Rumor D23 2024 WDW Rumors, Predictions & Discussion

cjkeating

Could something on the image represent the new park at Shanghai?

Horizons-Disney-Experiences-Showcase-Parks-Resorts-Disney-World-Disneyland-Presentation.jpg

Jim Shull is the ultimate disinformation merchant so I wouldn't really listen to him. And yes I know he is an ex-Imagineer.

Even his 'factual' tweets are full of errors.

tanc

Hoping to get a release date for Lincoln, would be cool considering they've been working on it for a while now.

For something really unlikely and left field, would they look at the Main Street theatre idea again?

I still think there is a chance of something random and left field being announced not yet mentioned or hinted at here.
Imo if they wanted to do something a little cheaper than the constant Broadway level shows (which would be awesome either way) I could almost see them moving over One Man's Dream to Main Street in a theater/museum like building. So they can fully take the space of Animation Courtyard + One Man's Dream with whatever they're going to cook up for Hollywood Studios.

MouseEarsMom33

1. What IP would Everest even be rethemed too? Because there's not a single IP that would make sense/is popular enough to do so. Plus they are already doing Tropical Americas, a new nighttime show, maybe Zootopia replacement, and maybe a lion king show. I doubt they would have the energy or budget, especially for a ride that continues to post consistent wait times, not outdated or showing age, and popularity is still high.
I don't think this will happen....but if Everest was turned into an IP, I can only think of Frozen fitting. It doesn't fit DAK theming, but they could put Elsa's castle at the top of the mountain and then you would be chased by Marshmallow.

Stripes

Premium Member
Honestly all this stuff about the Disney Destiny are announcements that I would expect from the parks panel.
I'm still assuming they have a new class of ships to announce instead.

3-4 of them for 2029-2034 range.
The Disney Adventure is also, by far, their largest ship and they haven‘t said much about it. I imagine the DCL time will be spent primary on the Adventure with potentially a small amount of time announcing a new class.

Last edited:

GenChi

Honestly all this stuff about the Disney Destiny are announcements that I would expect from the parks panel.

My heart tells me they know Disney cruises are filler and this surprise announcement shortly before D23 means they have a serious amount of large announcements in store

My brain tells me they are making room for more entirely random musical performance filler no one cares about

EricsBiscuit

My heart tells me they know Disney cruises are filler and this surprise announcement shortly before D23 means they have a serious amount of large announcements in store

My brain tells me they are making room for more entirely random musical performance filler no one cares about
Exactly. My expectations couldn’t be any lower

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom