’s getting shortened. If you ask me, I believe that most of the river north of the maintenance canal will be filled in, resulting in something like this:

Attachments

• 22A99BB7-1EE9-462E-85E5-D856F7BB938F.jpeg
    22A99BB7-1EE9-462E-85E5-D856F7BB938F.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 116

GenChi

IMO, Magic Kingdom could use some good barbecue. Plus, CBJ exits into Pecos Bill’s, so why not give them a proper themed exit at this point? I’m sure people would go nuts for a return of the Mile Long Bar with Big Al’s Moonshine jugs available to buy.

Been leaning towards it being CBJ and maybe they wanted to announce same time as DL's initially. Above all simply think BBQ will sell better, but it would be a very natural retheme furthering the new southern angle of the area they are seeming to pivot to. Tiana would also work if they make it just that tiny section NO but CBJ seems a better fit and CBJ love is warm enough to replace an opening day offering with no issues

I think that if they do Tiana’s as a restaurant, they’ll put it on the path into Beyond Big Thunder and make Pecos Bill into Hungry Bear

That's a great option if they want Tiana to still happen

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom